Dynadot

Undeveloped.com Experience

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Status
Not open for further replies.
Has anyone used undeveloped.com to sell domains? They claim to be able to increase a domainers sales by 54%.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
nameservers could bring them direct traffic.

what do you mean?

direct trafic is typein trafic from url.. u can accomplish this by doing redirect to their url.. u do not need to set nameservers to them.. unless you maybe want some more accurate or extra stats in the graphs or such.. otherwise setting dns to them changes nothing vs doing url redirect to them.. unless im missing somehting here

•••
The only way anyone will land on your Undeveloped domain is directly via your URL too. We’ve had this discussion before almost no one is searching the Undeveloped database for names - such traffic is practically nonexistent.

As more people join the platform and park their names with the Undeveloped sales landers, the more likely it is that people will explore and search the platform. Network effects. They are clearly growing and to say "The only way anyone will land on your Undeveloped domain is directly via your URL too" is silly.

Also in terms of what makes them unique, they are the only marketplace/escrow platform offering easy installment plans, which can be really huge for closing a sale. For a buyer, paying smaller amounts spread over time is much easier than dropping a large sum up front. So much less risk for a new business.

Last edited:
•••
what do you mean?

direct trafic is typein trafic from url.. u can accomplish this by doing redirect to their url.. u do not need to set nameservers to them.. unless you maybe want some more accurate or extra stats in the graphs or such.. otherwise setting dns to them changes nothing vs doing url redirect to them.. unless im missing somehting here
nameservers setuped in the whois could bring customers to them.

•••
The only way anyone will land on your Undeveloped domain is directly via your URL too. We’ve had this discussion before almost no one is searching the Undeveloped database for names - such traffic is practically nonexistent.

So you say it is the same for all marketplaces? Is there even a way to know? I had people who bought my name on GD when it was parked with a normal lander with less price...Could it be a matter of trust?

•••
nameservers setuped in the whois could bring customers to them.

ah ok.. I see. you mean this in general way that it can help undeveloped popularity etc if everyone set dns to them... I thouhght you meant that it changes something or helps each person who does this.. for their own sales or what not..

ty for clarifying

•••
So you say it is the same for all marketplaces? Is there even a way to know? I had people who bought my name on GD when it was parked with a normal lander with less price...Could it be a matter of trust?

If you’ve followed this thread the way I know - is that I have all the same domains listed at Afternic, Sedo, DomainAgents and Undeveloped.

I use my own landing pages.

About 1500 domains.

I sell like gang busters on all of these platforms except for Undeveloped. I get almost daily offers and weekly closed sales on all of these - except Undeveloped.

At Undeveloped finally recently I got a 10 Euro offer on a domain worth over 100x more than that. That is the only offer or inquiry I have received at Undeveloped.

•••
If you’ve followed this thread the way I know - is that I have all the same domains listed at Afternic, Sedo, DomainAgents and Undeveloped.

I use my own landing pages.

About 1500 domains.

I sell like gang busters on all of these platforms except for Undeveloped. I get almost daily offers and weekly closed sales on all of these - except Undeveloped.

At Undeveloped finally recently I got a 10 Euro offer on a domain worth over 100x more than that. That is the only offer or inquiry I have received at Undeveloped.

what u say makes perfect sense.. gd receives by far the most views directly to their market domains... I too get most sales and offers from gd.. just from their market as I do not redirect to their lander.. which may be good idea though if u do not mind 20% fee.

afternic has less direct market views.. probably even not so many at all.. except if u set bins.. it gets spread all over their partners etc.. still that does not count as direct afternic market views.. which imo are not so many..

sedo gets probably somewhere between afternic and gd... though most people do not see much action on sedo.

flippa is also pretty low for most.

then there are all the others.. udneveloped.. abovecom... and other ones..

there is noithing abnormal about not getting offers directly from undeveloped market.. maybe one day it'll change.. I hope for them. but if you put your url to them for typein trafic.. then thats your only way to evaluate how well a sale lander works.. versus your own or others..

though in the end as we all know.. if buyer really wants a name,. just basic lander will suffice.. anywhere really.

p.s. so if your typein trafic goes to yoru own sale lander.. .as you say.. then who do you use for payment and escrow after? escrow.com???

•••
I thought this thread is about "Undeveloped Experience" not "Let's moan about the 9% fee" or "This marketplace is better than the other just because" ... Some people might be happy paying monthly at Efty, some other paying 20% at GD or coughing 30% at BB depending on their business model. Undeveloped IMHO is very responsive and the guys working there help you big time. Fast payment processing as well, probably the fastest in the industry and this is a big plus. For example I had a domain sold in monthly instalments and the buyer missed the payment deadline once, I just got in touch with Simon, he contacted the buyer, don't know what he told him but from then on the buyer always paid on time. This for me worth the 9% fee alone since Undeveloped spent their time and skills to make sure I receive the payment on time.

@Undeveloped , is there any way to turn off the "Make an Offer" thing at the bottom of the "Buy Now" box? Would be great if we would be able to turn that on or off per each domain. Yesterday I negotiated with a potential buyer via email, we pretty much agreed on price, then he went to the domain landing page, saw the "Make an Offer" option and made me a much lower offer (which I obviously rejected). He stopped replying to emails since then so just the fact that he saw the "Make an Offer" option was a deal breaker in this case.
This thread is about whatever discussion is going on related to undeveloped

•••
<<p.s. so if your typein trafic goes to yoru own sale lander.. .as you say.. then who do you use for payment and escrow after? escrow.com???>>

Yes, lately - escrow.com mostly, unless the buyer is willing to send me a PayPal "friends and family" payment, which some are willing, based on my reputation.

•••
@Undeveloped

I had my first sale a day ago with you.. just some offers before that.. and couple failed sales cause I accepted offer from buyer.. versus this offer being accepted by buyer.. which is always better sign.. for finalization etc..

so my question is.. I know some markets, when buyer does buynow or accepts offer from seller.. ask for immediate checkout/payment.. .is this also how you function ? or can they pay later after doing buynow or accepting offer? I think gd auctions is one such place where they need to pay imediately.. maybe some others too not sure..

and if this isn't how you do it.. then do you consider doing it this way, to increase odds of some sales getting paid actually?

also, once buyer makes payment, do you spend some days verifiying payment before you inform seller payment is made and tell him to begin transfer? if so, what is that delay

ty

•••
Hi, question:

We are an EU based company. Our individual company name is a registered trade mark (registered in June 2018). The Domain with the exact name expired a few days ago and someone grabbed it and sent us an email if we want to buy it for a certain price. We said yes and now it is being offered on undeveloper for almost the 6x of the price. The trademark was registered by our law company. Before we involve our law company I wanted to ask if there is another way - maybe with the help of Reza - to find a solution on this. Thanks

Hi KMD,

Did you contact our support? If you send me a personal message via this forum I can also review the case and see if there's anything we can do.

Kind regards,

Reza

•••

upload_2018-10-1_10-21-47.png

Has it been 3 months again? I think you're a bit earlier than usual. It's time to give XYNames an update again.

Like the growth trend you're seeing? The total observed above is by the way not accurate. The real number is significantly higher.

•••
@Undeveloped

I had my first sale a day ago with you.. just some offers before that.. and couple failed sales cause I accepted offer from buyer.. versus this offer being accepted by buyer.. which is always better sign.. for finalization etc..

so my question is.. I know some markets, when buyer does buynow or accepts offer from seller.. ask for immediate checkout/payment.. .is this also how you function ? or can they pay later after doing buynow or accepting offer? I think gd auctions is one such place where they need to pay imediately.. maybe some others too not sure..

and if this isn't how you do it.. then do you consider doing it this way, to increase odds of some sales getting paid actually?

also, once buyer makes payment, do you spend some days verifiying payment before you inform seller payment is made and tell him to begin transfer? if so, what is that delay

ty

Hi Alcy,

The buyer is prompted to pay immediately and receives daily payment reminders. Our guys also call your buyers to assist them with paying. There are quite some reasons why a buyer won't pay. Our personal and well-optimized approach helps to secure all legit purchases.

Kind regards,

Reza

•••
I think for 9% Undeveloped just lets you use their landing pages and payment processing service. No broker help.

So I suppose that means that on all such Undeveloped transactions seller must pay all fees? Or is there a way for buyer to pay some of that 9%? (the payment processing portion).

Are there extra fees beyond the 9% that buyer must pay? Such as if he pays with credit card?

Stop spreading false information. Undeveloped's commission was lowered to 9% from 15% a couple of months ago to celebrate our DAN (Domain Automation Network) initiative.

We never charge any other additional fees. So no additional pay-out fees, we charge no minimum fee, no bank wire fees (we pay 50% of the fees charged by our banks and 50% is to be paid by the seller (average $9)), no Paypal payout fees (Undeveloped pays 2% extra commission to Paypal to perform mass-payouts or we send a personal payment where Undeveloped again takes care of the Paypal payout fees).

And we offer the above, not by trimming our escrow service or by only accepting low-cost bank wires, for example. We offer almost all payment processing methods in the world to ensure your buyers can pay easily and smoothly with their popular local option. All these payment processing methods charge a variable commission and that's also covered in the 9% commission.

Name me 1 competitor of ours that has the above Pro Sellers policy and I'll send you a nice bottle of wine or cake :).

Kind regards,

Reza

•••
Just completed my first sale through Undeveloped and super impressed with the smoothness and speed of the transaction. Will be moving more of my names there very soon (y)

Welcome on board Will!

what makes undeveloped better than efty? explain please

Undeveloped & Efty are not competitors. I have great respect for what Doron and Lionel have accomplished and we're in touch but we don't see each other as direct competitors.

Our direct competitors are Godaddy (Afternic), Sedo and somewhat Uniregistry.

could you explain us how works this option exactly ?
When i revoke my counter, could i make a new one or accept the previous buyer offer ?

Hi David,

When you send a counter offer you can now revoke it and send a new counter. You can't accept the initial offer of the buyer because that offer is canceled the moment you counter the offer. You can revoke your own counter and submit the initial offer for the buyer to consider.

Really love the platform (especially the clear UI, landing pages, installment plans, fast support), but any plans on adding a small provision to your Terms of Service to protect your SELLERS?

For example, look at what SEDO has in the default sales agreement between buyers and sellers every time there is a sale:

"The BUYER understands and agrees that it is their sole responsibility and duty to perform all necessary due diligence before entering into this agreement to buy the Purchase Object, including research of fitness for particular intended uses, trademark clearance, or anything that could inhibit their future use and enjoyment of the Purchase Object."

Unfortunately I haven't found anything like that in Undeveloped's Terms of Service. In your TOS the burden seems to fall almost entirely on the seller. It seems like a reasonable provision to put some responsibility on buyers too, especially considering trademark/intellectual property law is not black and white and varies all around the world and also depends on how the BUYER ultimately "uses" the domain. It's probably something most sellers don't even consider but I bet they'd appreciate it if they understood the potential consequences.

Just a suggestion since I really like the platform and hope to continue using it for a long time!

Hi Springs,

We have very far-reaching seller protection in place. The example you mention is also included in our TOS:

--------------------------------------------
Article 6:

Bids or Offers

6.1 Every bid or offer the User places on a domain name which is placed on the Website is legally binding. A bid cannot be revoked. If this offer is accepted by the Provider, the User is obliged to cooperate in the transfer of the domain name. The provisions of Article 4.5 are explicitly applicable.

6.2 The Clients must themselves investigate the domain name that it offers or to which it intends to make an offer. The Contractor has no knowledge of the contents of any websites to which the domain name refers.

--------------------------------------------

Also please note that we offer a very extensive seller protection program where you the seller is 100% protected against chargebacks and other issues that can raise post-transaction.

•••
Hi KMD,

Did you contact our support? If you send me a personal message via this forum I can also review the case and see if there's anything we can do.

Kind regards,

Reza
Hi Reza

Yes I sent you a pm.

•••
So it’s 9% for a brokered sale at Undeveloped where they get on the phone and work the buyer like they do at Afternic? Including that Undeveloped processes the payments?

Or is it 15% for brokered sales at Undeveloped?

Stop spreading false information. Undeveloped's commission was lowered to 9% from 15% a couple of months ago to celebrate our DAN (Domain Automation Network) initiative.

We never charge any other additional fees. So no additional pay-out fees, we charge no minimum fee, no bank wire fees (we pay 50% of the fees charged by our banks and 50% is to be paid by the seller (average $9)), no Paypal payout fees (Undeveloped pays 2% extra commission to Paypal to perform mass-payouts or we send a personal payment where Undeveloped again takes care of the Paypal payout fees).

And we offer the above, not by trimming our escrow service or by only accepting low-cost bank wires, for example. We offer almost all payment processing methods in the world to ensure your buyers can pay easily and smoothly with their popular local option. All these payment processing methods charge a variable commission and that's also covered in the 9% commission.

Name me 1 competitor of ours that has the above Pro Sellers policy and I'll send you a nice bottle of wine or cake :).

Kind regards,

Reza

You wrote a lot but said nothing different from what I said.

Does Undeveloped do any brokering for this 9% or it’s just a 9% fee payment processor?

Is there a way to have buyer pay some of the 9% fees or is the only option having seller pay everything?

•••
Was this Euro conversion always showing underneath the USD price for US-based visitors?

If I'm not mistaken, it's new, and I'm wondering what the purpose of showing it in the US is.

euro.png

•••
Shows CAD under USD in Canada, a feature i really like that as i deal in .ca
Always has shown USD over CAD but valid question Nat
I am new to UD so like to learn this stuff

•••
Was this Euro conversion always showing underneath the USD price for US-based visitors?

If I'm not mistaken, it's new, and I'm wondering what the purpose of showing it in the US is.

Show attachment 98990

Did you use a proxy or VPN? You're only seeing the EUR equivalent because our IP Database indicates you're not based in the US and are based in the EU.

Last edited:
•••
•••
Is the site down for anybody else? Keeps giving me an error message.

•••
Last edited:
•••
•••
•••
Status
Not open for further replies.
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back