Dynadot

Undeveloped.com Experience

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Status
Not open for further replies.
Has anyone used undeveloped.com to sell domains? They claim to be able to increase a domainers sales by 54%.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
I think most of us would rather self broker and pay the 9% than pay the GoDaddy Monster a lot more. 🙄 and not have to deal with problematic Escrow.com.

Pretty sure you only pay additional fees if their is a payment plan in place. Whoever wrote the article needs to correct it.

•••
I would rather pay 9% and close deals than go with an option that yields 0 sales for $135.

Quite a few people like myself have no idea about landing pages and Undeveloped puts the work brilliantly.

•••
No but you pay far more in the long run by paying commissions. No commissions at efty
which escrow and/or type of payment do you accept ?

•••
•••
I thought this thread is about "Undeveloped Experience" not "Let's moan about the 9% fee" or "This marketplace is better than the other just because" ... Some people might be happy paying monthly at Efty, some other paying 20% at GD or coughing 30% at BB depending on their business model. Undeveloped IMHO is very responsive and the guys working there help you big time. Fast payment processing as well, probably the fastest in the industry and this is a big plus. For example I had a domain sold in monthly instalments and the buyer missed the payment deadline once, I just got in touch with Simon, he contacted the buyer, don't know what he told him but from then on the buyer always paid on time. This for me worth the 9% fee alone since Undeveloped spent their time and skills to make sure I receive the payment on time.

@Undeveloped , is there any way to turn off the "Make an Offer" thing at the bottom of the "Buy Now" box? Would be great if we would be able to turn that on or off per each domain. Yesterday I negotiated with a potential buyer via email, we pretty much agreed on price, then he went to the domain landing page, saw the "Make an Offer" option and made me a much lower offer (which I obviously rejected). He stopped replying to emails since then so just the fact that he saw the "Make an Offer" option was a deal breaker in this case.

•••
is there any way to turn off the "Make an Offer" thing at the bottom of the "Buy Now" box?
Just put same price for BIN and Minimum offer

•••
•••
Tough pill to swallow paying 15% commission on each sale vs only $15-$30/mth. For the savings, I'm leaning towards staying with efty.

So far this year at efty I sold $42,789 and paid $135 in efty subscription. If I had paid 15% commission on that it would have cost me $6,418
Sorry where did you see 15%? Undeveloped charges 9% and 5% if you imported your lead

•••
Sorry where did you see 15%? Undeveloped charges 9% and 5% if you imported your lead
Instead of reading the information on the site in question itself some prefer to rely on 2+ year old posts on third-party sites.

•••
Instead of reading the information on the site in question itself some prefer to rely on 2+ year old posts on third-party sites.

I think thye charged 15% at undelveoped before

now its 9%

•••
I think thye charged 15% at undelveoped before

now its 9%
I know, that was my point. As a relative newbie I heard the 15% before too but a look on the site showed this wasn't the case. It's always better to go to the source.

•••
sorry for confusion folks
but when I import leads from other sites.. do I enter the offer they made to me elsewhere.. or do I enter my own initial desired price?

I read somewhere that after I import lead an email is sent to buyer.. so I presume either one of above options could be valid for that email.. in a sense.

ie... buyer becomes reminded of his original offer.. or buyer is presented with my asking price/offer..

ty

•••
Speaking of Efty, Doron one of the founders has some names on Undeveloped. I list mine at both but point to one. Nothing wrong with using both and having more potential eyes on your names.

•••
Efty and Undeveloped are different platforms, you can't fully compare them except the landing page feature which is very subjective.
Everyone have their own way of doing this business, but I like the idea of having everything under one roof when buyer come thru landing page. And the most important thing is that buyer have all pre-sale answers on Undeveloped, they can research if they are safe to use, they can contact them, negotiate, buy directly etc.
In my opinion probability of finalizing the sale must be higher when things are simple from buyer's perspective.

•••
Wow. So all these people are paying Undeveloped 15% just to use their landing pages and escrow?

To quote Dustin Hoffman in Papillon, “That sounds kind of...desperate.”

cKITfgCm.jpg

From these two articles:
https://domainnamewire.com/2016/02/29/49287/
"Like most of its competitors, Undeveloped charges a 15% commission on sales, including escrow fees."
https://bitcoinexchangeguide.com/undeveloped/

What, so all you guys are using it and don't even know what you are paying?

Why would I pay even 9% just to use someone's landing page? who doesn't even broker the sale that's astonishing. But it sounds like if you use their landing page you must use their escrow too which is why the article states that "Undeveloped charges a 15% commission on sales, including escrow fees."

its 9% at undeveloped... not 15%

everyone filling someone else's pocket when they sell domains.. that includes you.. the onyl question is.. will you be paying 9% to undeveloped.. 20% gd/afternic.. 30% bb... or to sedo.. or to flippa .. or epik... escrow.com.. or whatever else.. even if you wanna take all the risks and just accept direct paypal payments.. you still pay 4-5% fee... or if you pay efty.. you fill efty pockets...etc etc

Last edited:
•••
Hi, question:

We are an EU based company. Our individual company name is a registered trade mark (registered in June 2018). The Domain with the exact name expired a few days ago and someone grabbed it and sent us an email if we want to buy it for a certain price. We said yes and now it is being offered on undeveloper for almost the 6x of the price. The trademark was registered by our law company. Before we involve our law company I wanted to ask if there is another way - maybe with the help of Reza - to find a solution on this. Thanks

•••
its 9% at undeveloped... not 15%

everyone filling someone else's pocket when they sell domains.. that includes you.. the onyl question is.. will you be paying 9% to undeveloped.. 20% gd/afternic.. 30% bb... or to sedo.. or to flippa .. or epik... escrow.com.. or whatever else.. even if you wanna take all the risks and just accept direct paypal payments.. you still pay 4-5% fee... or if you pay efty.. you fill efty pockets...etc etc

It’s astonishing that you all use Undeveloped and don’t seem to know what they charge or for what. Just for example, is there a way for buyer to pay escrow fees?

According to this January 2018, article
https://onlinedomain.com/2018/01/02...ew-way-setup-brand-sale-domain-landing-pages/
it’s 15% for brokered deals, 9% for non-brokered.

Since you’re all arguing that Undeveloped does not charge 15%, then clearly not one of you has tried a brokered sale there to see how well they handle it or what they do.

As far as Afternic we have entire threads on what they do for their 20%
https://www.namepros.com/threads/wh...eir-20-commission.1025273/page-2#post-6874467

Last edited:
•••
It’s astonishing that you all use Undeveloped and don’t seem to know what they charge or for what.

According to this January 2018, article
https://onlinedomain.com/2018/01/02...ew-way-setup-brand-sale-domain-landing-pages/
it’s 15% for brokered deals, 9% for non-brokered.

Since you’re all arguing that Undeveloped does not charge 15%, then clearly not one of you has tried a brokered sale there to see how well they handle it or what they do.

As far as Afternic we have entire threads on what they do for their 20%
https://www.namepros.com/threads/wh...eir-20-commission.1025273/page-2#post-6874467

they do what undev does only less efficiently

its 9% now... they confirmed here.....i guess jan articles are just...outdated ;]

•••
So it’s 9% for a brokered sale at Undeveloped where they get on the phone and work the buyer like they do at Afternic? Including that Undeveloped processes the payments?

Or is it 15% for brokered sales at Undeveloped?

Last edited:
•••
So it’s 9% for a brokered sale at Undeveloped? Including that they process payments?

Or is it 15% for brokered sales at Undeveloped?

they don't have a setting for broker yoursef or use their broker.. not sure if they had one before

now everything is just 9% fee.. if you get the lead through their site.. no matter if you negotiate yourelf.. or ask for their assistance... they basically do not make the distinction between that..

as some sites do.. like above..com which has a setting that says broker yourself 10%.. or use their broker for 15%

you can ask @Undeveloped to get final confirmation of what I just said.. always best hear it from owners.

but this has been confirmed already by several members here.. as well as by their team too I think... few pages back.

I basically thought it was 15% when I started use them recently.. but was quickly corrected on this thread.. I guess you can say they are one of the few.. if not the only one.. company that actually decided to lower their fee in time.. versus making it higher like most others

cheers

Last edited:
•••
I think for 9% Undeveloped just lets you use their landing pages and payment processing service. No broker help.

So I suppose that means that on all such Undeveloped transactions seller must pay all fees? Or is there a way for buyer to pay some of that 9%? (the payment processing portion).

Are there extra fees beyond the 9% that buyer must pay? Such as if he pays with credit card?

Last edited:
•••
No but you pay far more in the long run by paying commissions. No commissions at efty
Right but then where you handle the transaction at efty? You or the buyer will pay. I tried efty and it lacks two things I wanted. Ability to add pages and also have some control over the SEO of the website. I paid for one year and tried it, so those things are crucial. I see efty as any other lander and if anyone buys a name of yours then they landed on it.

•••
I see efty as any other lander and if anyone buys a name of yours then they landed on it.

The only way anyone will land on your Undeveloped domain is directly via your URL too. We’ve had this discussion before almost no one is searching the Undeveloped database for names - such traffic is practically nonexistent.

Last edited:
•••
The only way anyone will land on your Undeveloped domain is directly via your URL too. We’ve had this discussion before almost no one is searching the Undeveloped database for names - such traffic is practically nonexistent.
nameservers could bring them direct traffic.

•••
Status
Not open for further replies.
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back