IT.COM

Undeveloped.com Experience

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Status
Not open for further replies.
Has anyone used undeveloped.com to sell domains? They claim to be able to increase a domainers sales by 54%.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
No sane man will send 6 messages in 2 minutes. That's a bug on your system. It is better you correct that. Go back and check and why the same message is repeated 6 times in 2 minutes

You seem a tad aggravated. If you want to organize a call to give me full context, feel free to ping me. I'm always ready to hear constructive feedback.

•••
You guys need to be 24/7 and have support every day as i find this all delays payments.

I find it good but there are many issues that need sorting

•••
You guys need to be 24/7 and have support every day as i find this all delays payments.

I find it good but there are many issues that need sorting

At Undeveloped 100% of our revenue is re-invested in the product and service and we don't plan to change that anytime soon. We're heavily subsidizing growth and product development over generating profits. Our track record backs this up as we're constantly growing, evolving and improving.

Two months ago, for example, we already hired a new team member (James) to offer weekend support. In the not so distant future (potentially in 2018) we're planning to open our first US office to cover all time zones. So improvements on that level are on our radar and are being implemented.

I'm proud of the service level that our team is delivering as the youngest and fastest growing domain marketplace in our industry. Undeveloped's team is extremely hard working and everyone is making sacrifices because we believe strongly in our vision and disruption roadmap.

It's imprinted in the DNA of Undeveloped to always stay hungry and adopt a so-called beginners mind to our product and service. We keep challenging our processes and wherever we find room for improvement we act on it and implement it.

So be rest assured that we'll remain on top of things and will always keep challenging ourselves but also our industry to do better.

Hope that clarifies our point of view.

Kind regards,

Reza

Last edited:
•••
Quick update:

The heavily requested revoke counter offer feature just went live.

We wouldn't advise to over-use this feature as it can hurt your sales to revoke counter offers too often.

Kind regards,

Reza

•••
Quick update:

We wouldn't advise to over-use this feature as it can hurt your sales to revoke counter offers too often.

Kind regards,

Reza

Great it will be good to have this now.

•••
Quick update:

Kind regards,

Reza
could you explain us how works this option exactly ?
When i revoke my counter, could i make a new one or accept the previous buyer offer ?

•••
Quick update:

Kind regards,

Reza
Nice one!

•••
Just completed my first sale through Undeveloped and super impressed with the smoothness and speed of the transaction. Will be moving more of my names there very soon (y)

•••
Really love the platform (especially the clear UI, landing pages, installment plans, fast support), but any plans on adding a small provision to your Terms of Service to protect your SELLERS?

For example, look at what SEDO has in the default sales agreement between buyers and sellers every time there is a sale:

"The BUYER understands and agrees that it is their sole responsibility and duty to perform all necessary due diligence before entering into this agreement to buy the Purchase Object, including research of fitness for particular intended uses, trademark clearance, or anything that could inhibit their future use and enjoyment of the Purchase Object."

Unfortunately I haven't found anything like that in Undeveloped's Terms of Service. In your TOS the burden seems to fall almost entirely on the seller. It seems like a reasonable provision to put some responsibility on buyers too, especially considering trademark/intellectual property law is not black and white and varies all around the world and also depends on how the BUYER ultimately "uses" the domain. It's probably something most sellers don't even consider but I bet they'd appreciate it if they understood the potential consequences.

Just a suggestion since I really like the platform and hope to continue using it for a long time!

•••
what makes undeveloped better than efty? explain please

•••
Cleaner, beautiful and simple landing page, smooth escrow service, immediate (same day) release of fund. Others can add more

•••
Cleaner, beautiful and simple landing page, smooth escrow service, immediate (same day) release of fund. Others can add more
No monthly fees too.

•••
id say they both have clean beautiful landing pages, integrating escrow.com with efty offers the same benefits.

Im just trying to decide if I should continue to save money on commission using efty, I don't think there would be more conversions by switching to undeveloped.

•••
•••
id say they both have clean beautiful landing pages, integrating escrow.com with efty offers the same benefits.

Im just trying to decide if I should continue to save money on commission using efty, I don't think there would be more conversions by switching to undeveloped.
If deal is about to go wrong which is normal in this business, undeveloped can step in to put things straight. Free brokerage service... imo

•••
If deal is about to go wrong which is normal in this business, undeveloped can step in to put things straight. Free brokerage service... imo
I am a broker, so I can handle that kind of thing myself.

•••
I am a broker, so I can handle that kind of thing myself.
Well.. In terms of escrow service, undeveloped escrow service is mile ahead. You just can't compare it to the rubbish escrow.com deliver. What about that?

•••

I broker names as well and have been paid efty member so I guess I'm well suited to answer this.

I don't know why but end users appear to be far more comfortable with Undeveloped pages.

I do heavy outbounds on all sort of names and used to have them parked with efty, not a single one clicked on buy now or made an offer through efty

2 months forward i moved some names to Undeveloped, followed the same process as with efty ones. I have closed 2 sales for names still within 60 day lock, one simply clicked on buy now and other made an offer on page after reading email, I got another offer from outbound which didn't convert

But I believe, adding Undeveloped brings confidence to the deal, I really don't know why end users prefer these pages over efty but if I were to take a bet it would be cleaner and faster pages with far more clear instructions.

I still use efty as a portfolio management tool and I hope @Undeveloped brings in that sort of dashboard to see renewals coming up and an overview of portfolio.

9% commission is reasonable and I can totally see myself closing a lot more deals with them compared to efty pages.

•••
@Undeveloped

When will we be able to send multiple counter offers or have the ability to accept prior offers were countered??? This is killing deals imo and sellers are the ones losing. We should be in full control

As far as “have the ability to accept prior offers” that you countered and did not accept, NEVER.

This is as a simple matter of law - nothing to do with Undeveloped. When an offer is made only a perfect tender (exact acceptance of the exact offer and terms) creates an enforceable contract (deal). Any counteroffer extinguishes the validity of the original offer.

•••
Tough pill to swallow paying 15% commission on each sale vs only $15-$30/mth. For the savings, I'm leaning towards staying with efty.

So far this year at efty I sold $42,789 and paid $135 in efty subscription. If I had paid 15% commission on that it would have cost me $6,418

•••
Undeveloped charges 15% just to use their landing pages or do their brokers negotiate the deal for you, including by immediately getting on the phone with the buyer the way Afternic brokers do?

•••
Undeveloped: landing pages, brokering, escrow, prompt payments, etc etc = peace of mind
Efty - landing pages (paid plan)

I'm really interested in what makes Efty better than Undeveloped to you, please?

Undeveloped commision is 9% not 15%
or even 5% if you use just their escrow

Last edited:
•••
Undeveloped charges 15% just to use their landing pages or do their brokers negotiate the deal for you, including by immediately getting on the phone with the buyer the way Afternic brokers do?
You negotiate the deal yourself and they just handle the payment (escrow). If a buyer is not paying or late paying, they will step in and assist.

•••
Wow. So all these people are paying Undeveloped 15% just to use their landing pages and escrow?

To quote Dustin Hoffman in Papillon, “That sounds kind of...desperate.”

cKITfgCm.jpg

From these two articles:
https://domainnamewire.com/2016/02/29/49287/
"Like most of its competitors, Undeveloped charges a 15% commission on sales, including escrow fees."
https://bitcoinexchangeguide.com/undeveloped/

Undeveloped commision is 9% not 15%
or even 5% if you use just their escrow

Last I checked it’s 9% if inbound through their lander page and 5% if you bring your own lead/buyer and use their escrow/payment system to conclude payment/deal.

What, so all you guys are using it and don't even know what you are paying?

Why would I pay even 9% just to use someone's landing page? who doesn't even broker the sale that's astonishing. But it sounds like if you use their landing page you must use their escrow too which is why the article states that "Undeveloped charges a 15% commission on sales, including escrow fees."

Last edited:
•••
Last I checked it’s 9% if inbound through their lander page and 5% if you bring your own lead/buyer and use their escrow/payment system to conclude payment/deal.

•••
Status
Not open for further replies.
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back