NameSilo

.info Two character .info

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

vac

Established Member
Impact
I tried to register two character .info.
As a result I have message saying that I'm trying to register invalid name.

Please let me know if you have an answer.

Thanks

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
ICANN does not allow 2 letter or 2 character .info to be registered by any individual. The minimum is 3 char or 3 letter. Hope this helps. :)

•••
That’s what I thought.
How can you explain two letter names posted for sale?

Thanks

•••
vac said:
That’s what I thought.
How can you explain two letter names posted for sale?

Thanks
Please give us some examples.

Agree with MissFlorainfo, as info domain length should be >=3.

•••
The 2 letter names for sale are mostly .com/.net/.org. You can NEVER get a 2 letter/2 char .info. You cannot even register anymore 2 letter/2 char .com/.net/.org, you can only buy them from the domain owners. Once they (domains) expire, they're gone for good. That's why they are worth alot of $$$$$.

•••
I'm using software to generate names. I see two letterr .info available a lot. I never thought why you can't register one.

Thanks for your time

•••
Two character .info and .us domains were never available. Two character .ORG's retire on expiration.

•••
Two character .ORG's retire on expiration.
And if I am not mistaken, .com's and .net's too.

•••
•••
How do you explain this?
http://www.oj.com

Two letters .com

BTW. this oj site is so baddddddd

•••
freak said:
And if I am not mistaken, .com's and .net's too.

I thought that too, until a couple showed up on a drop service last year.

As for two letter infos or others being for sale, I've seen where some registrar's software isn't smart enough to detect the registry reserved domains and will incorrectly give a confirmtion that it's available. Sometimes it will even charge the customer and send a positive confirmation only to be retracted a couple days later by tech support. Very often, newbies will do this and immediately post for sale ads here or in ebay before they know of their false hope.

Two letters:
.com/net - Some in use and a few have been dropped & picked up. (there are also a couple single letter .com in use as well such as x.com)
.org - some exist unil expired. If expire, they retire forever.
.info/.biz/.us - Never available
ccTLD's - some ccTLD's do have two letters available. the Belize .bz comes to mind here.

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back