Dynadot

TV or not TV

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
Hello All,

Just looked at Great Domains, who had 258 .tv names listed. As you would imagine, many super priced.
Is it my imagination, or is the .tv neglected by our members?
I certainly dont recall seeing it mentioned too often.
Any info about .tv's would be appreciated.
Thankyou,
charbar.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
To be honest unless your website has something to do with tv it's basically a bad investment to buy one. Even if you do have a TV show or something like that you must have the money to buy a good .com. They are also pretty expensive like I just looked at the www.tv registration site. sgfgfgsgdgdsgsdg.tv costs $50 per year.

•••
Thinking of a poker site name. (noticed a few on great domains)
Do people use .tv to register at all times?
Sorry, didn't understand the sgf etc.. sentence.

•••
charbar said:
Thinking of a poker site name. (noticed a few on great domains)
Do people use .tv to register at all times?
Sorry, didn't understand the sgf etc.. sentence.

Hehe, he only pointed out that it costs $50 a year,.
I've never reg'ed a .tv domain and i guess i never will, hehe. Unless theres a BIG change in the market. I only buy com/net and co.uk's.

Andy

•••
Go to Great Domains Andy - check out their .tv's (and prices)! - you may have a rethink!

charbar.

•••
charbar said:
Go to Great Domains Andy - check out their .tv's (and prices)! - you may have a rethink!

charbar.

Its pretty strange yeah, but its prolly just valueable in their eyes, certainly aint in mine :0. Atleast not "trips.tv $250,000 ". Thats just dumb!

Maybe someone else here knows abit more than me when it comes to the .tv ext. But as far as i know, only lame tv chan's use such extensions, hehe. If i ran a huge tv company i would stick to my contry's ext for sure, like the hugest tv station in norway = tv2.no .. not tv2.tv .. that just looks and sounds stupid ;)

Well,. thats my opinion anyho. pretty lazy users here now at NP apperantly, i've been feeling the responses and such has gone way down the last week / days, I remember my first posts i got soo many replies i couldnt answer everyone, now i gotta *bump* them into the light :i.

Thanks,
Andy

•••
i think that is a TLD neglected .

don't forget that more and more tvs around the world are trying to find a way to broadcast live shows, sports and other type of entertaiment......

think at live soccer in europe for example.... broadcasting via internet

•••
Certainly, if someone paid 250 large for trips.tv, they would probably have to have been on one of their own!
However, the name must be commercial for Great Domains to list it!
Your point about "huge" t.v. companies using their country's extensions is certainly valid, but it must be remembered that unlike a few years ago, (certainly in England, anyway) T.V. programmes programmes are not soley the product of a few national franchisees that could monopolise veiwing.
With the ever increasing amount of cable channels available (many dedicated to a single subject,like sport or shopping) the days of the 30 second ad are limited to "household names".
Let's face it, many of these type of cable channels are one big ad, dominated by a few names.
The "shopaholic" say, is so spoiled for choice that they will greatly influenced by a good "tv" name.
Remember, a shopaholic doesn't shop for a specific item, but wants what ever you sell - starting with the name.
All IMHO of course!

Thanks for posting.
charbar.

•••
.TV is okay if you have deep pockets and are in the tv industry. I think speculation in the TLD is pretty risky. Some of the "premium" names are not only hundreds or thousands to register, but also cost that much to renew each year.

I'll stick with the gTLD's myself. never owned at .TV and at this point don't intend to.

•••
are the .tv's really that expensive to reg?
Why? - And why the discrepancy in prices?

charbar.

•••
flare644 said:
Hi i am new to this site what exactly do i do?

Lol didn't i see this post in another thread?

•••
I would highly recommend NOT buying .TV. If you have a site that is about TV, a better solution would be to register tv-chat.com instead of chat.tv. Saves you $40 a month, plus it is much easier to remember .com for those computer illiterate who have never heard of a .tv domain.

•••
DN Tycoon said:
Lol didn't i see this post in another thread?

In 20 others infact ;0

What a bastardo ;p

Andy

•••
I think a .com would be a better investment compared to a .tv

1). Easier to Remember
2). Saving you tons of money

•••
charbar said:
are the .tv's really that expensive to reg?
Why? - And why the discrepancy in prices?

charbar.

Most cost $50 per year. However they have some reserved as premium domains in which they are asking the following (these are annual reg fees, not purchase fees!):

news.tv - $1,000,000
weather.tv - $250,000
cable.tv - $100,000
advertising.tv - $10,000
dive.tv - $2,750
musician.tv - $500

Premium Names

•••
I have seen one......
MLB.TV
but if I have money...I still don't get a .TV domain....
ex. xx.TV need about $1000 or $10000 fee

•••
AdoptableDomains said:
Most cost $50 per year. However they have some reserved as premium domains in which they are asking the following (these are annual reg fees, not purchase fees!):

news.tv - $1,000,000
weather.tv - $250,000
cable.tv - $100,000
advertising.tv - $10,000
dive.tv - $2,750
musician.tv - $500

Premium Names

Thats just sick! hehe. Guess i'll never buy a .tv domain huh :0

Andy

•••
ApeXX said:
I would highly recommend NOT buying .TV. If you have a site that is about TV, a better solution would be to register tv-chat.com instead of chat.tv. Saves you $40 a month, plus it is much easier to remember .com for those computer illiterate who have never heard of a .tv domain.

Of course. simple and sensible!

•••
ApeXX said:

I can't agree more.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back