IT.COM

AN/GD insists on not showing the price despite..

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

topdom

Top Member
Impact
Listed domain at Afternic.
Set fixed price.
Used ns5/ns6 which was designed for showing price.
They changed rules without notice, and were not showing prices anymore !
We were told, we need to use something else/new to make sure prices become visible.
Seemed to work, but not always.
Maybe 5 figure asking price is still too cheap, and they can get more?
How would you interpret this.
And I will check later again of course, but so far, after so many refreshes , price is hidden,
not even a contact form is there, just a call number.
why is it so big deal to show prices.

(AN/GD enjoys not showing prices.
Epik enjoys splitting itself into different parts, and kill one of those parts. (but improving in some aspects)
Sedo enjoys giving our contact info to anyone. (any improvement?)
Dynadot is scared of TM owners and w i p o , for no reason.
Dan enjoys not showing landing pages quite often. (any improvement?))

Edit: that one was priced , eventually, after so many repetitions.
Another one, not listed publicly.
Listed privately (only I can see it), but not publicly. What would this possibly mean.

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
They changed rules without notice, and were not showing prices anymore !
The change was announced by Afternic on Apr 26, 2023. Check your email for this.

There's also a blog post on this.

1687694370044.png

Last edited:
•••
My preference: Default should be "Buy Now", and I should be able to decide when that rule expires. This way I can price all my domains without hesitation and sell lots of domains.

If they force "request price" to be default, then this means, they don't want people to see prices.
Also if there is price request, it should be sent to domain owner (or lister) automatically, without any
action by an agent. Otherwise agents can do whatever, ignore, manipulate leads: lose-lose-lose game for sellers.

•••
I’m not sure how the default lander is decided. They should have an account setting so we can pick a default lander page.

At least they offer an option in the BETA domain manager that allows you to update the lander page in bulk. I think you can change up to 1,000 domains at a time.

•••
I’m not sure how the default lander is decided. They should have an account setting so we can pick a default lander page.

At least they offer an option in the BETA domain manager that allows you to update the lander page in bulk. I think you can change up to 1,000 domains at a time.

We appreciate the feedback that we've received about this, and we've taken that feedback on board. Soon, we will release an option for sellers to set a default sale lander at Afternic. We'll add a post to Afternic's official thread when it has been rolled out!

•••
Used ns5/ns6 which was designed for showing price.
I did not receive an email notice of the fixed price not showing so I was surprised to see a simple 'contact us' form rather than a buy now button...well over half of my domain sales come from a fixed price...impulse buyers are necessary to survive.

When I realized the fixed price was not showing, I moved the names to another marketplace. Hopefully the roll out, mentioned in the post above this one, will happen soon.

Last edited:
•••
Hi

what OP is talking about is,
if you have a BIN price on your domain and use afternic lander, then it doesn't show the price. it only has a form to make contact with seller.

i see that as a deterrent to those 'spur of the moment" buyers.

however, if you search the same name on godaddy, then price will be shown.

they could just use that godaddy page to save time and effort.

imo....
Hi

we spoke on this same issue not long ago

imo....

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back