Dynadot

Trouble with regged domain names being offered on auction

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

ArabExplorer

Established Member
Impact
Ok, so we keep having trouble with domains that we hand regged after they expired.
The problem is that we have noticed that several websites have them on auction while they are in our portfolio after we succesfully regged them.
What can be done against this?
We fear that the domain names will be taken out of our account without our permission as soon as someone hits the Buy it now button. Is this possible?
Over 7 of our domain names are currently on sale at Uniregistry and Godaddy. I guess these are being put on sale by previous owners who don't keep in mind that they lost their domains?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
They probably know they let their names expire but can't be bothered to remove them. They won't be taken from your account if they sell so don't panic. Send an email or support ticket to the auction site asking them to take them down and then you can add them yourself.

•••
They probably know they let their names expire but can't be bothered to remove them. They won't be taken from your account if they sell so don't panic. Send an email or support ticket to the auction site asking them to take them down and then you can add them yourself.

Thank you for the reply, I really appreciate it.
We do not currently want to add those on sale ourselves, the problem also is that we can't send an email or a support ticket each time one of the domains appears in an auction somewhere, as we can't constantly check the entire list. It was more about our fear that they would get taken from our account, but if that can't happen, then all is fine.
Thank you once again!

•••
Well 5 of my domains just reg 1 week ago I wanted to upload to afternic portfolio and it says they are already listed! I contacted 5 days ago to afternic to help me to put them out... did you reply to you? Exactly, me neither...

•••
Well 5 of my domains just reg 1 week ago I wanted to upload to afternic portfolio and it says they are already listed! I contacted 5 days ago to afternic to help me to put them out... did you reply to you? Exactly, me neither...

Tried in the past, never received an answer from Afternic

•••
I got a reply and resolved within a day with Afternic. Sounds like luck of the draw with them.

•••
did you reply to you?
Afternic has always replied to my request for them to remove domains that I just registered and could not upload to them because they are already there under someone else's account. Sometimes it does take them a few days. They have to verify that they are regged to you and not still with the account where they are currently listed. Only once did I have to make a second request.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back