IT.COM

"Tricky myvaluehost.com", or "OpenSRS and 2 dashes"

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

vip-ip

Account Closed
Impact
Pursuing 2 punycode domain names, I registered 2 domains with two dashes, .com and .net. Within 24 hours I didn't get a confirmation e-mail, so I contacted the support team:

Almost 24 hours have passed, but
https://******.*************.com/******.cgi can't log me in with this
info. Contacting support as suggested, please do something about this.

Next day I got a reply:

Hello,
Thank you for your email. Unfortunately having 2 "-" symbols next to one another is not a valid domain name registration format.
Both domain names are available with 1 "-". Please let us know if you would like to register those instead. Have a great day!

So, I told them to refund me. They refunded me on the .com name. But what about .net? So I e-mailed the support team again:

I have the same trouble with ********.net. That's why I asked to
refund me on both domains.

And what do you think?.. They REGISTERED IT!

My e-mail:

I recently contacted you regarding Ref: ********.com
You refunded my money because you said:

sMc> Thank you for your email. Unfortunately having 2 "-"
sMc> symbols next to one another is not a valid domain name
sMc> registration format.

Why is that? If you can register a domain with 2 dashes .net, why not
with .com?

They responded:

We had to trick opensrs in order to register the domain name for you. If you would like we can attempt to do the same thing for the .com domain. Please let us know how you would like for us to handle this. Thank you and have a great night

Wow... tricky myvaluehost!

I have been able to register ********.com for you. Please let us know if there is anything else that we can help you with. Thank you and have a great night!

But the login info I got at first wasn't working, so I e-mailed for the new login and password, and got it within half an hour.

Very professional ;)

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back