NameSilo

Travel.Agency sold for $9,999

Spaceship
Watch

MisterSoft.com

Account Closed (Disallowed)
Impact
Congratulations to Ali Zandi on his sale :)
What do you think about this sale?
Please share your your views :)

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I actually expected it to sell for a more, still a good flip though. 100% ROI.... 10 points to Ali

•••
Be careful of Premium domain names. I too tasted the bitterness of the so called "premium" domain name. Someone bought The.Couch for $ 1,000 Premium price and the renewal charge is also $ 1,000 per year. He sold someone during the year for a loss. The the second buyer sold it to me for $ 65. I bought it in only three months ago, I noticed that the renewal charge is $ 1,000, you know what? I sold it for just ONE DOLLAR in a Ebay auction this month early.
That buyer Was trying to sell it on namepros without disclosing the renewal

https://www.namepros.com/threads/the-coach-a-n-y-offer-is-ok.923348/

•••
When it comes to renewals, you don't need to waste your time checking them on .com, they are all fixed per exchange. You can do whatever you please.
I don't see it as time wasting when I check before what I have to pay - equal how the regular conditions are (even they can change).
And, even if I would check it three times, I will not see it as time wasting.

•••
I don't see it as time wasting when I check before what I have to pay - equal how the regular conditions are (even they can change).
And, even if I would check it three times, I will not see it as time wasting.
Better be safe than sorry :)

•••
There is already a 16+ page promotional thread that's been active for quite a while on this subject, including the results.

•••
•••
My prediction was that it would go for 8.5K, so I was off a bit. Congrats to Ali Zandi for making a quick return on his investment.

Wherever anyone stands on the new gtlds, for or against them, I would not read too much into this sale. We are are a few years away from seeing how this all pans out.

•••
I am not a follower of mostly of the new extensions maybe except .club. Some years ago i bet on .mobi and failed, leave them all without any sale. Now i just buy and register TLDs mainly .com, .net, .org and even .info (the lesse expensive but very interesting to develop websites for reporting and news. I have some travels..... domains but for the moment i can´t reveal those names. Not for sale anyway. Congratulations for the winner of travel.agency. I worked as a travel agent during years but i would prefer something more specific like travelsNyc or travelsIndia just to give two examples (sadly are not mine).

•••
•••
•••
Think of all the good names this guy could have bought for $10k. :)

•••
Probably the top keyword for this TLD. And I would have never expected it to sell for that much.

•••
:xf.confused:

No disrespect intended to anyone involved, but that seems low for this premium new gTLD.

It would have sold for 2-3x as much at that crazy NamesCon Live Auction. O_o
I think live auctions (like Namescon and HA) are a bit different than online auctions. Prices tend to get a little overinflated in live auctions.

•••
$15 to $24 renewals every year for who knows how long before it will be sold, and must be sold for more than 10k to make it worthwhile.

I would rather spend the $ on some good dot coms instead.
I think the renewal fee for travel.agency was pretty close to $500 per year! Please correct me if misquote the renewal fee. Yes, Ali Zandi did the right thing :)

•••
I don't know if this was a day 2 EAP which would be $3,xxx

plus 3 years renewals $1500

so looks like a double

•••
I think if this was a direct registry submission via a domain conference or "special" auction it would have been 5 times this price.

Nevertheless a good return.

Currently giving Flippa a try with premium 2 letter, extension matching name.

•••
I think if this was a direct registry submission via a domain conference or "special" auction it would have been 5 times this price.

Nevertheless a good return.

Currently giving Flippa a try with premium 2 letter, extension matching name.
The .com is sitting dormant, that is a huge indicator, someone needs a clear plan to throw $50K down, and sit on it. Do you know how hard it is to monetize a GTLD travel site, you need large volumes of traffic to get a 4% affiliate revenue share on bookings. At $10K someone has some wiggle room, if it was a .com you could probably see that 5X valuation, but you have to discount the $500 renewal fee, as it has a cost associated with it.

•••
The .com is sitting dormant, that is a huge indicator, someone needs a clear plan to throw $50K down, and sit on it. Do you know how hard it is to monetize a GTLD travel site, you need large volumes of traffic to get a 4% affiliate revenue share on bookings. At $10K someone has some wiggle room, if it was a .com you could probably see that 5X valuation, but you have to discount the $500 renewal fee, as it has a cost associated with it.

I am simply saying direct registry gtld submissions at special "venues" go for much higher amounts for "premium" names, for whatever reason that may be.

That has been shown over and over again, as mentioned, Namescon was a prime example.

•••
Probably the top keyword for this TLD. And I would have never expected it to sell for that much.
Just the right combination :)

•••
Electric.Guitars from the list up above is the best value New Gtld I have seen

•••
:xf.confused:

No disrespect intended to anyone involved, but that seems low for this premium new gTLD.

It would have sold for 2-3x as much at that crazy NamesCon Live Auction. O_o
The renewal would have been a big detractor, did not see it mentioned in the initial listing, someone asked about the renewal via comments, strange to say Ali dod offer to add another year of reg if it exceeded the five figure mark, basically one dollar more would have gained another year's reg ......so be it I guess

•••
The average domainer would not have the level of marketing that this domain had behind it.

It has it's own thread at namepros which has like double digit pages in it's thread, featured status, and top of domaining.com, so it had a higher level of marketing, on top of that being a 30 day auction.

I think The.Agency is the best name in this extension that was released. It also comes with a $500 annual renewal.

Flippa is still a reseller platform, and you have to remember than when it comes to this sale, the buyer had to see some value.
The.Agency is really a great name, I'd definitely like to own it, but I'm sure Power Names are asking a lot for it. By the way, TheAgency.com is being used in the field of advertising and media, which is an obvious choice for that name, but I think the other one would make a great name for a modelling agency.

•••
The renewal would have been a big detractor, did not see it mentioned in the initial listing, someone asked about the renewal via comments, strange to say Ali dod offer to add another year of reg if it exceeded the five figure mark, basically one dollar more would have gained another year's reg ......so be it I guess
I think he did add another year, a short while before the auction ended.

•••
Smart marketing from Zandi.. Selling a new tld for $9999 is quite impressive.

•••
Travel.Agency domain name got enormous publicity, everywhere this name was mentioned while it was in auction on Flippa. The new owner is really a lucky person, he should cash on the vast publicity it got and make some constructive decision to exploit this just right name. I think any travel companies will get it finally from the new owner.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back