IT.COM

Traffic... what's it worth?

NameSilo
Watch

Jeanco

RyanPrice.ca - DeveloperEstablished Member
Impact
My new site (www.epasture.com) just launched about two weeks ago and we're getting about 100-200 unique visitors a day. At the moment I have no intention of selling, but in a few months when University starts up I may consider it depending on how much time epasture is demanding of me.

I know a site's value is directly related to two things:
a) traffic
b) revenue

I doub't I'll have much revenue by then beyond selling ad space and google adwords, but how much is traffic alone worth? If I were to sell with an average of 200 uniques/day how much do you think I would get?

I've never dealt with selling a traffic site before so anyone with some experience would be appreciated.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
I just sold my website for just under $300. It was getting an average of 75 unique's per day. It had been up for about 45 days. The new owner has really jumpstarted it, and today it received well over 130. Hope that helps a bit.

•••
Ryan: Nice looking site you have there. Certainly seems unique. Perhaps when you are in the situation of having to sell it due to time constraints, you can post more details about it on a few forums and entertain bids. I'm sure by then your site will grow much more. You can post here in Namepros and Sitepoint is also probably a good place to post. Good luck! :)

•••
There's not an exact formula in valuating a traffic site. Some people estimate what the traffic would earn per month with certain revenue programs and multiply that by 3, 6, or 12 months. The type of traffic is important too. Humor site traffic is worth lower than home buyer traffic.

To guestimate, a nice looking humor site with traffic around 200/visitors day should be worth $200-400, maybe more if your Adsense is paying well.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back