NameSilo

To use a lot or a little

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Sould i use alot of keywords or a little amount of keywords?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I think you should select right and relevant keywords with overall SEO. If you optimize for a keyword phrase consisting of 2-3 words you increase your chances that your site will be found. The keyword popularity will be less for a single word, but the phrase will be more focused and your traffic will be more relevant.

•••
peter phillips said:
I think you should select right and relevant keywords with overall SEO. If you optimize for a keyword phrase consisting of 2-3 words you increase your chances that your site will be found. The keyword popularity will be less for a single word, but the phrase will be more focused and your traffic will be more relevant.

ok thanks for the reply

•••
I think it is ok to use a lot (between 5 and 40) of keywords as long as they are relevant to your site.

Also as Peter already stated you might group them. Use overture to check if people actually look after the keywords you want to group.

•••
yeah just use all the main keywords about your site, not ones that only come up once in every ten pages, like if your site was a vitual arcade, you would put some words that were in a few games, you would just put mainly what the site is about

•••
Pretty sure that it's best to use few keywords in meta tags (even though Google pays little to no attention to meta at all).

It's very easy to pass as a spam site when using many keywords. When I work on SEO, I always imagine myself in the web surfer's shoes. I pick a short list of keywords that I would type if I search for a specific product or service. I then check circulation of those keywords. Less circulation means less competitors in the field.

•••
re

I then check circulation of those keywords.

How exactly did u do that?

•••
the more keywords, the more places your site might be :).

•••
Keywords do nothing at all really, i have never seen them make a difference, however i do use them, i stick to a few decent keywords that the page is trying to target...

•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back