IT.COM

To Mask or not To Mask... is there even a question?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Do you wear a mask in public?

Hello Mods and Mems,

Well here we have it. Mandatory mask wearing in public.
Now most of you that know me understand that I am not the kind of guy that welcomes new laws...
infringement on personal freedom... that kind of stuff.
However, their are some laws that have been passed in my lifetime I believe are just plain common sense.

Car seats for kids.
Seat belts.
No riding in the back of pickup trucks.
No smoking in public places.
Stuff like this saves lives.

Wearing a mask in public is not so much for your own protection, but for the protection of those around you.
This is not my opinion. According to the medical professionals, this is a fact.

Lets hear from you.
Without turning this into a political pissing match, those of you who believe against wearing masks in public, please justify your position.

Please keep it civil... no personal attacks.

Thank you.

Peace,
Kenny

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
photo_2020-07-19_21-25-52.jpg

Is there any logical relation ?

•••
•••
INDEED

the masks you show are meant to protect the wearer

the masks we talk about now
are meant to protect others

is that so difficult to get ????????

If a virus could get out of mask and face gap then there wouldn't be different much between sick person or healthy person I think. If we all want to be protected then we all have to wear strong masks like miners wear for their work.

•••
If a virus could get out of mask and face gap then there wouldn't be different much between sick person or healthy person I think. If we all want to be protected then we all have to wear strong masks like miners wear for their work.

Well, it's something actual experts recommend - https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/prevent-getting-sick/cloth-face-cover-guidance.html

And I'm guessing doctors and nurses that work with Coronavirus patients, when they're not working and out and about, do you imagine they're wearing masks?

Unless you like to get your science from Flat Earther types in this thread.

Last edited:
•••

How about this? Strong enough?

imagev1a01b51beaa12595b0ba34f9cf316606f-g1mo510riryl0yciip2_t1880.jpg

•••
Well, it's something actual experts recommend - https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/prevent-getting-sick/cloth-face-cover-guidance.html

And I'm guessing doctors and nurses that work with Coronavirus patients, when they're not working and out and about, do you imagine they're wearing masks?

Unless you like to get your science from Flat Earther types in this thread.

Cloth masks can prevent from spreading more but it couldn't be perfect. It is a primary and simple option and we may consider one important point in this field :
The air stream is very important in closed spaces. Even a person with a mask could be infected when the air inside of closed space doesn't flow properly.

Last edited:
•••

yes I get you
but you are mistaken

that won't be a realistic scenario

ordinary masks are good enough and realistically

Last edited:
•••
If you are older than 7 years you will understand this:

IMG-20200719-WA0002.jpg

Last edited:
•••
Last edited:
•••
Just because the full consequences haven’t hit yet
doesn’t mean there isn’t a huge problem.
It’s as if someone jumped out of a window on the 42nd floor.
As you go by the 20th floor you’re still OK
but that doesn’t mean you don’t have a real problem.
—Charlie Munger

•••
•••
•••
•••
I dunno.. what if you wear a mask and someone still decides to jump out a window above you, while peeing and no pants?

•••
I dunno.. what if you wear a mask and someone still decides to jump out a window above you, while peeing and no pants?

as long as he just pees...

•••
•••
•••
EdP8RksU4AAxSoO

How about this guy on the front of drudgereport.com? :facepalm:

Are people masquerading with surgical masks - even in swimming pools and feeling confident with their protective measures against pathogenic invasions? :ROFL::vomit::banghead:

Last edited:
•••
EdP8RksU4AAxSoO

Are people masquerading with surgical masks - even in swimming pools and feeling confident with their protective measures to pathogenic invasions? :ROFL::hungover::banghead:

to my knowledge outside it's pretty safe without a mask
when you can keep social distance of 6 feet

I think you can stop posting ridicule
about extreme situations
where a mask is somehow strange

Last edited:
•••
to my knowledge outside it's pretty safe without a mask
when you can keep social distance of 6 feet

I think you can stop posting mocks about extreme versions of when a mask is somehow strange

Go see for yourself, tens of millions are seeing this now.....
http://drudgereport.com

This is not a twitter post off in the tumbleweeds with a few hundred views.

•••
•••
EdP8RksU4AAxSoO

Are people masquerading with surgical masks - even in swimming pools and feeling confident with their protective measures against pathogenic invasions? :ROFL::vomit::banghead:

So your tactic now is to show images of idiots wearing masks to prove that you are no idiot for not wearing mask? Gotcha :coffee:

•••
•••
So your tactic now is to show images of idiots wearing masks to prove that you are no idiot for not wearing mask? Gotcha :coffee:

I'm showing that images like this are being "normalized" to millions of people.

•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back