Dynadot

To Mask or not To Mask... is there even a question?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Do you wear a mask in public?

Hello Mods and Mems,

Well here we have it. Mandatory mask wearing in public.
Now most of you that know me understand that I am not the kind of guy that welcomes new laws...
infringement on personal freedom... that kind of stuff.
However, their are some laws that have been passed in my lifetime I believe are just plain common sense.

Car seats for kids.
Seat belts.
No riding in the back of pickup trucks.
No smoking in public places.
Stuff like this saves lives.

Wearing a mask in public is not so much for your own protection, but for the protection of those around you.
This is not my opinion. According to the medical professionals, this is a fact.

Lets hear from you.
Without turning this into a political pissing match, those of you who believe against wearing masks in public, please justify your position.

Please keep it civil... no personal attacks.

Thank you.

Peace,
Kenny

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I think this says it well -

6e45551ffb824ff316115d30d6ff8e97d7b9a979eb02fd5a4407144f229ea9c7.jpg

•••
I absolutely hate wearing a mask in public although, I've been told I have a face made to be masked!

Yet, I wear a mask 100 % of the time when in any and all public environments.

And I have been wearing a mask in public since early March at the latest.

We go out of our way to avoid folks and potential problems by shopping online for everything conceivable, including my new computer and two new Smart TVs.

When we go out and grocery shop etc we are masked and wearing nitrile gloves. And I wear wrap around sunglasses and a ball cap, and never in my life have I previously worn a ball cap into a store.

When out, we each wear 1 mask per store, 1 set of gloves per store and toss same immediately when back at car and use hand sanitizer to wipe down hands and then onto the next store and repeat.

I am considered " high risk " and don't want a fellow shopper's illness, Covid or other-wise " illing or killing"
me via their unmasked sneeze, cough, loud talk, etc.

And in turn I do not wish to gift strangers with any air-born ailments I may potentially harbor and spew out.

We prefer and try to only use businesses that have mandatory employee masking.

Wearing a mask in public is the very least I can do to help minimize the spread of the C-V-D.

Along with, of course, social distancing and keeping hands clean.

So we are all inconvenienced for a few more months by mask-wearing, so what.

Previous Generations.........

When I think of what every previous generation especially the Greatest Generation " gave up and sacrificed " for their country why the hell is wearing a face mask in public too much of an inconvenience or sacrifice for people today to " endure ".

I hate the mask but wear the mask.

•••
@Kenny, Wearing a mask in public is “IQ test”

If dont wear one, i see selfish imo

Last edited:
•••
For those that don't live in the U.S. - let me fill you in.

Our country is FILLED with selfish and entitled individuals.

My wife and I were talking before all of this even started in the U.S. about how there was no way that people here would do what they had to do in China/Italy to fix the problem.

Behold, we were right.

All we have to do to stop this spread is THREE things:
1) Social distance 6ft minimum when indoors.
2) Avoid continued contact while indoors (with people who don't follow these rules)
3) wear a N95 mask when in public (Good luck getting one)

Three little things... and we can't do it.

The shutdown does not need to happen, but what needs to stop is LUNACY like this:

I pretty much dont wear a mask, and I'm proud to see that in my city, there are more people not wearing masks than are.

Our idiot president has politicized 'being safe'. COVID doesn't care if you feel like a tough guy for not wearing a mask - it just wants in.

Herman Cain, who was at Trumps latest rally, now has COIVD. He was an avid supporter of the no mask wearing team - now look at him.

This isn't a psy op, a conspiracy theory, false flag, or any of the lunacy people devise.

This is a deadly disease which happens often over history - deal with it or die.

Last edited:
•••
People who don't want to wear masks should sign a waiver promising they will not seek medical treatment in the event they get COVID.

•••
Thanks to everyone who wears a mask that you are still here, alive and well, able to debate a point. Its not freaking out. Its caring about the spread of a disease and your fellow humans.

•••
•••
Wearing a mask in public is not so much for your own protection, but for the protection of those around you.
You have said it all there. This is not just a matter of own protection, but a matter of public protection, of public health.
Wearing a mask not only will save your live, but the lives of all the people around you, so thanks for wearing a mask wherever you go outside your home!

•••
Hello Mods and Mems,

Well here we have it. Mandatory mask wearing in public.
Now most of you that know me understand that I am not the kind of guy that welcomes new laws...
infringement on personal freedom... that kind of stuff.
However, their are some laws that have been passed in my lifetime I believe are just plain common sense.

Car seats for kids.
Seat belts.
No riding in the back of pickup trucks.
No smoking in public places.
Stuff like this saves lives.

Lets hear from you.
Without turning this into a political pissing match, those of you who believe against wearing masks in public, please justify your position.

Please keep it civil... no personal attacks.

Thank you.

Peace,
Kenny

anybody who is ok to wear a bike helmet
and is not ok with wearing a mask
to me is an (.O.)

mask can save lives
look at HonkHong and Japan

but obviously other peoples lives

Last edited:
•••
•••
I wear a mask for a few reasons -
1. To protect you and whoever you go home to.
2. To protect my family, of which some are in a high risk category.

I’m in the States and people are just dumb here. Some governors opened bars and restaurants only to have idiots flood them, as if COVID 19 was gone. Those same states are now closing up shop because of huge spikes in cases.

It’s very simple... wear masks, keep your distance, wash your hands.

My kids and I wore masks at the bicycle shop today. An older guy said to my kids, thank you. You wear that mask to protect people like me! He was thankful and exactly right!!!

•••

@ValaAfshar
·
Jun 25

“If you don’t like wearing a mask, you’re not going to like wearing a ventilator.”

•••
I wear a mask in public out of common sense not fear. There were idiots marching in Florida for the right not to wear a mask. I saw a tweet that compared that to being about the same as people marching for the “right” to drive drunk. I agree.

•••
As most of you in the USA and likely elsewhere know, almost all elective medical procedures, surgeries and even routine doctor appointments were all postponed / cancelled for a few months.

And now elective doctor appointments, procedures and surgeries are for the most part back and available per pre-Covid, with, certain stipulations.

Enter the medical clinic and you are greeted by masked health care workers who will verify your appointment, question you re Covid symptoms, question you re travel, take your temperature and, make certain you, the patient, is wearing a mask.

" If you cannot afford a face mask, one will be given to you at no charge" seems to be the medical mantra of the day.

Then you go to the doctor's medical reception desk, stand 6* feet from the now mask wearing receptionists you have known for years and be re-questioned re symptoms, possible Covid contacts etc.

A nurse wearing a mask quickly calls you into the inner sanctum of your doctor's office ( no lingering in reception), washes her hands with soap and hot water until her skin turns red from the heat, then goes over your vitals etc.

Then in comes Doc, his always friendly face now entombed in a mask, he too washes his hands with soap and water so hot it looks like it is being piped in from Hot Springs.

After the verbal and briefest as necessary ( though complete! ) exam you have a conversation about, Covid19.

The docs with whom we have discussed this new earth scourge are adamant about us continuing to wear masks ( and social distance, avoid crowds, wash hands frequently etc) and we are 100% in agreement with our docs about our wearing of masks, etc.

I do not believe, by any rational reason, docs and their staffs are going through such guarded masking measures without there being anything less than a real world threat to their own safety and the safety of others!

I do not believe, by any rational reason, so many docs gave up tens to hundreds of thousands of dollar in missed appointments, surgeries etc for anything less than a real world threat to their own safety and the safety of others!

To those who choose not to wear a mask in public, try and locate a medical facility that will agree with your decision not to wear a mask at your next doctor appointment.

Last edited:
•••
If you are older than 7 years you will understand this:

IMG-20200719-WA0002.jpg

Last edited:
•••
Thanks for the thread...haven't read it yet...sure it will be a hoot!

Yes, I wear a mask...been wearing one for a while. You see, I consider myself part of a society and to wear a mask shows I care for others (since I am not wearing an NBC rated mask, it serves the purpose of protecting others more so than myself).

May everyone have a happy and safe 4th!

•••
•••
Oh wow some people are still relentlessly fighting for their ignoble cause in their unholy war against masks!

Those irresponsible selfish careless people just want to satisfy their ego by refusing to wear masks and preventing others from wearing masks.. what a sick ego is that!

I am sorry for this harsh statement by me, but after almost 16M cases and 660,000 death, anti mask opinions should not be tolerated anymore as they are a serious danger on the public health.

Last edited:
•••
I think mandatory masks make a lot of sense for any indoor areas where several people gather (malls, shops, government offices, etc).

We know COVID is highly contagious through airborne particles, particularly indoors with many people. So in these situations, masks are a must.

Putting the enforcement onus on businesses makes it a trickier matter... but the need to make it happen is real.

•••
Face masks work very well in thinning out dispersions when very close to the source. What gets through is the very small droplets and not in sufficient density to pose a serious hazard. In other words, masks protect people near you from infection by you. They do not protect you, yourself, directly. Other people wearing masks are what protects you.

So wearing a mask is an act of civic responsibility and shows care for your fellow human beings. I have no respect whatever for the selfish bastards who refuse to respect that. Including those of us Brits who are just as selfish and entitled as Americans. There are plenty of them to despise.

Last edited:
•••
Ridiculing the other side without presenting an alternative solution to prevent the exponential devastation that is facing the World both in terms of the Global economy and the lives that are being lost or affected does not pass the intelligent test anymore and falls more under the same old political animosities that have been dividing the people in the past.

This is nonsense. We have some dumb person in charge of the country make it political. His son Don Jr. couldn't make the speech last night because his girlfriend contracted the virus. He literally goes against the advice of people he used to stand on stage with, experts in the field. Basic stuff, wear a mask, social distance, wash your hands etc. You had like 90% of the people last night close together, not wearing masks, same thing at his Tulsa Farewell Tour, where you had many in his group come down with it, Secret Service had to quarantine etc.

If you don't want to wear a mask and want to help, then lock yourself in your house.

This shouldn't be political, it should be common sense. But as you can tell, a lot of people lack it. These are some of the same people that would go flying thru their car windshield because they don't want to wear a seatbelt, because they believe in freedom man. Or some conspiracy type worried about government control, personal freedoms etc.

A lot of places are now making it mandatory to wear a mask when out and about in public. This should have been the message for awhile now from the top. Every time Trump does an interview, tweets, gets some type of media coverage, he could be sending that message out like a real leader would do. He does the opposite.

The simple thing of wearing a mask is going to help. Period. We're closing up again because numbers are going back up, spiking because dumb people can grasp this simple thing. And this will in turn just make the economy worse, more people getting sick, some dying.

Last edited:
•••
I live in Thailand, we locked down in March. Closed the borders. Masks were,and still are compulsory in many places along with lots of sanitiser,social distancing etc.

Many businesses reopened at the end of May.The big danger areas of pubs and clubs have just opened but with precautions in place.Kids went back to school last week ,again with precautions. Public assembly,ralies etc still basically banned. Basically a military govt here so compliance with regulations was pretty much 100%.
I wore a mask this morning in the shop to buy milk.

Thailand with a population of 70 million has had less than 3,000 infections and under 60 deaths.

Last edited:
•••
Please wear a face mask. It is not to just protect yourself, it is to protect others.

There is a massive strain of pure selfishness going on in the world today. Oh, I am healthy so I don't need to wear a face mask...

That mixed with misinformation, anti-science, and conspiracy nonsense has lead us to where we are now.

If you have some ridiculous objection to wearing a face mask, because of freedumb, just realize most people are going to view you as a selfish douchebag.

Brad

Last edited:
•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back