NameSilo

Time to invest .xyz

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Domain Monk

Mindful DomainingTop Member
Impact
After google decision is it worth investing in xyz extension? Will it's value increase?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Recent bids on Sedo for : mytv, onlinestore, radical...

•••
•••
i have one .xyz im pretty happy with im in no rush to sell it

WON.xyz

•••
•••
•••
Anyone know the cause of the increase of regs from today and yesterday? Oh and look

gen.xyz/blog/premiumsrelease

Mark your calendars! .xyz and .College premium domains releasing soon
posted by Team XYZ on October 21, 2015
We are happy to announce the long awaited release of premium domains forboth .xyz and .College! Did you ever try to register travel.xyz or NewYorkCity.College, but couldn’t? These premium domains will finally be released for public registration later this year.

What is a premium domain?
Premium domains typically have popular search and industry-specific keywords, like music.xyz or business.College. Due to its value and scarcity, they’re considered “premium” domains and are available to register at a price relative to its value.

Letters and numbers are also popular premium domains. Since there are only 10 numerical characters and 26 letters of the alphabet, some of the most sought after domains are single-letter and single-number domains. Do you remember when 8.xyz was auctioned off? That closed at a whopping $81,000!

When can I register my premium domain name?
We will be releasing them to the public on the dates below – don’t forget to mark your calendars!

• .College: November 18, 2015
  • .xyz: December 1, 2015
Visit your domain registrar of choice to ask how you can register .xyz and .College premium domains. Which domains are you most excited about? Dare to share by tweeting

does anyone know how this works? Will it be like how it is now? All premium names costing like 60k , or will they release the premium names at reg price for anyone to go and register?

•••
Anyone know the cause of the increase of regs from today and yesterday? Oh and look

gen.xyz/blog/premiumsrelease

does anyone know how this works? Will it be like how it is now? All premium names costing like 60k , or will they release the premium names at reg price for anyone to go and register?

Most gTLD's operators put premium prices, and/or renewals on words that are considered premium... it's not specific to .xyz

But as @ChubbyDfat always says, gems do slip thru the cracks with these new gTLDs, do your research :D

•••
But as @ChubbyDfat always says, gems do slip thru the cracks with these new gTLDs, do your research :D
I suggest that you compile a list of "premium key words" that you use with any extension that you are interested in (bulk search). That will tell you very fast, what names are available and at how much.
It speeds things up and makes it easier to catch the few that fall through the cracks.

Cheers

•••
Sold a .xyz for 7.5k, 180 day PP.

•••
Outstanding!
Care to share you sale?

Cheers

•••
Outstanding!
Care to share you sale?

Cheers

Sure, it was a public auction. Just key in WINES plus the thread extension. It was a by out..

Buyer contacted me before hitting it and we worked out a 180 day PP which I don't mind doing as it helps when selling higher priced domains.

Last edited:
•••
Sure, it was a public auction. Just key in WINES plus the thread extension. It was a by out..

Ok, I took a look at it and a few questions. Is that ebay auction software? I noticed ebay graphics on the site, power seller, buy now. Was looking for something for a site, didn't know if they had something available.

http://wines.xyz/

Did you get paid yet or just sold at this point? I noticed the winner or at least the same nickname is suspended at Flippa

Was a little confused at the setup. Says Current Bid -
Current Bid 2,500.00 US

But then closed at $7,500. Seller is a Power Seller with 0 Sales?

It would be the 2nd or 3rd biggest .xyz sale (reported)

Last edited:
•••
I was confused when I saw WINES I thought it was a misspelling of video game systems WIINES

Wine.xyz would be a decent name.. but the "s" makes the name more confusing especially with xyz appearing after it.

•••
Wines sells well, so I knew it would sell out, not to mention what some of these registries are asking for in a premium "Wine" name, 50K+ sometimes.

I was following the auction too, thought something happened cause it was closed, and that reserve was not met, but I noticed 1 person with the 7,500 asking price in the end. Grats. Good to see any ngtld sell well.

Last edited:
•••
Ok, I took a look at it and a few questions. Is that ebay auction software? I noticed ebay graphics on the site, power seller, buy now.

http://wines.xyz/

Did you get paid yet? I noticed the winner is suspended at Flippa.

Was a little confused at the setup. Says Current Bid -
Current Bid 2,500.00 US

But then closed at $7,500 with Power Seller with 0 Sales?

No its not ebay software, it's powered by Script Soft Solutions. Not sure about Flippa but as stated it's 6 payments which I don't mind doing, along with written agreement. I've been paid the first one and see no reason why it won't continue. Seems like a nice buyer, spoke by phone for quite some time etc..

Current bid was at 2,500.00 US with several days left on the auction but was contacted by phone to see if a PP could be worked out. Once agreed I advised them to hit the buy out price to secure the deal and close the auction.

As for power seller I need to turn that off by my name, was playing with different features and just forgot to turn that off.

Last edited:
•••
I was confused when I saw WINES I thought it was a misspelling of video game systems WIINES

Wine.xyz would be a decent name.. but the "s" makes the name more confusing especially with xyz appearing after it.

Wine isn't available, therefore makes it more valuable. BJMO Also, although it's not .com, wines.com sold last time for around 2.9 million or something like that.

•••
XYZ :
NEW 11,950
REMOVED 3,995
TRANSFER 2,881
GAIN/ LOST (Positive) 7,955

jump from 400 on Monday, to : 7,955 ...on Tuesday..

I warned : Its not time for sale.

•••
Wines.xyz @ 7.5k, great job, well worth it of course.

Gipson, did you say now is not the time for sale? And what do you mean?

•••
It would be the 2nd or 3rd biggest .xyz sale (reported)

I think the second but DN Journal won't post it until after the 180 days and I transfer it..

•••
I think the second but DN Journal won't post it until after the 180 days and I transfer it..

Forgot to say Congrats on the awesome sale man!

•••
@mad409, you sold the/your domain name on your own domain name auction website? How did you spread awareness about the name to get potential/qualified bidders?

•••
Wines.xyz @ 7.5k, great job, well worth it of course.

Gipson, did you say now is not the time for sale? And what do you mean?

More demand equals higher prices

•••
More demand equals higher prices

the "demand" you speak of probably comes from spammers buying the $1 xyz names like crazy from Namecheap in bulk to use for spam purposes... not for any kind of investment purpose or end user demand.

Another example is .win which also has domains for $1 (to sucker people in for much higher renewal costs). I think we're up to 250,000 .win domains and counting now in something like 1 month.

•••
the "demand" you speak of probably comes from spammers buying the $1 xyz names like crazy from Namecheap in bulk to use for spam purposes... not for any kind of investment purpose or end user demand.

Good point, but for that reason, we must wait for this change, only then will be more reliable trends, dont you think!

•••
Good point, but for that reason, we must wait for this change, only then will be more reliable trends, dont you think!

I also hope the price of xyz will go up. Just playing devil's advocate with my post above.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back