IT.COM

Comparing .XYZ and .Info

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
I checked the stats for .INFO on Namebio and the extension has more liquidity than .XYZ.

In the month of July (2017) there were 21 documented sales (.INFO). Most of the sale prices were in the low to mid XXX's range but five of them sold for over $1,000 with Manhattan.info selling for $7,000.

It looks like this might be the next step for .XYZ. More liquidity in the low XXX range then random sales that hit a higher price in the XXXX range. This was my first time investing a good amount of money into domain names. I dropped over 90% of them but in the process I kept seven first names that I purchased second hand on NamePros for about $10.00 each. I think in the long run I will do well. I won't become a millionaire by any means but I think I will turn a profit. And since the name portfolio I have is small, it's easy to pay for the renewals. These are the first names I own in .XYZ:

A/N/T/O/I/N/E/T/T/E .xyz
A/S/H/L/E/Y .xyz
B/E/R/T .xyz
J/O/S/I/E .xyz
L/A/Y/L/A .xyz
S/T/A/N/L/E/Y .xyz
T/Y/R/E/S/E .xyz

I also think .INFO is a good extension to compare .XYZ to since both of them had big promotions. .XYZ might have overdone info promotion wise but I remember .info doing a similar promotion many years ago.

P.S. I also registered .XYZ for development purposes and have a few live websites.

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
.info is by far more valuable ,I think in many cases it is worth more than .net and .org ,one reason why the .info is in a frozen space as far as price. The renewal is too expensive at about 11 bucks ,if the price was 6.99 a lot of lll.infos [which have massive potential] would not be dropping. One of the top 4 extensions and they put a knife in it. ,,,oh by the way ,you would not be able to hand reg any comparable .info with those names or similar

•••
.info was released 16 years ago, back then there was fewer extensions, less saturation. Now it's just another extension, even more ordinary.
How often do you sell notable .info sales ? At least it has a clear meaning semantically.

Don't be scraping the bottom of the barrel :|

•••
Well said ben pedry. And I do agree with Kate about the clear meaning.

•••
.info is more established than .xyz and serves highly visited websites such as mta.info

•••
•••
•••
.info is useful and has meaning

.xyz is meaningless and pointless, except for abc.xyz and uvw.xyz

•••
Could .xyz stand for 3 dimensions or "how to do a subject"?

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back