Domain Empire

Time for a LLLL.com forum?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Len

dot TV'erVIP Member
Impact
Do others here think it is time for a separate forum for LLLL.com's similar to the .tv forum where they can be bought, sold and discussed? There appears to be too many threads pertaining to this subject especially in the sales forums. Reminds me of the Klondike gold rush where everyone is clamering to stake their claim!! It's getting to the point where it seems unless you are selling a LLLL.com you may as well forget it! JMHO

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
VURG said:
Been thinking about it. No definition of what a short domain should be required. A broad section called short domains should suffice. LLLLL.com may one day become more popular than LLLL.com and so it may be best to go with short domains.

Short domains have brandability, acronym, hyphen, limited supply, letter categorisation, etc... issues associated with them that longer domains don't really have in the same context.
Also the relative values between categories seems useful to understand.

ie, LLLL.com compared to LLL.com or CCC.com
LLLL.net compared to LLLL.com (or, eeek - CCC.net ... hmmm!)

VCVCV.com compared to VCVC.com

and so on ...

•••
arnie said:
agreed

otherwise what about LLL.com, CCC.com, L-L-L.com ? all sold before LLLL.com

also LLL.net LLL.co.uk etc

would need to be short names/acronmys
:sold: :sold: :sold:

Yes , I agree, better put in it all otherwise every niche will require a different section....I think we could cope with just one for up to 5 chars, it would include:

LLL of any ext
LLLL of any ext
L-L-L.com
LLLLL.com

In this way, the forum will be more tidy for who does not believe in any of them ( does still anyone like that exist? :hehe: )

I officially offer to be a moderator of such section :)

•••
Jeff said:
^ :hehe:

I'd say the odds are increasingly favorable ... for a dedicated #1 Namepros LLLL Forum™, IMHO. :blink:

-Jeff B-)

Well with Jeff backing it, maybe it will become a reality soon enough.

Maybe we can junk these -

#1 Namepros .Mobi Forum™

#1 Namepros .US Forum™

And also add...

#1 Namepros .IN Forum™

:hehe:

•••
Totally agree. I made a thread about this shortly after the LLLL.com buyout, however the popularity of such a solution seems to have rapidly increased since then.

I'd love to co-mod this section with Lorenzo :)

italiandragon said:
Yes , I agree, better put in it all otherwise every niche will require a different section....I think we could cope with just one for up to 5 chars, it would include:

LLL of any ext
LLLL of any ext
L-L-L.com
LLLLL.com

In this way, the forum will be more tidy for who does not believe in any of them ( does still anyone like that exist? :hehe: )

•••
italiandragon said:
agree.
and make it different from "other sites" :)

You have my vote :yell:

•••
•••
It is a good idea to open a new forum
italiandragon and reece have my vote for being moderator .

•••
The concensus appears to be an overwhelming "Yes".....Now how do we get this done?? Do we have to have a poll running for a period of time so more members can cast their vote? Any ideas?

•••
its up to the mayor.........RJ :sold:

•••
italiandragon said:

Exactly my point, less cluttering for those that DONT want to read about LLLL and a more focused short names/acronmys section for us who want to discuss this exciting market :)

It's hard to understand how someone could NOT believe in them after seeing so much money going into them. As the saying goes... Money Talks, Bullshit Walks :$:

italiandragon said:

YES you have my vote! :sold:

With you and Reece as moderators this section would really :kickass:

•••
Thanks guys for the support :)

It`s nice to feel appreciated :)

It`s up to the Mayor now!

•••
I support the "Under 5 chars" idea.
Moderators could be Reece and Lorenzo, maybe Bluebecker or Arnie for the L-L-L part? ;)

•••
ssamriga said:
Moderators could be Reece and Lorenzo, maybe Bluebecker or Arnie for the L-L-L part? ;)

LOL
too much like hard work for me.
anyway bluebecker is the 'knowledge' re: L-L-L.com
he gets my vote
Lorenzo and Reece are great picks for mods

I actually think Filter is the dark horse to win 'promotion'
He is a very bright guy with a lot of knowledge of finance markets too, and bringsa an amusing angle too. He gets my vote :sold:

Also it needs to be '5 and under' not 'under 5' :sold:

•••
arnie said:
LOL
He is a very bright guy with a lot of knowledge of finance markets too, and bringsa an amusing angle too. He gets my vote :sold:

I totally agree... Filter would be an important asset to this section! With Italian Dragon, Reece and Filter we cannnot go wrong :bingo:

•••
ssamriga said:
Thank you for the vote ssamriga.

5 characters and under forum would help those focusing on short domain names. Gets my vote.

Last edited:
•••
I thirty-second the idea!

•••
Oh Yes Please :) combined with L-L-L etc

•••
I've said in the past that a new Acronym forum would be appropriate. word.

•••
I also support a 5-char and under sub-forum idea. It would clean out a lot of threads from the main Domain Discussion board.

•••
sooooooooo- has anyone pmed rj yet??????????????

•••
Stargazer said:
It's hard to understand how someone could NOT believe in them after seeing so much money going into them. As the saying goes... Money Talks, Bullshit Walks :$:

Do you have any idea how much money went into Beanie Babies? Hysteria can do funny things...

I sort of feel like I'm in that Wendy's commercial where everyone is running and falling in the hole and the guy wearing the Wendy's wig turns around to run in the opposite direction :)

I'm actually a big fan of short brandable .coms. This includes some of the better LLLL.coms. However, I just can't agree with the herd mentality about the value of anti-premiums... So I'd prefer not to have to see it plastered all over every single forum personally.

I'd probably even go in there occasionally, I'd just have to avoid the piles.

•••
Thought I'd sticky the post as I like the idea.

•••
arnie said:

:tu: on all three counts.

Ronald Regging said:
I'd probably even go in there occasionally, I'd just have to avoid the piles.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

I'd actually go for consolidation of marketplaces... why segregate .com, keyword domains, ccTLDs, LLLLs, L-L-L etc, its an active market, let it go all together, the search function works fairly well. I've seen the 'niche' markets don't do as well for sales as the main marketplace forums... and since you're already allowed to post there... why have separate sections?

Segregating the discussion threads would allow for people who want to know more about them go directly there.

And also provide visual relief to those besieged by 'official' threads.

Last edited:
•••
my ears are burning :xf.love:

though moderation may not be my strong point ... :lol:

really do enjoy being active in this "wild west" market, and like to see new people get comfortable here as well - would certainly try to add whatever healthy balance I can to a new sub-forum.

•••
I think it's a good idea, since there are so many 4(L).com's out there, they deserve there own forum.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back