IT.COM

Time for a LLLL.com forum?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Len

dot TV'erVIP Member
Impact
Do others here think it is time for a separate forum for LLLL.com's similar to the .tv forum where they can be bought, sold and discussed? There appears to be too many threads pertaining to this subject especially in the sales forums. Reminds me of the Klondike gold rush where everyone is clamering to stake their claim!! It's getting to the point where it seems unless you are selling a LLLL.com you may as well forget it! JMHO

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I think this may be a possibility, IMHO. :gl: :talk:

-Jeff B-)

•••
Sure, everyone knows Jeff and I usually agree ;)

I'n all 4 it...

kewl

•••
We definitely need a seperate LLL/LLLL board. It shouldn't be limited to just LLLL.com, because if you look on the first few pages of this board, there are a lot of non LLLL.com LLL/LLLL threads :)

•••
only if it is an official forum! :hehe:

•••
^ :hehe:

I'd say the odds are increasingly favorable ... for a dedicated #1 Namepros LLLL Forum™, IMHO. :blink:

-Jeff B-)

•••
tristanperry said:
We definitely need a seperate LLL/LLLL board. It shouldn't be limited to just LLLL.com, because if you look on the first few pages of this board, there are a lot of non LLLL.com LLL/LLLL threads :)

Yes I agree, something that encompasses all of the above would be ideal. I just feel there are too many of these threads popping up and they are taking over a number of boards. A specific board for these type of domains would be good for everyone.

•••
I have been thinking the same!

A seperate LLLL forum would benefit everybody investing in this niche. It would also benefit the non LLLL investors that want to talk about "general" domain related topics.

Until recently i did only invest in the traditional non LLLL domains and noticed that the LLLL.com threads was taking up a lot of space at the expence of all other threads. Since then i have started investing in LLLL.com's like there was no tomorrow :sold:
and now i think it would be great to have all LLLL threads under one roof so i can keep track of them more easily.

In this way everybody wins... The LLLL folks have their own place to hang out and talk with like minded members. And the broader "General Domain" market have a forum to discuss the latest trends in domaining.

I recall the heated .mobi debates during the .mobi landrush where the belivers and haters argued until their faces turned blue, then came the .mobi section and eventually the heated .mobi threads calmed down in the Domain Name Discussion forum.

I think the time has come for a LLLL.com section and also a special LLLL.com Markeplace section. Dont forget the LLL.com's :hehe:

So i suggest these additional sub sections under LLLL:

LLLL.com / LLLL.net Appraisals
LLLL.com / LLLL.net Sales Report
LLLL.com / LLLL.net Dropwatch thread
General LLL and LLLL market discussion thread
LLLL.whatever Countdown thread

And dont forget the other niches...

CCC, CCCC, NNN, NNNN, CVCV, LLN, LNN, LNL, NLL, NNL, NLN, L-L, N-N, L-N, N-L and so on... :xf.love:

So what do you say folks? Have LLL & LLLL "Graduated" or "Matured" enough to deserve their own place at NP???

•••
There isn't one for LLL.com names... what's up with the main forum?

•••
I would give it another month or so to see if the space cools any. I had to blow the dust off of the .Mobi tab the last time I was over there.

•••
why don't we open the Poll and see the result?

•••
duceman said:
I would give it another month or so to see if the space cools any. I had to blow the dust off of the .Mobi tab the last time I was over there.

:lol:

Same with the .US Forum©, as well (thank Goodness an .INFO Forum™ hadn't ever been opened)! ;)
-Jeff B-)

•••
I think it'd be a good idea to make a "short" forum, so to speak.. Maybe this could be for any domains 5 chars or under.

Personally, I'm getting sick of seeing nothing but LLLL all over the forums, but thats jmo :)

•••
I'm up for that too. Wouldnt mind seeing the following also.

.com
.net
.info

To go along with .us .tv .mobi

Could probably just do away with the .mobi really LOL

•••
Ronald Regging said:
I think it'd be a good idea to make a "short" forum, so to speak.. Maybe this could be for any domains 5 chars or under.

Personally, I'm getting sick of seeing nothing but LLLL all over the forums, but thats jmo :)

Hi Ronald, Love your name BTW :gn:

I understand where you come from, i felt the same way about LLLL.com until i surrendered and started investing in them :bingo:

This is my dilemma... I have several traditional non LLLL's that i want to sell while at the same time i want to buy/sell LLLL.com's

The problem is that whenever i post any non LLLL for sale at the Marketplace it will instantly drown in all the LLLL for sale posts :'(

This is becoming a problem because if i can't get my non LLLL sold how i'm supposed to raise money to buy more LLLL.com's :-/

Solution...

Create a seperate LLLL Marketplace Forum and a seperate LLLL Discussion Forum!

This is the most optimal solution for everybody. This way the LLLL sale posts will receive the maximum amount of exposure and the non LLLL domains will also receive maximum amount of attention. It's a WIN WIN situation :imho:

•••
Jeff said:
^ :hehe:

I'd say the odds are increasingly favorable ... for a dedicated #1 Namepros LLLL Forum™, IMHO. :blink:

-Jeff B-)

I'd broaden that to an ACRONYM forum, of up to 5 chars with any combination of L, C, V, N, -.

•••
Only outright dissenting voice - NO. It's a current hot niche that will pass with time, and will only add to the clutter in the meantime.

•••
I'll put my vote in. Been many discussions like this one over the past year. I like the short domain idea. 5 characters or less. It should open up a larger variety of discussions in the discussion area as this style of domain is cluttering up the main discussion area for domainers interested in other aspects of domains.

•••
VURG said:
I'll put my vote in. Been many discussions like this one over the past year. I like the short domain idea. 5 characters or less. It should open up a larger variety of discussions in the discussion area as this style of domain is cluttering up the main discussion area for domainers interested in other aspects of domains.
Might want to make it 7 characters or less to truly future-proof it. :)

•••
whitebark said:
Only outright dissenting voice - NO. It's a current hot niche that will pass with time, and will only add to the clutter in the meantime.

I have to disagree with you Roy. It's the status quo which is REALLY cluttering up what was once the premier Domain Name Discussion Forum. I personally think it's going to be hot for some years to come. I wouldn't go as far as Dan's 7 char suggestion though :)

•••
LLLL.com only, not interested in .net

•••
I think that LLLL.com became very mighty niche and it desperately needs it's own forum here. It should be just about LLLL.coms because it's a unique and popular domain names category. As I know many LLLL.com investors are not interested in LLLLL.com, LLLL.net, LLLL.info domains etc. So I vote for just LLLL.com-related forum. Other niches are not developed enough and may exist in general discussion forum.

•••
yphanh2002 said:
why don't we open the Poll and see the result?

good idea.

We need an LLLL.com forum. LLLL.com only, no .net, no CCC, no LLLLL ...
:)

•••
Been thinking about it. No definition of what a short domain should be required. A broad section called short domains should suffice. LLLLL.com may one day become more popular than LLLL.com and so it may be best to go with short domains.

Short domains have brandability, acronym, hyphen, limited supply, letter categorisation, etc... issues associated with them that longer domains don't really have in the same context.

•••
VURG said:
Been thinking about it. No definition of what a short domain should be required. A broad section called short domains should suffice. LLLLL.com may one day become more popular than LLLL.com and so it may be best to go with short domains.

Short domains have brandability, acronym, hyphen, limited supply, letter categorisation, etc... issues associated with them that longer domains don't really have in the same context.

agreed

otherwise what about LLL.com, CCC.com, L-L-L.com ? all sold before LLLL.com

also LLL.net LLL.co.uk etc

would need to be short names/acronmys
:sold: :sold: :sold:

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back