NameSilo

Time for a LLLL.com forum?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Len

dot TV'erVIP Member
Impact
Do others here think it is time for a separate forum for LLLL.com's similar to the .tv forum where they can be bought, sold and discussed? There appears to be too many threads pertaining to this subject especially in the sales forums. Reminds me of the Klondike gold rush where everyone is clamering to stake their claim!! It's getting to the point where it seems unless you are selling a LLLL.com you may as well forget it! JMHO

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
no more updates? Is the idea of the forum marketplace still running or everybody gave up? :td:

•••
I haven't given up. I just feel like I shouldn't have to repeat myself. There are quite a few people who showed support for the idea in this thread.

•••
NamePros`s future?

I`m so sad guys today.

I was counting to see finally a different approach from the NP managment about the creation of a section where we could discuss about short domains up to 5 chars like discussed lately in this thread from many members:

http://www.namepros.com/domain-name-discussion/430573-time-for-a-llll-com-forum.html

so that it would have included:

LLL of any extension
LLLL of any extension
L-L-L.com

which threads are increasing day by day and without hyping anything, there are plenty of chances that they will keep increasing much more for many reasons that we already discussed too many times and I`m not here to hype anything.

The problem is that some domainers do not like those threads and would prefer to have a separate section for them so the forum would be more tidy.

So much they don`t like to be surrounded by them that I see the same pattern that with .mobi ended up with some members creating another forum for .mobi , already I`m aware of some people thinking to start a forum for this and I could have done myself but I love so much NamePros that I did not want to compete with it in any way.

But what is the future of NamePros if NamePros does not evolve with the evolving Domain Market? I repeat: I`m not hyping, I`m extremely worried that in the near future, I`ll have to jump between 10 different forums just to keep track of everything and with my limited time I already don`t like this scenario.

I conclude giving my best advice to RJ that I respect and admire for his efforts: please let the majority of namepros members decide what is best , give them a few options and try something new, if it does not work, what`s the big deal in going back? I just hope this community can grow rather then split again like with .mobi :td:

Thank you

Best regards

•••
Personally, and this is just me, if it cuts down on the llll.com and llllL.com discussion threads, I am all for it.

It is so insane that I rarely step foot in the main section anymore.

BUt be fair about it. If you are going to have a random section, make sure you have enough subsections to cover those seriously wacky extensions.

•••
Alright folks, I'm willing to give this a try. B-)

•••
-RJ- said:

Thank god!!!

•••
•••
•••
"Short" Domain Discussion = Nice thank you RJ

•••
Thanks for the Short Domains Forum

It's nice to see the main forum cleaned up with all those short domain threads moved to their own forum. Wow! 25 pages of threads already.

Last edited:
•••
Yessssss ....! [/napolean dynamite]

:)

•••
-RJ- said:

RJ is da man! :sold:

I knew something was different when i just arrived on homepage. No coloured threads lol

cheers Mayormeister

•••
At last.....You guy's have got somewhere to go and the rest of the forum is free of all these threads! I'm happy for you guy's and pleased that there is a result to this thread I started. Also thanks is in order for RJ who has listened and responded to the members requests for the section.

•••
wow. I would have voted against this. Was there a poll? Are we going to have to start a new forum for every new trend in the future? Like .mobi/.us? Please don't let there be a short domain sales forum. my 2c.

•••
tzsxc said:
wow. I would have voted against this. Was there a poll? Are we going to have to start a new forum for every new trend in the future? Like .mobi/.us? Please don't let there be a short domain sales forum. my 2c.
Every other member (including the non LLLL, LLL, 2c etc ones) were in favour of this, hence a poll would probably have been pointless. :)

•••
very nice to see the new "Short" Domain Discussion

now we can track all the threads we are interested in much easier than before and people who dont like them a lot will have the main section free of them

this section will grow a lot and its name is perfect
thanks -RJ- :tu:

•••
maybe could use another sub-forum for people who want to "short sell" short domains too?

j/k! (I think ...!)

•••
-RJ- said:

:tu: Thank you!! B-)

•••
-RJ- said:

:tu: :tu: :tu:

This is going to be fun.

Thanks RJ, really appreciate this.

•••
Thank you!!! I woke up this morning and when I arrived at the forum, I was like "damnnnn what happened to the LLLL world? Did I miss the boat?". Well good to see a different section dedicated to short dot coms.

•••
•••
Excellent - the need for a short discussion forum has been around for quite a while - its going to be a busy section! :D

Rich

•••
Why delete my post?

I will say it again. This is bad idea for short domains, as this makes them become fads; and this is bad idea overall, as it reduces the traffic to namepros.

•••
There are two kinds of ppl for it

1) Ppl who are tired of LLLL.com threads. The want to move it to a little section.

2) Ppl who think a separate thread will somehow make LLLL.com grow.

For "1" they get their wish. And for "2" eventually the LLLL.com fad will die down faster than before. Either way bad for LLLL.com

I'm a big believer in letting market forces take its course. This will expedite the correction IMO.

Last edited:
•••
3par said:
Why delete my post?

I will say it again. This is bad idea for short domains, as this makes them become fads; and this is bad idea overall, as it reduces the traffic to namepros.

Hi 3par,

I don`t understand how/why.

Care to explain it?

Thanks

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back