IT.COM

This is why I hate appraisals and most new gtlds

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

baseballworld

Restricted (Market)
Impact
Found this on linkedin and I agree 100%.

Mike Mann
The only domain appraisers that have any legitimacy at all are the market makers who buy and sell large numbers of premium domains over the generations, of which there are about a dozen in the world. Any market predictions, offers, appraisals or domain pricing from any other sources, like VCs or bots or uneducated marketers are useless and therefore very misleading. Also people predicting and speculators trying to profit on new domains (gTLDs) who are engaged in wishful thinking, and .Com lowballers on my website DomainMarket.com have no appraisal legitimacy. They domain system is an unregulated financial market with random commentary and vast bid:offer spreads, so thin that usually no offers will ever exist, and no value to the majority of the “inventory” at most of my competitor’s sites.

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
A dozen in the world, yeah right...

I wonder if Mike includes himself in that group ;)

•••
I am wondering whos on this list. l ol

•••
He does know how to price his domains, check out his sale of ThrillOfTheGrill.com, how many guys here could yield $3x,xxx sale on that?

He does also have confidence in owning a great portfolio, and the power to say no, as his cash position is probably very strong.

•••
He does know how to price his domains, check out his sale of ThrillOfTheGrill.com, how many guys here could yield $3x,xxx sale on that?

He does also have confidence in owning a great portfolio, and the power to say no, as his cash position is probably very strong.

I think that's the key to a lot of bigger sales is the power to walk away and not be affected by it.

•••
I think that's the key to a lot of bigger sales is the power to walk away and not be affected by it.
If your name is quality, and has a purpose to them, they may take a poke at you, but give it week,
Month, or even a few years they do come back willing to pay the bin.

•••
Online appraisals are useless but I am 100% sure that even top domainers use them sometimes just for fun.

•••
I have never used one in a sales pitch ever.

•••
Back