IT.COM

This Afternic "price request" is actually an offer?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

wormfood

----Top Member
Impact
Yesterday, I got a price request at Afternic, so I set the prices. I just checked the automatic listing at GoDaddy auctions to see if the price had changed there yet, and it has, but it says
Bids/Offers: 1

??
I don't list my domains manually on GoDaddy auctions and didn't get notification of an offer there.
I think it must say 1 because of this so-called "price request."

The email from Afternic says
"A lead indicates that someone is interested in the domain, but is not prepared to buy it yet. "
If the offer count is 1 because of the lead from Afternic, and the lead actually made an offer, that statement is a lie.

But there are simple price requests, of course..I got one 2 months ago, and it says Bids/Offers: 0 on GoDaddy auctions.

I'd like to know their offer, if they really did make one -_-

Sorry if this has already been mentioned before. I didn't find a post about it.

What do you think?

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
Okay, I didn't really think it through at first.
Maybe they do this for offers under $250, because they tell you you must set prices (including the floor, I think) of $250 or above when you get a price request.
But in this case, I registered the domain for under $2, so I'd be pretty happy with a $200 offer. I think I had the minimum set to $100.

Last edited:
•••
As far as I know price requests are actually offers under $100.

•••
Price requests are price requests, offers are offers
Many times received offers under $100 as have everywhere the default afternic minimum of $40

•••
A few months back, we had a price request and subsequently set our minimum floor price. Sold the domain for $1,000. Some jump if price requests are offers under $100?

Last edited:
•••
But there are simple price requests, of course..I got one 2 months ago, and it says Bids/Offers: 0 on GoDaddy auctions.
Doh, the offer could have been made at another place

A few months back, we had a price request and subsequently set our minimum floor price. Sold the domain for $1,000. Some jump if price requests are offers under $100?
Well, I've heard stories of extreme lowballing turning into 5 figure sales. :P

•••
I pulled all Afternic listings.

Tired of getting 'price requests' that led to nowhere.

If someone is interested they can eMail me or chat with me directly via the chatbox I installed on my custom landing pages. Don't need a 3rd party to get in the way.

•••
can you tell your past sales experience of afternic

•••
If you want to know the price request offer, call Afternic Support and ask.

•••
old draft I forgot to post

"The offer that was placed was when your minimum offer was set at $20. The buyer made an offer of $25 and since this was at or greater than your minimum offer it triggered a price request email to you."

:xf.frown:

•••
I pulled all Afternic listings.

Tired of getting 'price requests' that led to nowhere.
Thanks for the post. Allows me to totally rule out Afternic as a potential marketplace.

•••
I received a price request couple days ago. Set bin at 999
Just searched the name at daddy, it comes up with price and 1 bid/offer

For make offer it says 649$ or more. Not a number i put up. Off to afternic to see what it is set at there

Min offer is 200$ at afternic.

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back