IT.COM

Afternic price request

NameSilo
Watch

topdom

Top Member
Impact
I'm familiar to Sedo and new to Afternic.

There are no offers, just price requests.

So I'm supposed to add a buy now price. So I'm making a binding offer, but buyer is not making any offer, and I don't know even if it really exists.

This doesn't make much sense to me. And for more than half of voters afternic was number 1. Strange.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Ask them if there was an offer.

•••
Surely you're not required to post a Buy Now price. I don't do Afternic, but is this the policy?

Are you negotiating?

<<< Confused

•••
Surely you're not required to post a Buy Now price. I don't do Afternic, but is this the policy?

Well if he got a price request and wants to sell it's probably best give a price :xf.laugh:

•••
•••
•••
BIN price is required. I don't want to post a BIN price. If I post a BIN price I can't post a BIN price elsewhere.

•••
BIN price is required. I don't want to post a BIN price. If I post a BIN price I can't post a BIN price elsewhere.

Then no sail for you? :)

•••
Why would anyone make a price request at Afternic, if it is parked at Sedo.

•••

So I'm supposed to add a buy now price. So I'm making a binding offer, but buyer is not making any offer, and I don't know even if it really exists.

This doesn't make much sense to me. And for more than half of voters afternic was number 1. Strange.

When you have hundreds of domains listed these emails drive you nuts. If I put in 1k as a minimum then I don't really care about any offer where someone is interested but has not decided to purchase yet. Even if I out in nothing, at least make an opening offer.

It drove me nuts, I removed all my domains, it was a useless marketplace for me. Now on my own landing page you must make a minimum 1k bid and that is exactly how I like it.

•••
On Afternic, a price request is just that -- a request. Not a requirement.

•••
I had the same question a few months ago, peers here gave me some good thoughts and advice, you may search in my history for that thread if you like. The most valuable advice was - you can ask AN what kind of an offer/request that was, and then decide what to do accordingly. Of course you may wait for their reply for days.

You can put your BIN to AN, and then if nothing happens in a few days, switch it back to where it was.

•••
Wouldn't it make more sense to create a landing page with contact info and ip checker, like an Efty page, and then direct buyers to Sedo or Afternic, or another marketplace.

I had a domain at Epik which I sold at Sedo, if sold at Epik, transaction would be instant. At Sedo it is taking weeks or maybe will take months. I'm losing trust at Escrow services, and prefer direct sales whenever possible.

Last edited:
•••
i had one today... they said fron gd auctions.. why cant we just negotiate these in afternic ... wouldnt that be easier for all... same 20% fee to afternic. @Joe Styler

ty

•••

Afternic is a buy it now platform. So if you do not have a buy it now set the system will prompt you for buy it now prices. It’s not actually a price request from a buyer. I experienced this when I started with afternic, one of their reps informed me.

•••

We sell a lot of domains for people. Ultimately we cannot sell your domain unless you give us a price. We can't tell the buyer, "Well yeah, it's for sale. How much? We don't know. I guess just keep making offers with no feedback until the seller agrees."
When we have a buyer the chances of you selling your name with a price vs. no price goes up more than 2x. There are other factors that also increase the sales rate, such as a quick reply to a price. For a lot of buyers a domain purchase is an impulse buy. If you are not able to close the deal quickly you lose that sale. We have extensive research on this.
A great place to start if you want more info is last year's Namescon Keynote where we shared the best practices for domain sales that we use ourselves.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back