IT.COM

Problem with Afternic

NameSilo
Watch
Impact
Hi,

I have 3 names registered with GoDaddy.

All 3 names have had their nameservers changed to Afternic. That’s why they resolve to an Afternic landing page.

However, NONE of them are in my Afternic account.

When I tried adding them, I received an error message stating that they were already in my Afternic account.

But when I tried looking it up in my Afternic portfolio, the names were NOT there.

So that’s the problem. I can’t add the names because Afternic says they’re already in my portfolio.

And I can’t set prices for the names because Afternic tells me those names don’t exist in my portfolio.

Afternic replied that those 3 names are in my Uniregistry account.

Huh? What? They're in GoDaddy.

If anyone has any ideas on this, please let me know.

Thanks.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Just send the proof of the ownership to Afternic (basic screenshot from the back end of whoever it is - GoDaddy or Uniregistry, with a domain name on it) and Afternic will remove it from their system. Then you can re-list. Problem solved.

•••
Hi,

Afternic replied that those 3 names are in my Uniregistry account.
Godaddy now owns Uni. So maybe its considered one listing?

•••
In the few recent weeks I had a lot of domains disappearing randomly, had no problems relisting them once noticed but Afternic just seems a little crazy nowadays.

•••
Just send the proof of the ownership to Afternic (basic screenshot from the back end of whoever it is - GoDaddy or Uniregistry, with a domain name on it) and Afternic will remove it from their system. Then you can re-list. Problem solved.

That's pretty much all it is to it. If you do have a Uniregistry account and the domains are listed underneath your account, then remove them and let it pass for like an hour or two and put it in your Afternic account that way. If your domains are still listed under someone else's account, then you need to send the screenshot to Afternic as proof that you are the current domain name owner.

I'll rejoice the day GD/AN lets you be able to confirm it yourself through TXT records though as they can be a bit slow when it comes to responding to your confirmation email(unless that's changed, haven't had to do it for awhile.)

•••
Many thanks to you guys for the suggestions!

•••
Thats true. Afternic team is great , @domainica , you can send to their email : "service(@)afternic.com" with your domain screenshot and ask them to remove the domain from previous listing. They usually give you respond in 1- 2 days, sometime under 24 hours

•••
Back