Dynadot

discuss There is Only Value in Domains if They Are Used

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

News

Hand-picked NewsTop Member
Impact
People don’t seem to understand a domain name holds value beyond how it is presently being used, and that way of thinking is a mistake.
I am not really sure what can be done to explain the value proposition to someone who doesn’t understand because many people who inquire about domain names either can’t afford a high value domain name or their budget won’t allow it...
Read More

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I've come to the conclusion that in most instances I'll let 'life' teach people lessons about most things, and not spend too much time trying to correct perceptions. I'll deal with them after they've had a perception correction that they got elsewhere.

In this instance I'd likely tell people to check around more and see if they can find as good or better a domain for their purposes, for the same or less $. If they can, good for them. If they can't, then they'll more likely come back with some purchasing expectations that are more realistic.

It's an approach that's worked for Me so far - My personality and My situation.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back