Dynadot

discuss There is nothing wrong with being a bad person.

NameSilo
Watch

sansmidman

Established Member
Impact
There is nothing wrong with being a bad person. There is a fundamental flaw built into the human psyche and the foundation of that flaw has to do with the fact that we are tribal. Before I can point to what this flaw is, I need to use another tribal identity creature on this planet as an example. Chimpanzees. They have a tribal identity. Their loyalty is to their clan or in other words they have no loyalty to the ones that are not part of their clan. Tribal identities have to be constantly maintained and in the Chimpanzee world, this looks like territorial disputes as their tribal identity is attached to a physical boundary. Sometimes these disputes can even lead to war where a clan be completely annihilated. Would you say the chimps that won are the bad ones and the ones that died are good ones? Of course we can say they are animals and that nature is brutal and we are not like them. We are special, right???

Let's go back to humans. We too have deadly territorial disputes but we are lot more complicated than a chimpanzee and we can do things no chimps can do such as language as we use it. And here lies the fundamental flaw, it happened when humans began to attach their tribal identity to words especially by adding judgements to those words. As I mentioned in the "Karen" thread, the is how the modern human tribal identity looks like. The "Karen" tribe allows us to feel morally superior because we are not part of the morally inferior karens. Language that sets us apart and allows us to communicate lot more efficiently than any other creature also allows us to go deeper into a tribal identity, far beyond the imagination of any chimp. We can use words to identify who belongs to what tribe and we don't need to think twice about a person as long as we know what tribe they belong to.

Consequences:
The biggest consequence of tribal identity species creating a civilization is that everywhere you look, you would see team vs team for that is the only way a tribal species can make sense of things. It would be damn near impossible for them to work together as one species representing one planet

Seahawks vs 49ers
Left vs Right
Cops vs Civilians

When I say "bad person", you didn't have to think twice about not wanting to associate with whoever was in the "bad person" tribe, did you? There is nothing wrong about being a bad or hateful person except the judgements attached to those words. It is like our 'Overlord and Savior, Emperor Palpatine' said:
"Good is a point of view, Anakin"

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Hi

as long as there is balance, in nature and in tribes, humans, and animals,
then bad and good is equal

when there is an inbalance or inequalities exists, then you got trouble

I may elaborate in future thread

imo

Last edited:
•••
All in moderation, friends.

Entitlement, that's where things get dicey. Chimps, they do things out of necessity. Or, do they?? Heh. Keep in mind, we're only a few chromosomes apart from a banana..

•••
Deep discussion;

Dont let message get hijacked by anarchists.

Peace and Love;
Samer

Last edited:
•••
There is nothing wrong with being a bad person. There is a fundamental flaw built into the human psyche and the foundation of that flaw has to do with the fact that we are tribal. Before I can point to what this flaw is, I need to use another tribal identity creature on this planet as an example. Chimpanzees. They have a tribal identity. Their loyalty is to their clan or in other words they have no loyalty to the ones that are not part of their clan. Tribal identities have to be constantly maintained and in the Chimpanzee world, this looks like territorial disputes as their tribal identity is attached to a physical boundary. Sometimes these disputes can even lead to war where a clan be completely annihilated. Would you say the chimps that won are the bad ones and the ones that died are good ones? Of course we can say they are animals and that nature is brutal and we are not like them. We are special, right???

Let's go back to humans. We too have deadly territorial disputes but we are lot more complicated than a chimpanzee and we can do things no chimps can do such as language as we use it. And here lies the fundamental flaw, it happened when humans began to attach their tribal identity to words especially by adding judgements to those words. As I mentioned in the "Karen" thread, the is how the modern human tribal identity looks like. The "Karen" tribe allows us to feel morally superior because we are not part of the morally inferior karens. Language that sets us apart and allows us to communicate lot more efficiently than any other creature also allows us to go deeper into a tribal identity, far beyond the imagination of any chimp. We can use words to identify who belongs to what tribe and we don't need to think twice about a person as long as we know what tribe they belong to.

Consequences:
The biggest consequence of tribal identity species creating a civilization is that everywhere you look, you would see team vs team for that is the only way a tribal species can make sense of things. It would be damn near impossible for them to work together as one species representing one planet

Seahawks vs 49ers
Left vs Right
Cops vs Civilians

When I say "bad person", you didn't have to think twice about not wanting to associate with whoever was in the "bad person" tribe, did you? There is nothing wrong about being a bad or hateful person except the judgements attached to those words. It is like our 'Overlord and Savior, Emperor Palpatine' said:

as a new member, this is what you are trying to tell the NP members?

One might think you plan evil things and want to receive upfront absolution.

But pretending you are an honest and thoughtful human being
I agree that the evil/good coining only serves the mighty
to make you feel inferior

"the main cause of human problems is the thinking of 'we against them' " -Gurdjief

Last edited:
•••
Hi

as long as there is balance, in nature and in tribes, humans, and animals,
then bad and good is equal

when there is an inbalance or inequalities exists, then you got trouble

I may elaborate in future thread

imo

Balance is only possible in a closed system like balance within one tribe. If multiple tribes could co-exist in balance, Earth would look very different than how we experience it now. For humans, balance might only be possible when we switch from a tribal identity into a global one.

as a new member, this is what you are trying to tell the NP members?

One might think you plan evil things and want to receive upfront absolution.

But pretending you are an honest and thoughtful human being
I agree that the evil/good coining only serves the mighty
to make you feel inferior

Absolution from you? from others in this forum? The seminal point of that long novel I wrote was simply that it shouldn't matter what anyone thinks about you. We can use your words right here to point out how humans are tribal and they are unable the process the world without tribal categorizations.

"As a new member" - What does that have to do with the discussion at hand, This was your human brain's attempt at categorizing me in a tribe that YOU are not part of.

"Pretending you are an honest and thoughtful human being" - Do you need to pretend and believe that somebody is a honest and thoughtful human being before you can interact with them? Do you not want to associate with a "bad person"?

"I agree that the evil/good coining only serves the mighty
to make you feel inferior"-
How many times did you feel superior today comparing yourself to others?

We are tribal at an individual and at a communal level. We need a software update.

Last edited:
•••
Balance is only possible in a closed system like balance within one tribe. If multiple tribes could co-exist in balance, Earth would look very different than how we experience it now. For humans, balance might only be possible when we switch from a tribal identity into a global one.

Hi

that is exactly what I meant, when speaking of balance
for humans, if we don't start to see life, on a global scale, then we won't survive.

Nature, has already pressed the reset button.

imo...

•••
Back