IT.COM
Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Who is to Blame for the Troubled US Economy?

• This poll is still running and the standings may change.
  • Both Parties

votes
    44.7%
  • Neither Party

votes
    9.5%
  • Democrats

votes
    22.3%
  • Republicans

votes
    23.5%
  • This poll is still running and the standings may change.

Impact
Here you can spout your USA political views.

Rules:
1. Keep it clean
2. No fighting
3. Respect the views of others.
4. US Political views, No Religious views
5. Have fun :)

:wave:

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Looks like you figured it out. The part you don't believe is what is happening. The only thing you didn't mention was the "Great Reset" or "New World Order".
That's where the conspiracy theory comes in. The beauty of it is that you and others who believe it will always be able to find bits and pieces of out-of-context information that supports your beliefs, and they'll never be disproved because you contend that it's all being brilliantly orchestrated right under our noses, and 99% of us have taken the bait.

There, but for the grace of God, go you and the other 1% who will keep fighting the good fight because you're the only ones with the intellectual fortitude to see through it all.

So that's really where the discussion ends. There's no disproving a conspiracy theory.

Fight on brother! I'm off to eat some Soylent Green.... I mean hamburgers!

•••
LOL. Some Qanon nonsense.
Has Q ever been right about anything?

The Q posts are known to the faithful as "breadcrumbs." The people who then try to figure out what they mean are called "bakers." According to The Daily Beast's Will Sommer, QAnon believers also spend a lot of time trying to figure out who in the government is a "white hat" Trump supporter and who is a "black hat" in league with the deep state. Their rallying cry is "where we go one, we go all," a line from the 1996 Jeff Bridges sailing adventure "White Squall" that they misattribute to President Kennedy.

The phrase is frequently abbreviated to "WWG1WGA," which Roseanne Barr — one of several celebrity QAnon supporters — tweeted in June 2018. Former Red Sox pitcher and current right-wing radio host Curt Schilling has also promoted QAnon online.

we r the army of truth-wwg1wga

— Roseanne Barr (@therealroseanne) June 20, 2018

•••
•••
Last edited:
•••
Thanks, i agree;

i see tham as a big bad Boogeyman.

It’s the “cancel culture” i disagree with;
(Leftist Specialty) I’m on Curt’s side here, idk why :)
https://mobile.twitter.com/gehrig38/status/1349209399877922819?ref_src=twsrc^tfw|twcamp^tweetembed|twterm^1349209399877922819|twgr^|twcon^s1_&ref_url=https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/

When is JFK Jr. coming back? According to Q he is still alive.

Now that Trump lost, there is limited time for him to be Trump's VP as predicted. :)

Brad

Last edited:
•••
so a “taste of their own medicine” of sorts.

They already lost $53 Billion in market cap

Twitter is going to bounce back. Do you know why? A little thing called reach. Remember, when Hillary lost all the crying memes you guys did. You guys are much worse, it's not even close. That's where you guys are at right now. See the title of this thread:

Rick Schwartz threatens to leave Twitter AGAIN!

See that last word? Again. So apparently he's threatened to leave before, but never actually closes the account.

All those on the Right still crying will go try out other places, that have TOS as well, that ban people as well, but they'll be places with people just like them. A lot of people involved in politics enjoy the back and forth, dissenting opinion, it's a business for many. Business is better when you have more activity. Take this thread. If it's only Trumpers posting, it's pretty dead. It's why most who are crying all over social media, don't actually close out their accounts. And the reach these companies have is why they'll come back or really never left in the first place. It's just a show, people needy of attention.

Twitter's stock bounces toward snapping 6-day losing streak after MKM analyst raises rating, price target
https://www.marketwatch.com/story/t...analyst-raises-rating-price-target-2021-01-13

Last edited:
•••
•••
Last edited:
•••
I'm totally on board with the notion that deaths attributed to COVID alone have been blown out of proportion.
Don't fall into the deniers nonsense. Covid-19 true death toll is actually higher than the official reported toll.
A lot of people have died on their house by covid-19 but haven't been added to the covid-19 death toll because they simply haven't been tested.

From March 15 to Dec. 5. Altogether, the analysis shows that 377,000 more people than normal have died in the United States during that period.
So, what has happened different this year, to have 377,000 more deaths in the US than previous years, from March 15 to Dec. 5? Yes, you are right, that's covid-19.

----------

From data from March 15 to Dec. 5: (when the official US covid-19 death toll was 287,000) if you check https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/country/us/

True Pandemic Toll in the U.S. Reaches 377,000

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2020/us/covid-death-toll-us.html

"Deaths in every state of the country are higher than they would be in a normal year, according to an analysis of estimates from the Center for Disease Control and Prevention.

The data show how the coronavirus pandemic, which is peaking in many states, is bringing with it unusual patterns of death, higher than the official totals of deaths that have been directly linked to the virus.

Deaths nationwide were 19 percent higher than normal from March 15 to Dec. 5. Altogether, the analysis shows that 377,000 more people than normal have died in the United States during that period, a number that may be an undercount since recent death statistics are still being updated.

Epidemiologists refer to fatalities in the gap between the observed and normal numbers of deaths as "excess deaths."

Last edited:
•••
•••
•••
Screenshot_20210114-155653.png

•••
Don't fall into the deniers nonsense. Covid-19 true death toll is actually higher than the official reported toll.
A lot of people have died on their house by covid-19 but haven't been added to the covid-19 death toll because they simply haven't been tested.

From March 15 to Dec. 5. Altogether, the analysis shows that 377,000 more people than normal have died in the United States during that period.
So, what has happened different this year, to have 377,000 more deaths in the US than previous years, from March 15 to Dec. 5? Yes, you are right, that's covid-19.

----------

From data from March 15 to Dec. 5: (when the official US covid-19 death toll was 287,000) if you check https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/country/us/

True Pandemic Toll in the U.S. Reaches 377,000

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2020/us/covid-death-toll-us.html

"Deaths in every state of the country are higher than they would be in a normal year, according to an analysis of estimates from the Center for Disease Control and Prevention.

The data show how the coronavirus pandemic, which is peaking in many states, is bringing with it unusual patterns of death, higher than the official totals of deaths that have been directly linked to the virus.

Deaths nationwide were 19 percent higher than normal from March 15 to Dec. 5. Altogether, the analysis shows that 377,000 more people than normal have died in the United States during that period, a number that may be an undercount since recent death statistics are still being updated.

Epidemiologists refer to fatalities in the gap between the observed and normal numbers of deaths as "excess deaths."
I'm sure there's truth in that information. There are certainly deaths caused by COVID that aren't reported.

On the flip side there are also deaths attributed to COVID that either were caused by something else while the person had COVID, or that would have occurred anyway.

I'm not saying that a lot of people aren't dying from COVID. I'm just saying that the prospect of death by COVID shouldn't be a scary thing for the average person.

The measures we're taking (lockdowns, masks, distancing) are primarily to ease the burden on the healthcare system, not to save us from the deadliness of COVID.

Great comparison of COVID and the Flu here from Johns Hopkins:

https://www.hopkinsmedicine.org/hea...ronavirus/coronavirus-disease-2019-vs-the-flu

They conclude that COVID is certainly more deadly than the flu (up to 10 times more), but when the flu only kills about .05% of people infected, it's still pretty paltry from a statistical standpoint.

•••
•••
•••
•••
•••
White supremacy is what fuels unfounded hatred and bigotry in America. Until white supremacy is collectively extinguished, it will remain an issue that goes to the very core of Democracy.

White supremacy is the deepest, darkest, sickness affecting the people of our country. America will not realize its true potential until white supremacy and racism are eradicated.

I could go through the years ... explain how really far race relations have come... How white supremacy is at its very lowest almost in any time throughout history ... there is no reason for me to write all of that.... people already know .... perhaps the younger don't know because they didn't live during very racial times... But their parents or grand parents have probably spoken to them about the times of harsh racism.

•••
I could go through the years ... explain how really far race relations have come... How white supremacy is at its very lowest almost in any time throughout history ... there is no reason for me to write all of that.... people already know .... perhaps the younger don't know because they didn't live during very racial times... But their parents or grand parents have probably spoken to them about the times of harsh racism.

You could do that but you would be wrong. It went back up under Trump.

White nationalist hate groups have grown 55% in Trump era, report finds
https://www.theguardian.com/world/2...alist-hate-groups-southern-poverty-law-center

Last edited:
•••
I am a Red Sox fan, and Curt is still a piece of shit. With that said, I don't support anything like that.

What does an insurance policy really have to do with anything?

Could be a simple business decision. Depends on what type of insurance he has with AIG. Maybe they feel he may have increased his level of risk for (whatever) with his actions, and as a result of that, they feel they are more exposed financially.

Great comparison of COVID and the Flu here from Johns Hopkins:

https://www.hopkinsmedicine.org/hea...ronavirus/coronavirus-disease-2019-vs-the-flu

They conclude that COVID is certainly more deadly than the flu (up to 10 times more), but when the flu only kills about .05% of people infected, it's still pretty paltry from a statistical standpoint.

According to the numbers here, the mortality rate is running about 1.7%. If that rate continues, that means we could conceivably see about 5.61 million people die before it's all over if the spread continues unchecked. (pop of 330,000,000 x .017 = 5,6100,00)

Personally, I don't care to be one of the 5+ million. And this doesn't even address the long term and/or possibly permanent complications and residual issues that many are experiencing. Plus, let's not ignore the financial burden many will experience due to a serious infection even if they do survive it.

Last edited:
•••
-

Last edited:
•••
According to the numbers here, the mortality rate is running about 1.7%. If that rate continues, that means we could conceivably see about 5.61 million people die before it's all over if the spread continues unchecked. (pop of 330,000,000 x .017 = 5,6100,00)

Personally, I don't care to be one of the 5+ million. And this doesn't even address the long term and/or possibly permanent complications and residual issues that many are experiencing. Plus, let's not ignore the financial burden many will experience due to a serious infection even if they do survive it.
That data doesn't seem to include infected people who weren't tested. It's actually kind of a good example of how we can spin data to make things look better or worse.

I'm not saying COVID isn't terrible. It is. It's highly contagious, more fatal than the flu, and has the potential to completely overwhelm our healthcare systems. It needs to be handled. I just don't think we need to live in fear of it unless we're in a high risk group.

•••
On the flip side there are also deaths attributed to COVID that either were caused by something else while the person had COVID, or that would have occurred anyway.
Please, read again slowly: 377,000 excess deaths compared to the normal death rate of previous years.
Deaths that "would have happened anyway" fall into the "normal death rate."
377,000 MORE deaths than previous years (March 15 to December 5) fall into the "excess death rate."
It really doesn't take much to understand the cause of this excess of 377,000 deaths compared to the normal number of deaths rate.
The measures we're taking (lockdowns, masks, distancing) are primarily to ease the burden on the healthcare system, not to save us from the deadliness of COVID.
Man, the lockdowns and masks are precisely to save your life and the lives of the people around you.
Healthcare systems already get surpassed even with lockdowns and masks. Without them it would be just a massacre.
I just don't think we need to live in fear of it unless we're in a high risk group.
Nobody is asking you to live in fear. Just put the mask and take social distance so you don't infect the people around you and kill them.
By the way, your way of thinking is a bit selfish ... "since I'm not in the risk group, I can do anything because I'm safe."
Well, I can tell you that if you get infected by covid-19 and get a mild disease, you probably won't die, but there's a high possibility that your brain gets permanently damaged making you unable to remember what happened 10 minutes ago, or your heart is permanently damaged for the rest of your life. You may still think that you are safe, but no, you are not in any way.

Last edited:
•••
•••
You could do that but you would be wrong. It went back up under Trump.

White nationalist hate groups have grown 55% in Trump era, report finds
https://www.theguardian.com/world/2...alist-hate-groups-southern-poverty-law-center

My wife alerted me to something she heard on the evening news..... she said the news was speaking of a possibility of race riots or a race war ... i was busy working when she came and told me..... neither my wife or myself would be surprised one bit if this were to happen.... although neither of us think it would be a on a very large scale should it take place .... there is what i consider to be a small amount of White and a small amount of Black that wishes to have such confrontation with each other.... there are people on both sides that desire such an event.... if it breaks out ..... it will accomplish nothing as America has 330 million people ... out of that 330 million people ... there is a handful of white and black that wish to fight IMO

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back