IT.COM
Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
Hi

For this, let's assume that .tel will not be a total flop.

What type of keywords will be most valuable for this extension? Will it be geographical keywords, like newyork.tel, losangeles.tel, etc, or what else?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
for all the people in this forum who don't like .tel, I don't think your comments will sway Public Joe's opinion either, all it is doing is making this thread a complete joke.
Nobody is here to sway general public opinion. NamePros is essentially an investment forum, so you should expect two vocal sides of an investment.

Would you take your above statement to a stock market forum?

"For all the investors who don't like Ford, your comments will not sway Joe Car Buyer's opinion. All you are doing is making this thread a complete joke."

That would sound really crazy, and it sounds crazy on a domain investment forum also.

---------- Post added at 04:34 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:11 AM ----------

.TV is strong as ever
You are seriously out of touch with reality.

Reported .TV sales

2009: 13
2008: 271
2007: 197
2006: 20

•••
Tell me, what do you do with banana.tel or coconut.tel

Answer: you wait for them to expire.

At least this guy did something fun: frisbee.tel

But not making money out of domains, isn't fun.

Oh look, it's sausage.tel - lettuce.tel sure looks green.

I wanted my local police department number so I went to police.tel and found some French!

Take a banana.tel and a coconut.tel and head for the beach.tel with your frisbee.tel - play around for a bit and you'll find the sausage.tel naturally migrating towards the lettuce.tel :lol: Just be sure to avoid the police.tel

Take it easy people, no need to take it personally or to get personal with other members. Keep it clean if you wish to continue the thread, don't make it so that we have to either close the thread or ban you from it. Everyone is entitled to waste their money as they see fit, so one shouldn't have an issue with that.

.Tel is relatively new and can't be 'developed' in the traditional sense of the word, and the jury is still way out on it but I still wouldn't sell the ones (10) I do own for reg fee. :)

•••
•••
Sounds like a .mobi enthusiast post about .mobi 6 months after it came out. The similarities between that extension and .tel in terms of how things have progressed and people's reactions to it are mind boggling.
Exactly. History repeats itself, different extension, same hysteria :gl:

•••
Classic Telster attack. This type of commentary is totally unnecessary and creates a negative impression on the entire TelePump™ Crew. IMO. (:talk:)

Hey Genius, read the thread. Classic Basher Attack Started It, I'm telling Mom.:bah:

Go Burn One and Read It Again. :tri:

---------- Post added at 11:18 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:16 AM ----------

I would like to think the Telsters are intelligent domainers and developers who are trying to exploit a new TLD by pumping and dumping, but the contents of this thread paint a much different picture.

An Intelligent One Of The Future, To Be Sure. :hehe:

---------- Post added at 11:20 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:18 AM ----------

The founder of Namepros has stated unequivocally that this extension WILL fail. I guess that's not enough weight for you guys.

Ohhhhhhhhhhhh Noooooooooooooo, I quit. :bah:

---------- Post added at 11:23 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:20 AM ----------

Take it easy people, no need to take it personally or to get personal with other members. Keep it clean if you wish to continue the thread, don't make it so that we have to either close the thread or ban you from it. Everyone is entitled to waste their money as they see fit, so one shouldn't have an issue with that.

That's the Basher Goal ... You'll notice I only counter Basher quotes when they feel it necessary to post garbage.

Left unanswered, someone might actually believe their jokes ... it's the classic Basher technique ...

Post to Deter Success, and If Answered, draw an emotional response to crash the system.

They win either way. All we can do is answer and keep the post open.

just .tel'n it like it is :talk:

Last edited:
•••
this ridiculous nonsense is why i cant read this thread anymore. i tried to steer the conversation in a more productive direction by raising a legitimate question, and its quickly buried pages deep by all of the parrying and the tally-ho. epic fail

•••
Stay smart and you won't end up in the position of having to stay positive.

Stay positive and you won't end up in the position of having to be smart ... just smarter.

•••
Exactly. History repeats itself, different extension, same hysteria :gl:

Yes.
I've seen this kind of thing have happened over and over for numerous new extensions.

•••
Go Burn One and Read It Again. :tri:

Thanks for the peer pressure but it probably wouldn't help. However, when it comes to massive .TEL registration sprees, a few .TEL thread peeps should learn when to "just say no". IMO. :p

Attachments

• stoner.gif
    stoner.gif
    1.2 KB · Views: 49
•••
"First they ignore you, then they ridicule you, then they fight you, then you win." - Gandhi

•••
Yeah, if my history lessons were correct I think Gandhi was referring to .TEL when he made that statement.

Brad

"First they ignore you, then they ridicule you, then they fight you, then you win." - Gandhi

•••
Yeah, if my history lessons were correct I think Gandhi was referring to .TEL when he made that statement.

Brad

Yes.

Gandhi was a big fan of .tel I believe.

•••
List of remaining premium LLL TEL.

The letters that are generally considered to be premium are (ABCDEFGHILMNOPRST).

Here's an update of the All Premium Letter LLL TELs that are still unregistered. By all premium, I mean that all three letters consist of a premium letter. There are 17 x 17 x 17 combinations: 4,913.

List valid as of 11:42 AM PST, Sep 12, 2009

Total remaining all premium LLL: 247.
Total registered all premium LLL: 4,666.

This list is for information only. If I missed something, my apologies in advance. :)

Names starting with the letters:

A - None remaining
B - None remaining
C - None remaining
D - None remaining

Code:
[COLOR=Red][SIZE=3]E - 10 remaining[/SIZE][/COLOR]

eah.tel
ebh.tel
efn.tel
egd.tel
egh.tel
ehd.tel
ehp.tel
eht.tel
eih.tel
elh.tel

[COLOR=Red][SIZE=3]F - 35 remaining[/SIZE][/COLOR]

fbe.tel
fbg.tel
fcf.tel
fch.tel
ffp.tel
fgd.tel
fge.tel
fgl.tel
fgn.tel
fgo.tel
fgp.tel
fgr.tel
fhc.tel
fhd.tel
fhe.tel
fho.tel
fht.tel
flh.tel
fmh.tel
fmn.tel
fne.tel
fno.tel
fnp.tel
fnr.tel
fnt.tel
fpe.tel
fpg.tel
fph.tel
fpi.tel
fpn.tel
fpr.tel
frh.tel
frn.tel
ftg.tel
ftt.tel

[COLOR=Red][SIZE=3]G - 12 remaining[/SIZE][/COLOR]

gbf.tel
gcf.tel
gdh.tel
gfr.tel
ggh.tel
ggm.tel
ggn.tel
glh.tel
glr.tel
gnh.tel
gpf.tel
grf.tel

[COLOR=Red][SIZE=3]H - 34 remaining[/SIZE][/COLOR]

hbg.tel
hbt.tel
hco.tel
hdo.tel
hfd.tel
hfe.tel
hff.tel
hfh.tel
hfl.tel
hfn.tel
hfo.tel
hgd.tel
hge.tel
hgg.tel
hgl.tel
hgr.tel
hhg.tel
hlb.tel
hle.tel
hlf.tel
hlg.tel
hli.tel
hlo.tel
hlr.tel
hnf.tel
hng.tel
hnp.tel
hnr.tel
hpf.tel
hpl.tel
hrn.tel
hsl.tel
htd.tel
htn.tel

[COLOR=Red][SIZE=3]I - 15 remaining[/SIZE][/COLOR]

ibh.tel
ieh.tel
ifd.tel
ifg.tel
ifh.tel
igd.tel
ihd.tel
ihl.tel
ihp.tel
ilb.tel
ilf.tel
ilr.tel
iog.tel
ioh.tel
iph.tel

[COLOR=Red][SIZE=3]L - 35 remaining[/SIZE][/COLOR]

lbf.tel
lbr.tel
lcb.tel
lcf.tel
lde.tel
ldf.tel
ldo.tel
ldt.tel
lfa.tel
lfd.tel
lfe.tel
lfh.tel
lfi.tel
lfm.tel
lfo.tel
lfr.tel
lgf.tel
lgm.tel
lgn.tel
lgp.tel
lgr.tel
lhb.tel
lhf.tel
lhi.tel
lht.tel
lmh.tel
lmr.tel
lnf.tel
lnm.tel
lno.tel
lnr.tel
lpb.tel
lph.tel
lrf.tel
lro.tel
lrp.tel
lrr.tel
ltf.tel

[COLOR=Red][SIZE=3]M - 4 remaining[/SIZE][/COLOR]

mfb.tel
mfe.tel
mhg.tel
mlh.tel

[COLOR=Red][SIZE=3]N - 18 remaining[/SIZE][/COLOR]

nbh.tel
ndf.tel
nfd.tel
nfe.tel
nff.tel
nfp.tel
ngh.tel
nhf.tel
nhg.tel
nlf.tel
nlg.tel
nlh.tel
nli.tel
nmf.tel
nmo.tel
nnf.tel
nrf.tel
nrh.tel

[COLOR=Red][SIZE=3]O - 39 remaining[/SIZE][/COLOR]

obf.tel
obh.tel
ocg.tel
odh.tel
oeh.tel
oep.tel
oet.tel
ofb.tel
ofd.tel
ofg.tel
ofh.tel
ofm.tel
ofn.tel
ofp.tel
ofr.tel
ogb.tel
ogd.tel
ogh.tel
ogn.tel
ogp.tel
ohd.tel
ohf.tel
ohn.tel
oht.tel
oif.tel
oig.tel
oim.tel
olh.tel
oln.tel
olr.tel
omh.tel
onb.tel
onf.tel
onh.tel
onr.tel
opb.tel
oph.tel
orh.tel
otd.tel

[COLOR=Red][SIZE=3]P - 13 remaining[/SIZE][/COLOR]

pdh.tel
pfb.tel
pfg.tel
pfh.tel
pgf.tel
pgg.tel
pgl.tel
phb.tel
phg.tel
phm.tel
plh.tel
prh.tel
ptf.tel

[COLOR=Red][SIZE=3]R - 22 remaining[/SIZE][/COLOR]

rbf.tel
rbh.tel
rfb.tel
rfh.tel
rgf.tel
rgh.tel
rgo.tel
rhf.tel
rhg.tel
rhn.tel
rih.tel
rlg.tel
rlh.tel
rli.tel
rll.tel
rlo.tel
rlp.tel
rlt.tel
rnh.tel
rni.tel
rnl.tel
rph.tel

[COLOR=Red][SIZE=3]S - 2 remaining[/SIZE][/COLOR]

sfh.tel
sgf.tel

[COLOR=Red][SIZE=3]T - 6 remaining[/SIZE][/COLOR]

tfg.tel
tfh.tel
thh.tel
thl.tel
tnh.tel
tph.tel

Last edited by a moderator:
•••
Based on the NamePros.com RTOS excerpts that appear below (my emphasis added), I respectfully request that the NamePros leadership enforce the existing RTOS to which all NamePros Members have agreed as a condition of NamePros' membership - or in the alternative, I would ask that the NamePros Administrators make material changes to the RTOS that reflect the current tone and character of member posts within this thread. At least then I would know what to expect.

I have great respect for the NamePros organization and believe the current RTOS, represents the basis for a professional, nurturing forum that allows for innovation, collaboration, growth and a special sense of community for its participants.

While vigorous debate is healthy and necessary within any community and clearly advances the objectives set forth in the RTOS, in my opinion, disruptive activity does not. By way of analogy, the current NamePros RTOS could easily be adopted as a code of conduct for team members within an enterprise setting who have been charged with accomplishing a given task or objective for their employer. In my experience, an employer would not tolerate activity and interactions that would be divisive, distracting and destructive to the stated purpose for which the team was assembled.

Which begs the question: Why are we here and what are our objectives? I look to the NamePros RTOS for the answer:

Rules & Terms of Service
NamePros.com Terms of Service

1.1) Be Polite! - Do not post any messages that are obscene, vulgar, sexually-orientated, hateful, threatening, or otherwise violative of any laws. Be polite! Debate and heated discussions are okay, however posting rude, attacking, insulting, profane and uncalled for comments are not allowed and may result in the permanent termination of your account.

1.6) We strive to maintain a professional atmosphere on our forum. Please do try to post in a manner that people can read and understand. Usage of pager talk (text message style, ie: u and ur ) or "leet" talk is discouraged.

1.10) As a forum Staff, our primary focus is building and nurturing the NamePros community. We respect that every forum has their own unique qualities of good and bad, however we ask that you do not use NamePros or WebDesignTalk to promote, OR conversely, to depreciate other domain name or web design related discussion forums.

3.4) NamePros is a privately operated website. NamePros Management and Staff reserves the right to limit, close, or remove, either temporarily or indefinitely, any user's account deemed to be in violation of these terms of service. If your account is closed, you can still communicate to site staff and management by posting on either of two private forums we have in place ("Account Closed? Post Here" and "Private Messages to Management"). Membership is a privilege not a right.

Last edited:
•••
Based on the NamePros.com RTOS excerpts that appear below (my emphasis added), I respectfully request that the NamePros leadership enforce the existing RTOS
WordWalker, I told you awhile back to just add people to your ignore list if you can't bear to read opposition. As I said yesterday, NP is an investment forum. There is going to be both pumpers and dumpers, and that is a really good thing.

Nothing is stopping you from joining in on the conversations, which have been reasonably civil all the way through. There have been a number of outbursts (mostly by pumpers), but who cares? This thread is a tame little kitten compared to what has gone on at other boards over the years.

---------- Post added at 05:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:36 PM ----------

this ridiculous nonsense is why i cant read this thread anymore. i tried to steer the conversation in a more productive direction by raising a legitimate question, and its quickly buried pages deep by all of the parrying and the tally-ho. epic fail
You wanted to talk about .tel on the mobile front. I replied looking for things that .tel brings that mobile .com's haven't addressed yet. I opened the door for some .tel positives to be posted, and nobody came to the table. That is typical of this thread.

It's easier to say ".tel is better than .com on mobile!" than it is to say ".tel is better than .com on mobile because..." And that is why the fans want certain people removed from the thread.... So that they can post nothing but shallow statements in support of each other and see 10,000 posts of blue skies.

•••
It's easier to say ".tel is better than .com on mobile!" than it is to say ".tel is better than .com on mobile because..." And that is why the fans want certain people removed from the thread.... So that they can post nothing but shallow statements in support of each other and see 10,000 posts of blue skies.

1) You're quoting a straw man that you invented, 2) .tel and .com are apples and oranges, 3) .tel's nature is its selling point.

You don't like it - we know, and that's absolutely fine. There's no reason to keep restating your opinions.

You're obviously interested in .tel (I've given up trying to understand why) and you'll stick around, but please stick to discussing facts and new developments, then we'll all have a much more enjoyable time here.

•••
You don't like it - we know, and that's absolutely fine. There's no reason to keep restating your opinions.

Then what gives you the right to keep restating yours? Sounds like a double standard from my chair. IMO.

•••
I'm tired to heard these post about fighting .tel and non-.tel domainers. I come to visit here 3 times a day to read interesting thing but these last post were not at all except for bionichead who post 3 letter .tel

Now I skip these "fighting post" to same guy here (nasayers) and want to talk about real thing.

According to bionichead some remaining LLL.tel are still available and what I think is that LLL.tel is perfect for .tel because it's short and as you know that we can make a call with .tel url what if a company advertise hme.tel or any LLL.tel on TV or Radio witch will work with any live program like podcast too, people will be able to call faster that .tel than a phone number like 1-800-
In my opinion LLL.tel is a great investment and as still available I might reg some and will suggest domainers (nasayers too :) ) who miss the .tel start to do as well.

•••
1) You're quoting a straw man that you invented,
???

2) .tel and .com are apples and oranges,
3) .tel's nature is its selling point.
Then you should be able to list a number of things that .tel can do that .com cannot. Specifically, things that mean something to domainers. Please do. I'll get on the .tel bandwagon two seconds after you post a factual list.

While my theme has remained consistent, the content of my posts changes. The pumpers can't say the same.

but please stick to discussing facts and new developments
Each of my posts here already falls under that.

---------- Post added at 07:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:26 PM ----------

I think is that LLL.tel is perfect for .tel because it's short and as you know that we can make a call with .tel url what if a company advertise hme.tel or any LLL.tel on TV or Radio witch will work with any live program like podcast too, people will be able to call faster that .tel than a phone number like 1-800-
I'm sure you'll just label this as a naysayer reply since I'm not responding "Yeah baby that's what I'm talking about!", but I'll try anyway.

You talked about dialing a .tel instead of a phone number. Two questions for you.

1. In your opinion what year will this be possible for most people?
2. In what year do you think it will be put into practice by large advertisers?

•••
Then what gives you the right to keep restating yours? Sounds like a double standard from my chair. IMO.

I state substantive opinions about applications of the technology, and that's what I'm asking others to do - stick to the topic of .tel. By all means raise constructive criticism and suggestions for improvements, but the last couple of pages have been completely pointless.

•••
Good night Telsters™. See you soon. IMO.

Last edited:
•••
edit

Last edited:
•••
Interesting 5 minute gap between my last edit and your revision. IMO.

---------- Post added at 09:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:24 PM ----------

I've received tons of inquiries on my portfolio of ~50 premium category names, and most of the offers that followed were in the $5-10k range.

This might be the part that you were requesting I repost? IMO.

•••
2. In what year do you think it will be put into practice by large advertisers?

1. In your opinion what year will this be possible for most people? NOW!
2. In what year do you think it will be put into practice by large advertisers? 2 or 3 years

•••

The same year that PaddleBoard.me is worth more than reg fee. IMO.

Disclaimer: Please keep in mind that this is a FREE appraisal. This is a guess at quick flip resale value not an unrealistic end-user price. Often times my appraisals are rushed, too low, or too high. Sometimes my advice is totally wrong and occasionally downright dumb. If the post stamp is after 5:00pm EST, the chances are even greater that inaccuracies will occur due to blood alcohol levels.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back