Domain Empire
Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
Hi

For this, let's assume that .tel will not be a total flop.

What type of keywords will be most valuable for this extension? Will it be geographical keywords, like newyork.tel, losangeles.tel, etc, or what else?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
to the couple of naysayers here, rubadubdub and choir. I am slowly closing in on a page result you stirrers will probably still find issues with. aapl.tel has had almost nothing done regards backlinks etc. just simply filled out the primary page with a few forwarding links, a few days after GA release

"aapl"

now ranking on the 8th page and steadily climbing. (6th and 7th page on some country specific). anyhow, whatever. "aapl" has 3.5 to 3.8 million search results.

cheers

Indeed! Very nice.
Now if only you made a small script that would update the AAPL price directly in pseudo-realtime (every few minutes) on the .tel domain? :)

•••
Asking prices are always high for new extensions. Asking prices have nothing to do with the actual sale prices. I would caution any .tel investor to not consider the asking prices as an example of expectations for a selling price.

100% - asking price and final selling prices are very different animals. In an general name clearing exercise I have put up some quite good country and cityish .tel for sale at veeeery low prices and there has been zero interest- same with country .tv's. :zzz:

•••
AAPL autoupdate

Indeed! Very nice.
Now if only you made a small script that would update the AAPL price directly in pseudo-realtime (every few minutes) on the .tel domain? :)

Alternatively if you cant create a script, use the Tweet To TEL facility which will give daily updates indirectly to a subdomain pointing only to aapl.tel

•••
Oh my god, I can't believe it and I am speechless !!!

HarryPotter, Batman, iMac, BradPitt, AngelinaJolie, DavidBeckham, TomHanks, WillSmith ??? No way !!!

soooo many nice dot tel domains

Welcome to namepros

Get a refund on the names...... Trademark issue

•••
grrr ...

Just got a server down screen as I was checking out .....(dynadot) with some nice .tel names.

*EDIT
PFfffft ..... it's back ...I'm paranoid.:hehe:

NN

•••
•••
Anyone knows how many LLL.tel are available to reg?
Any .tel sales lately on SEDO....?
Need some news here rather than same discussion on every post.

•••
There's around 7670 remaining.
Here's the most recent list: http://pagebin.com/c3a6

I think RTC dot Tel sold recently on Sedo for £45.

•••
Code:
There's around 7670 remaining.
Here's the most recent list: ------ • pagebin.com

I think RTC dot Tel sold recently on Sedo for £45.

Excellent, Thanks.
Well still over 7000 remaining. I can see lot of good ones but couldn't reg all or my bank agent will contact me :rolleyes:

I think LLL.tel with country code are not trash like nz, uk, us, fr, de....
Some companies could be interested
Make a "Ctrl F" on keyboard to search along the listing for letter you want.

Last edited:
•••
Alternatively if you cant create a script, use the Tweet To TEL facility which will give daily updates indirectly to a subdomain pointing only to aapl.tel

I had a look about that. hmmm, out of all the domains you have listed there in the search tool, why does "aapl.tel" not even come up whatsoever, not even in the LLLL list?

I have done everything generically and correctly from day 1 with aapl.tel

regards

•••
Code:

Excellent, Thanks.
Well still over 7000 remaining. I can see lot of good ones but couldn't reg all or my bank agent will contact me :rolleyes:

I think LLL.tel with country code are not trash like nz, uk, us, fr, de....
Some companies could be interested
Make a "Ctrl F" on keyboard to search along the listing for letter you want.

VIP.TEL is in the list
How many like that one are in the list ?

•••
I think there's only three;

ROB, BEN, VIP

I forgot to take those out. :)

•••
Perhaps a Tel App Store page can be added to telnic someday.

Many .tel apps are listed on widgets.tel. Please feel free to suggest a widget/application for consideration/inclusion.

Cheers,

•••
Many .tel apps are listed on widgets.tel.

I just saw a couple code examples published on http://dev.telnic.org for embedding contact info on your site. A little patience should see .TEL develop a really nice API (I hope) because there should be some really cool things you could do. Color me optimistic :P

•••
Last edited:
•••
I just saw a couple code examples published on Telnic | Overview for embedding contact info on your site. A little patience should see .TEL develop a really nice API (I hope) because there should be some really cool things you could do. Color me optimistic :P
I agree there are a lot of cool things that should be coming down that will help us to do a lot more.

If you dig you will find that they do have a pretty nice API. Some really nice PHP examples to get you up and running.

/Telnic Developer Site - check out the php trunk.

•••
I agree there are a lot of cool things that should be coming down that will help us to do a lot more.

If you dig you will find that they do have a pretty nice API. Some really nice PHP examples to get you up and running.

/Telnic Developer Site - check out the php trunk.

The APIs are accessible in any language: they're of course the DNS for reading data, and SOAP and AJAX/JSON for writing to your .tel domain in the Telhosting platform.

Implementations of the APIs are available in PHP, Perl, C, C++, Objective-C (iPhone), Java, and C# too.

•••
Just hoovered up a couple more failed sunrise applications: cool(.)tel and tribe(.)tel. Can't find any other generics that are still pending, but you'd be mad not to check for yourselves!

•••
Last edited:
•••
yep - that's definately a very positive start! and this is even before it's gone mainstream! .me has had the added advantage of the godaddy train behind it along with the ceo's endorsement!

•••
•••
•••
The iPhone .tel navigation app is out!
It's called Superbook and it's available for free on the app store.
If you have an iPhone/iPod Touch you can now really see the speed of navigating .tel domains. Navigation died when Google overtook Yahoo. It is now back with a vengeance! :)

The full source code has also been posted to the telnic dev site.

As usual if you download it, *please* post a review. Gracias!

•••
The iPhone .tel navigation app is out!
It's called Superbook and it's available for free on the app store.
If you have an iPhone/iPod Touch you can now really see the speed of navigating .tel domains. Navigation died when Google overtook Yahoo. It is now back with a vengeance! :)

The full source code has also been posted to the telnic dev site.

As usual if you download it, *please* post a review. Gracias!

Rep'd!! ;)

•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back