IT.COM
Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Archangel

randypendleton.comTop Member
Impact
This thread was created to bring a local new story to light, which can be viewed below:

JACKSON, Ohio (AP) — An Ohio school district decided Tuesday night to keep a portrait of Jesus hanging in the school where it's been 65 years, denying a federal lawsuit's claim the portrait's display unconstitutionally promotes religion in a public school.

The Jackson City Schools board offered a constitutional justification of its own in voting 4-0 to keep the portrait up in its middle school, saying it must protect students' free speech rights. The vote drew cheers and applause from the dozens of people gathered in the elementary school gymnasium.

Read all of it here: http://news.yahoo.com/ohio-school-b...xzBHB0A3N0b3J5cGFnZQR0ZXN0A1Rlc3RfQUZD;_ylv=3

I posted his here @ NP to see what ppl had to say on the issue. As it turns out, this sparked many debates. I've considered closing this thread but after multiple suggestions, I decided to keep it open. Feel free to join in the topics but per forum rules, please refrain from obscene, threatening, rude, or insulting posts.

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
•••
Sometimes believing in God is playing God.

http://www.snopes.com/photos/signs/sciencetest.asp
Really pathetic example you bring us from REDDIT, the same site where some idiots already knew who the Boston bomber/s was before the brothers were arrested.

In fact Reddit and it's Liberal users had already named Sunil Tripathi as the perpetrator of this terrorist attack. Sunil went missing soon after this news and was found dead yesterday. Well done Reddit; You bastards are indirectly guilty of the murder of an innocent man.

Boston bombing: How internet detectives got it very wrong

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-22214511

So why we are supposed to believe in the crap that some idiot at Reddit puts up?

•••
In fact Reddit and it's Liberal users had already named Sunil Tripathi as the perpetrator of this terrorist attack. Sunil went missing soon after this news and was found dead yesterday. Well done Reddit; You bastards are indirectly guilty of the murder of an innocent man.

He's been missing since March and they found his body yesterday.

You're incorrectly casting accusations yourself in criticizing others making incorrect accusations. It's actually quite funny how stupid this makes you look.

•••
He's been missing since March and they found his body yesterday.

You're incorrectly casting accusations yourself in criticizing others making incorrect accusations. It's actually quite funny how stupid this makes you look.
The various news outlets reported him missing soon after the Boston bombings after his picture and name appeared thanks to Reddit

•••
The various news outlets reported him missing soon after the Boston bombings after his picture and name appeared thanks to Reddit

Doesn't matter when he was reported missing nationally. You said he went missing AFTER Reddit.... and basically they were complicit in his MURDER.

Reddit is also UGC and they did apologize for not forcing an adherence to their non PID rules.

•••
Sometimes a lack of research can really make one sound dumb.

•••
I believe the world, the things in it and the entire history of the world was just created. Just now.

Time, inevitability and infinity are like mirrors in a circle. They take randomness and change it to inevitable certainty that captures everything and recreates it constantly and simultaneously.

Oops, not religious enough. What I mean, call it God or infinity, it was inevitable that life was created by the endless combinations of the basic components of life. In our case it only took billions of years, not even a blink when our linear measurements of time are compared to infinity, compared, not measured because infinity can't be measured linearly.

Last edited:
•••
"I contend we are both atheists, I just believe in one less god than you do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours.” —Stephen F Roberts

•••
It's a few weeks old but for those who followed it:

UPDATE 4/3/13 @ 8:20 p.m.
JACKSON, Ohio (WSAZ) -- The portrait of the almighty Jesus Christ came down at Jackson High School, all because of the almighty dollar.

Earlier this week, the group asking for the portrait to be removed also asked the judge that the defendants, the school district, pay the legal fees.

It was not a financial gamble the district was wiling or able to take.

Jackson Schools Superintendent Phil Howard explained this could be a huge burden on a district that has worked hard to keep a balanced budget.

"We are not talking about small amounts here; we are talking about six figures and up," Howard explained.

Read it all here: http://www.wsaz.com/news/headlines/...Portrait-of-Jesus-185946042.html#.UZjSLRXD_IU

•••
It's a few weeks old but for those who followed it:

Quote:
UPDATE 4/3/13 @ 8:20 p.m.
JACKSON, Ohio (WSAZ) -- The portrait of the almighty Jesus Christ came down at Jackson High School, all because of the almighty dollar.

Earlier this week, the group asking for the portrait to be removed also asked the judge that the defendants, the school district, pay the legal fees.

It was not a financial gamble the district was wiling or able to take.

Jackson Schools Superintendent Phil Howard explained this could be a huge burden on a district that has worked hard to keep a balanced budget.

"We are not talking about small amounts here; we are talking about six figures and up," Howard explained.

Read it all here: http://www.wsaz.com/news/headlines/...Portrait-of-Jesus-185946042.html#.UZjSLRXD_IU

Another nail in the coffin for common sense. :td: I'll bet you got a "thrill up your leg" with this news.

•••
I was born into a Christian family and went to church every Sunday up until I was around 16. It was more a family thing to do rather than actually believing in God. I recently went back on Christmas Eve and thought how ridiculous the whole thing was.

And there is a big scandal here over woman and gay bishops...they need to move with the times or they will become more and more irrelavant.

•••
Another nail in the coffin for common sense. :td: I'll bet you got a "thrill up your leg" with this news.

Progress.

Update on mine, something I posted earlier. A certain Christian group going around threatening to sue schools if they can't put the bible for students to get at. It was with my former school they they put them in the cafeteria where the students will find them at lunch. Well, I posted other groups should do that then. And an Atheist one did and it was funny all the parents getting upset with that, the ones that were ok with the bible getting put there.

This is another case of backfire. All this does, is open it up for other groups. Atheist, Muslim etc. So because of these Christians, what's actually going to happen is more non-Christian material will get put in front of these kids, ultimately resulting in less Christians.

•••

A thrill, no. But I'm happy, regardless. No matter how hard ya try, you can't make everyone happy. I trust you understand this. ppl were happy & ppl were mad that the painting was up. ppl were happy & ppl were mad tha it was removed. No one is "in the right" here, thus it was best to remove it, as keeping it up was causing controversy while removing it has none (aside from grumbling by ppl like you). It was for the best to just pull it. Read Lion's post again--it's another good way to look at the issue.

Progress.

Update on mine, something I posted earlier. A certain Christian group going around threatening to sue schools if they can't put the bible for students to get at. It was with my former school they they put them in the cafeteria where the students will find them at lunch. Well, I posted other groups should do that then. And an Atheist one did and it was funny all the parents getting upset with that, the ones that were ok with the bible getting put there.

This is another case of backfire. All this does, is open it up for other groups. Atheist, Muslim etc. So because of these Christians, what's actually going to happen is more non-Christian material will get put in front of these kids, ultimately resulting in less Christians.

•••
A thrill, no. But I'm happy, regardless. No matter how hard ya try, you can't make everyone happy. I trust you understand this. ppl were happy & ppl were mad that the painting was up. ppl were happy & ppl were mad tha it was removed. No one is "in the right" here, thus it was best to remove it, as keeping it up was causing controversy while removing it has none (aside from grumbling by ppl like you). It was for the best to just pull it. Read Lion's post again--it's another good way to look at the issue.
99% of the people were in favor of keeping the Jesus and 1% was against it, and the 1% won thanks to Christian hating people and organizations. The whole episode was extremely undemocratic and the height of hypocrisy in my opinion.

You must be joking when asking me to read Lions post again. I read everyone's posts but Lion is the last person on this earth that I'd ever trust or believe in. Everything he's for, I'm against. His opinions mean nothing to me. I may read them but they go straight into the rubbish bin, at the speed of light.

•••
Kind sir, I live in this city. You do not live in this COUNTRY. You know what you hear, not what things really are. I HAVE NOT MET 1 LOCAL WHO WANTED THE PAINTING TO STAY. It was a political move, trying to keep it. Yet you think it's a political move that had it removed. Where did you get your 99% estimation?? lol Guesswork. That's all you seem to do these days.

99% of the people were in favor of keeping the Jesus and 1% was against it, and the 1% won thanks to Christian hating people and organizations. The whole episode was extremely undemocratic and the height of hypocrisy in my opinion.

You must be joking when asking me to read Lions post again. I read everyone's posts but Lion is the last person on this earth that I'd ever trust or believe in. Everything he's for, I'm against. His opinions mean nothing to me. I may read them but they go straight into the rubbish bin, at the speed of light.

•••

I'm for freedom in deciding what you can eat, not some government person. So Gilsan is right, I'm a more pro-freedom type. He's a more old school, government telling him what to do, listen to the preacher type.

The reality Gilsan, is this is a school. Not a church. And typically when you have a big group of people, they're going to believe in different things. One should not be pushed, endorsed over another. If it was up to you, you would also have prayer in school. But if you're atheist or some other religion, they might not be down with that. School should be neutral. If you want, prayer, bible, Jesus pics, go to a Christian school, not a public one.

Last edited:
•••
Kind sir, I live in this city. You do not live in this COUNTRY. You know what you hear, not what things really are. I HAVE NOT MET 1 LOCAL WHO WANTED THE PAINTING TO STAY. It was a political move, trying to keep it. Yet you think it's a political move that had it removed. Where did you get your 99% estimation?? lol Guesswork. That's all you seem to do these days.

So you say that everyone in Jackson town are against the Jesus portrait and want it removed?. Then why were the majority of parents cheering the position taken by the School Board that voted 4-0 to keep the portrait? Are you saying that the article in Yahoo (that you posted on the first post of this thread) and others that I read from some Ohio newspapers is a load of BS?

How many students does the school have? 200..? 300..? or more? From what I remember there were only 2 that objected, while the rest had no problems with the portrait.

At least now I notice that your posts are much more toned down; a far cry from your very first post where you said:

Originally Posted by Archangel View Post
They should just take the stupid thing down but nah, they have to be all self-righteous ie retarded. I'm sick of it. It's not the pic I don't like (I'm Christian). But the displaying of it is horrible. Seriously, if it was a painting of Lucifer, it'd have been removed long ago. But because it's the "most popular" figure, it's embraced. TAKE THE F***ING THING DOWN! It'll stop all drama & we can move on. I'd just about walk over to the school & destroy it. I could--it's not far away.

The point is: Not EVERYONE is Christian. And some actually are offended by this. One woman actually had staff tell her, "If you don't like this, home-school your kids!" And THAT is supposed to be a solution to offending people? Stupid-ass school board.

That was a pretty vicious, insulting and uncalled for post, especially from someone who calls himself a Christian.

•••
Pat Robertson doing his job to kill off Christianity in this country

“Why did you build houses where tornadoes were apt to happen?”

“If enough people were praying He would’ve intervened, you could pray, Jesus stilled the storm, you can still storms."

I guess people weren't praying enough according to Pat. If they did, this wouldn't have happened. What an ass.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rSp7fzgCuqI"]Robertson: Prayer Could Have Stopped the Tornadoes - YouTube[/ame]

•••
I respect your opinions though you really lack common sense. You are implying that 99% of everyone in Jackson wanted the painting. You base this off "cheering parents" and the tally of the vote. Sorry, kid, but not 99% of us here are married or have kids (you believe that 99% of us are, apparently).
As always, I win the argument, you lose the argument, and you'll claw at the shirt, hoping to find a way to look as though you weren't defeated. You lost. Move on.

Edit: Oh yeah: loads of kids have had issues with the painting FOR YEARS. Simply because only 2 voiced themselves doesn't mean hundreds of others didn't care. That's more flawed logic on your part.

So you say that everyone in Jackson town are against the Jesus portrait and want it removed?. Then why were the majority of parents cheering the position taken by the School Board that voted 4-0 to keep the portrait? Are you saying that the article in Yahoo (that you posted on the first post of this thread) and others that I read from some Ohio newspapers is a load of BS?

How many students does the school have? 200..? 300..? or more? From what I remember there were only 2 that objected, while the rest had no problems with the portrait.

At least now I notice that your posts are much more toned down; a far cry from your very first post where you said:

Originally Posted by Archangel View Post
They should just take the stupid thing down but nah, they have to be all self-righteous ie retarded. I'm sick of it. It's not the pic I don't like (I'm Christian). But the displaying of it is horrible. Seriously, if it was a painting of Lucifer, it'd have been removed long ago. But because it's the "most popular" figure, it's embraced. TAKE THE F***ING THING DOWN! It'll stop all drama & we can move on. I'd just about walk over to the school & destroy it. I could--it's not far away.

The point is: Not EVERYONE is Christian. And some actually are offended by this. One woman actually had staff tell her, "If you don't like this, home-school your kids!" And THAT is supposed to be a solution to offending people? Stupid-ass school board.

That was a pretty vicious, insulting and uncalled for post, especially from someone who calls himself a Christian.

---------- Post added at 11:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:05 PM ----------

The power of prayer is limited. If 25 million ppl in America pray that the Yankees would lose a World Series & the Yankees still winning it, would it be because ppl didn't pray enough? Answer: no. There is a 50/50 chance that a team would win. Praying would have no bearing on it.

Pat Robertson doing his job to kill off Christianity in this country

“Why did you build houses where tornadoes were apt to happen?”

“If enough people were praying He would’ve intervened, you could pray, Jesus stilled the storm, you can still storms."

I guess people weren't praying enough according to Pat. If they did, this wouldn't have happened. What an ass.

Robertson: Prayer Could Have Stopped the Tornadoes - YouTube

Last edited:
•••
I respect your opinions though you really lack common sense. You are implying that 99% of everyone in Jackson wanted the painting. You base this off "cheering parents" and the tally of the vote. Sorry, kid, but not 99% of us here are married or have kids (you believe that 99% of us are, apparently).
As always, I win the argument, you lose the argument, and you'll claw at the shirt, hoping to find a way to look as though you weren't defeated. You lost. Move on.
I was talking about the vast majority of parents in the school not the town.You won no argument. The Christian hating organizations and haters like yourself won nothing except contempt from common sense people.

Instead of hating Christians you should be more worried about the "religion of peace" who's followers committed another barbaric, horrendous crime this afternoon in London by chopping up and hacking a British soldier to death with large knives and meat cleavers.... in the name of "Allah"

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...t-death-machetes-suspected-terror-attack.html

•••
I was talking about the vast majority of parents in the school not the town.You won no argument. The Christian hating organizations and haters like yourself won nothing except contempt from common sense people.

Instead of hating Christians you should be more worried about the "religion of peace" who's followers committed another barbaric, horrendous crime this afternoon in London by chopping up and hacking a British soldier to death with large knives and meat cleavers.... in the name of "Allah"

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...t-death-machetes-suspected-terror-attack.html

As usual, you bring in something that has nothing to do with the topic at hand, just to divert.

It's a very simple topic. Public schools should be for everybody and shouldn't push/favor one religion over another. Should be neutral.

•••

As usual, you bring in something that has nothing to do with the topic at hand, just to divert.

It's a very simple topic. Public schools should be for everybody and shouldn't push/favor one religion over another. Should be neutral.

Gilsan never has a point & throws out everything in the hopes that he'd be considered 'tight.' BUT, Gilsan, I'm going to play your game. You were saying that 99% of parents wanted the painting down, correct? That is still your error: you believe that a parent's words are the only ones that matter. Had I (a non-parent) voted, it'd have been a "no." And the vast majority of everyone else (again, I've never met a non-parent here who supported the painting) likely would have, as well. Or maybe 99% of us non-parents would have voted to keep it. Who knows? It's a moot point.

But you FAILED miserably in your defense. It is so weak that it barely exists. Everyone in this thread had shown to you that your ideas are lame, antiquated, and irrelevant. Unlike you, I'll actually explain myself: PARENTS DO NOT WANT PEOPLE INTRODUCING THER CHILDREN TO BELIEFS! Don't even try to defend that--you are guar teed to fail. Are you a parent? I'm not one but I know a fw dozen. And they would HAE to have someone try to do THEIR job as parents. Ya go to school to learn SCHOOL RELATED THGS. Sorry but God is not in American schools and never will be.

What's more, you are assuming that only Christians have an opinion & then, as a contradiction, you say that only a parent's word counts. The facts are as they are. You have no argument. You lot. It's over. The game had ended. No matter what you say as a reply to me, it means nothing -- you were proven wrong and you are now a dead pawn in the game of this thread. You lose. I won. Lion won. All of the OPEN-MINDED, GOD-LOVING Christians in this thread won. You lost.

Case closed. Don't argue--you already were rendered nulled and thus your points mean nothing.

So how about those Yankees? They play the Mets next.

•••
417864_570387379649978_784349801_n.png

•••
Gilsan, I'm going to play your game. You were saying that 99% of parents wanted the painting down, correct? That is still your error: you believe that a parent's words are the only ones that matter. Had I (a non-parent) voted, it'd have been a "no." And the vast majority of everyone else (again, I've never met a non-parent here who supported the painting) likely would have, as well. Or maybe 99% of us non-parents would have voted to keep it. Who knows? It's a moot point.

So if you don't have kids why are you so viciously opposed? Interesting that all your single friends are also opposed. Are you all Atheists? What about parents with kids, are they all against it? Would you be opposed if it were to go for a democratic vote? You know, like majority wins? Or does the democratic vote only apply in certain circumstances?

Ya go to school to learn SCHOOL RELATED THGS. Sorry but God is not in American schools and never will be.

Ya mean like teaching about Homosexuality and what a wonderful lifestyle it is to 5 and 6 year old's?

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VriT1a6Ng6I"]Teaching Homosexuality to Children - YouTube[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G7MzM8ABzCk"]How to jam homosexuality into public schools: Just call it "safety"!! - YouTube[/ame]

So how about those Yankees? They play the Mets next.
Both are crappy teams at the moment, but if I were forced to bet I'd go for the Yankees. My favorites to win are the 2 teams from LA; Angels or Dodgers (a toss-up)

I saw that video of Wolf Blitzer interviewing that lady, and the answer she gave. I'm intrigued by the following: do Atheists have no gratitude or thanks for having escaped from such a monster tornado? :-/

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back