IT.COM
Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Archangel

randypendleton.comTop Member
Impact
This thread was created to bring a local new story to light, which can be viewed below:

JACKSON, Ohio (AP) — An Ohio school district decided Tuesday night to keep a portrait of Jesus hanging in the school where it's been 65 years, denying a federal lawsuit's claim the portrait's display unconstitutionally promotes religion in a public school.

The Jackson City Schools board offered a constitutional justification of its own in voting 4-0 to keep the portrait up in its middle school, saying it must protect students' free speech rights. The vote drew cheers and applause from the dozens of people gathered in the elementary school gymnasium.

Read all of it here: http://news.yahoo.com/ohio-school-b...xzBHB0A3N0b3J5cGFnZQR0ZXN0A1Rlc3RfQUZD;_ylv=3

I posted his here @ NP to see what ppl had to say on the issue. As it turns out, this sparked many debates. I've considered closing this thread but after multiple suggestions, I decided to keep it open. Feel free to join in the topics but per forum rules, please refrain from obscene, threatening, rude, or insulting posts.

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
Doing some research, seems to be a lot of it in the Bible:

http://listverse.com/2008/05/26/top-6-incestuous-relationships-in-the-bible/

Definitely not a book for children. Too much sex and violence.

Maybe somebody more familiar with the Bible can help me out on this one.

I've always wondered, if you take the Bible literally, where you have Adam and Eve. Then they have kids. So how does life get on from there? Wouldn't there have to be incest for life to continue?

Ugh, I went to bible.org, apparently incest was ok:

"As to incest, it was not considered a sin and was not prohibited for Adam and early man. If the race was to populate and fulfill the command of Gen. 1:28, there is little doubt that Adam’s sons and daughters had to have married their own sisters and brothers if the race was to populate the earth, but due to the purity of the race as evidenced also by the long length of life, there were no adverse effects as we see happening today. Gradually, as the effects of sin took its toll on the human race, marrying one’s own sister, etc., began to create hereditary problems."

https://bible.org/question/was-worl...or-did-god-create-others-besides-adam-and-eve

http://forums.catholic.com/showthread.php?t=199442

You would think, being God, who is all knowing and all powerful, would have created a better/different situation, where incest didn't have to happen.

Why not:

Adam and Eve

Bob and Jennifer

Then Adam and Eve have some kids. Bob and Jennifer have some kids. Then their kids can hook up with each other (when they're older) and no incest has to take place.

Last edited:
•••
Religion in school is bad

This is how the real school need to be

High School Incest Prank - YouTube

Western Europe is sick too - http://ru-facts.com/news/view/19963.html
The school apologized afterwards, but I'm sure they really didn't mean it. Minnesota voted for Obama last year and voted for Gay Marriage last month.

Next year the school will probably hold a Gay Bacchanalia Parade, sort of like the one they have in Folsom Street in San Francisco. That way it will be more acceptable for Liberals and the school won't need to apologize to anyone.

Don't be surprised if Minnesota becomes the first state to legalize incest. That shouldn't be too hard, especially now that the main barrier (gay marriage) has been passed

•••
I've been way too busy lately (see my sig) & have put off replying to anything in here for a few weeks. I'll do some replies hopefully in a day or 2. For now, I saw something that I figured might interest you:
STARKE, Fla. (AP) — A group of atheists unveiled a monument to their nonbelief in God on Saturday to sit alongside a granite slab that lists the Ten Commandments in front of the Bradford County courthouse.

As a small group of protesters blasted Christian country music and waved "Honk for Jesus" signs, the atheists celebrated what they believe is the first atheist monument allowed on government property in the United States.

And a link to the rest: http://news.yahoo.com/atheists-unveil-fla-monument-near-ten-commandments-195201537.html

•••
Read that Palin is considering starting a new "Freedom" party. She says Republicans aren't conservative enough. Guessing she means they don't quote scripture enough and don't burn enough witches. Maybe she'll join the Westboro Baptist Church while she's at it.

•••
I saw something that I figured might interest you:

Quote:
STARKE, Fla. (AP) — A group of atheists unveiled a monument to their nonbelief in God on Saturday to sit alongside a granite slab that lists the Ten Commandments in front of the Bradford County courthouse.

As a small group of protesters blasted Christian country music and waved "Honk for Jesus" signs, the atheists celebrated what they believe is the first atheist monument allowed on government property in the United States

And a link to the rest: http://news.yahoo.com/atheists-unveil-fla-monument-near-ten-commandments-195201537.html

Yes I'd read that news a few days back. So if Atheists don't believe in anything why do they need a monument? I've no problem that they want to erect a monument, but why put it next to the Ten Commandments?

Will they place one next to a Mosque next time? I'll bet not. They'd be too shit scared they would get their throats slit in a wink of an eye? What a bunch of hypocrites.

Read that Palin is considering starting a new "Freedom" party. She says Republicans aren't conservative enough. Guessing she means they don't quote scripture enough and don't burn enough witches. Maybe she'll join the Westboro Baptist Church while she's at it.

Good for Palin. I wish her luck. A 3rd party is definitely needed.

Once again lefties love to mention "the Westboro Baptist Church" a sect with less than 40 followers who don't represent absolutely nothing, except for liberals, who keep talking about them. :zzz:

•••

Good, splinter the Republicans up even more.

First, it's funny hearing her talk on Republicans quitting, when she quit her state.

If she does this, it's for her own pocketbook, nothing more.

You already have the Tea Party.

You already have Libertarian Party.

Good strategy used with the atheist monument, the ole if you can't beat em, join em. Just like they did with the books. If people want to push Christianity in places that should be neutral, then other religions and non-religions should set up shop right next to them.

•••
Good for Palin. I wish her luck. A 3rd party is definitely needed.

Once again lefties love to mention "the Westboro Baptist Church" a sect with less than 40 followers who don't represent absolutely nothing, except for liberals, who keep talking about them. :zzz:

Let me help: It's not just an emerging 3rd party; it's an extreme right wing party that should scare the bejesus out of any sane person, no matter their party.

The WBC is used as an example because it serves as a reference to compare levels of loony against, not because the WBC has any standing in society. In the case of the completely inappropriately named "Freedom" party, if Palin thinks the current Republican party is too conservative, what sort of beliefs do you think the Freedom party will have?

•••
Let me help: It's not just an emerging 3rd party; it's an extreme right wing party that should scare the bejesus out of any sane person, no matter their party.

The WBC is used as an example because it serves as a reference to compare levels of loony against, not because the WBC has any standing in society. In the case of the completely inappropriately named "Freedom" party, if Palin thinks the current Republican party is too conservative, what sort of beliefs do you think the Freedom party will have?
I say: Good for Palin.... I hope she scares the Bejesus out of liberals, even the few sane ones.

This group (WBC) of less than 40 followers is no more than a sect who are benefiting from tax exempt status by calling themselves a Christian Church. They represent nothing.... not even a drop in the ocean, except like I said before, they mean something to Liberals who just love to use their name to make stupid comparisons.

•••
I say: Good for Palin.... I hope she scares the Bejesus out of liberals, even the few sane ones.

Sane liberals? Can't be true.

This group (WBC) of less than 40 followers is no more than a sect who are benefiting from tax exempt status by calling themselves a Christian Church. They represent nothing.... not even a drop in the ocean, except like I said before, they mean something to Liberals who just love to use their name to make stupid comparisons.

On the other hand (comparatively speaking, of course), if you truly believe someone like Palin would be good at being president of the United States and would make the world a better place, I'm sure she would welcome your international support. Invite her over to talk about it. In fact, I'll use my as yet unbestowed Freedom Party authority to appoint you as the Commander and Chief Palinite of the "We love Sara" Madeira Island chapter. She might even like your island so much she stays there, God willing. In fact, since there are less than 40 good Christians in the WBC sect, maybe you wouldn't mind taking them in for a while. too? They are a mild, tax-exempt group of morally upstanding and tolerant Christians who represent nothing and are harmless to the society they live in.

•••
Sane liberals? Can't be true.
Hard to believe... ain't it?

On the other hand (comparatively speaking, of course), if you truly believe someone like Palin would be good at being president of the United States and would make the world a better place, I'm sure she would welcome your international support. Invite her over to talk about it. In fact, I'll use my as yet unbestowed Freedom Party authority to appoint you as the Commander and Chief Palinite of the "We love Sara" Madeira Island chapter. She might even like your island so much she stays there, God willing.

As long as you know how to do a good job at reading a teleprompter and answering the easy questions at press conferences, it seems that being President is not all that difficult, since you have all those advisers around, thinking for the President and writing all the speeches, including school speeches for 6 year olds. :red:

Naturally I'm talking about a Democrat President. A Republican will have a much, much tougher time, because the Liberal Media will no longer kiss ass with soft questions, as they do with a Democrat in the White House

As to the "appointment of Gilsan as the Commander and Chief Palinite of the "We love Sara" Madeira Island chapter", sounds very exciting. Next time you see Sarah Palin from where you live, perhaps you could exercise your influence and tell her that YES, I accept the offer, and YES, she is very welcome to drop by here in our Island, where a barrel of some good Madeira Vintage awaits her. B-)

Oh and if you decide to make the voyage with her, my offer still stands except for one slight change. There will be 2 barrels waiting for you, for having convinced her to come over :wave:

In fact, since there are less than 40 good Christians in the WBC sect, maybe you wouldn't mind taking them in for a while. too? They are a mild, tax-exempt group of morally upstanding and tolerant Christians who represent nothing and are harmless to the society they live in.
Thanks, but no thanks. The Liberals can keep those.

•••
Yes I'd read that news a few days back. So if Atheists don't believe in anything why do they need a monument? I've no problem that they want to erect a monument, but why put it next to the Ten Commandments?

Will they place one next to a Mosque next time? I'll bet not. They'd be too shit scared they would get their throats slit in a wink of an eye? What a bunch of hypocrites.

Atheists believe in science.

Why would they even want to put one next to a mosque:?: This is in front of a county courthouse, not a church.

•••
Atheists believe in science.

So does the rest of the world, as well as maths, history, geography, etc.

Why would they even want to put one next to a mosque:?: This is in front of a county courthouse, not a church.

Why did they put up a monument, when they don't believe in monuments. They only did it to spite the Christians... sort of like, if you can't beat them, join them, or rub it in their faces. Bloody Hypocrites

•••
Why did they put up a monument, when they don't believe in monuments. They only did it to spite the Christians... sort of like, if you can't beat them, join them, or rub it in their faces. Bloody Hypocrites

An atheist is someone who rejects (or doesn't believe) in the existence of deities. I don't think that it means they don't believe in monuments.

---------- Post added at 10:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:19 PM ----------

I've no problem that they want to erect a monument, but why put it next to the Ten Commandments?

It's in a "free speech" zone on govt property. You can't just erect statues, monuments or signs anywhere you want.

Islam had no place in this article, no mention in this article yet you manage to once again write something nonsensical based on some prejudice of hatred you hold. I don't know why you do this but I pray that your God is a forgiving one

•••
Originally Posted by enlytend View Post
"Atheists believe in science."

So does the rest of the world, as well as maths, history, geography, etc.

No, they don't. What they (including Palin) believe is that the Earth was created a few thousand years ago....that humans and dinosaurs lived at the same time and a whole bunch of other "truther" beliefs.

•••
WORKSOFRELIGION.COM (Vatican Bank) What do u all think about this domain

•••
Terrible domain/no value, not even reg fee/sorry you wasted your money registering it.

WORKSOFRELIGION.COM (Vatican Bank) What do u all think about this domain

•••
An atheist is someone who rejects (or doesn't believe) in the existence of deities. I don't think that it means they don't believe in monuments

I believe that God wanted to fart but accidentally sharted 13.8 billion years ago (also called big bang theory).

What am i? a shartist?

•••
[/COLOR]
I believe that God wanted to fart but accidentally sharted 13.8 billion years ago (also called big bang theory).

What am i? a shartist?

You've solved the mystery of dark matter and dark energy, but raised a new mystery...what would God's fart smell like? Heaven?

And God promised men that good and obedient women would be found in every corner of earth. And then he made the world round . . . . and laughed, and laughed and laughed.

•••
its all pretty simple actually

big-bang1_zpsb10028fd.jpg

isaiah 63:15

Look down from heaven, and behold from the habitation of thy holiness and of thy glory: where is thy zeal and thy strength,the sounding of thy bowels !!! and of thy mercies toward me? are they restrained?

•••
•••
In other words... An atheist is a person without any imaginary friends. :lol:

I have lots of imaginary friends.. I just don't call any of them omnipotent.

•••
I have lots of imaginary friends.
That's what happens when you spend too much time on a computer.

Enjoy your friends while you can. Pretty soon they'll disappear like the Christmas presents you outgrew.

Last edited:
•••
•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back