Domain Empire
Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
It seems .PRO is slowly coming out of the cage with cheaper reg prices than they were a year ago and major registrars like netsol taking notice of the extension and promoting it. B-)

Here are some that I picked up in last couple of days:

Alexandria.pro

Anchorage.pro

Arlington.pro

Belfast.pro

Birmingham.pro

Budapest.pro

Durham.pro

Fairfax.pro

Italian.pro

Lisbon.pro

Fire away with your regs after the relaunch on September 8th, 2008.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
PRO is widely used for product/service branding...
Even in .com there are thousands running endusers where PRO is prepended or added...

And Yes...
I really live from this "bubble"... it pays my bills and other expenses...
Good for you. Take care of your bubble

•••
Regarding latest news...
Afilias extended .PROmotional regfee up to June'30...

•••
.pro does have its niche.

And if it is profitable to invest in .pro then I don't see any reason not to. And that some assets are more profitable than others is fine too.

•••
Just received my 1st inquiry in 2019...
From UK...

•••
Just received my 1st inquiry in 2019...
From UK...
I don't want to make your calculation, but since you point it out always, I noticed a post of yours here saying that you sold 6 domains for around $900 each in 2018 plus a few to a doimainer, making your sales in 2018 more or less/around $6k and you have 540 domains which you have to renew (unless you sell your domains within a year) with a a total cost of more than $6k, but you still say that you live by selling domains....

•••
I never renew all 100% domains... and nobody does that... except micro/mini-domainers...
My portfolio is always in permanent rotation...

•••
I never renew all 100% domains... and nobody does that... except micro/mini-domainers...
My portfolio is always in permanent rotation...
OK, let's assume that you renew like 50% of the domains, that would be around $3k-$4k including new regs. So you end up with $2k pe year? How do you live with that much money?

•••
I have a few thousands domains in many TLDs...
But .PRO is my main focus... because it converts significantly better than others...

•••
p.s. How I live and what I earn from domaining - this is my own and private story.
I don't want to discuss it.

•••
How I live and what I earn from domaining - this is my own and private story.
I don't want to discuss it.
Well, it doesn't seem very reliable way IMHO. Plus the profit doesn't seem to be that much.

•••
I have like 3 domains in pro
Albania.pro
Ewhois.pro
Torrent.pro
Ewhois is developed but does not seem to get traffic. Back in the days biz did much better for me

•••
Yes, yearly profit is not like to buy new car or something like that...
But it is enough for me to live and to reinvest...
That's why I do this almost 11 years already... And ~9.5 years - Full Time.

•••
Regarding WHOIS PROjects...

Too many such 3rd-party services are already developed...
And they are mostly used only by lawyers and young domainers... + spammers, certainly...
95-99% of endusers are not aware about WHOIS at all... I very rarely had inquries via WHOIS even prior GDPR...

TLD doesn't matter here...
It is just very narrow niche... Traffic will be relatively low even if it will be displayed on 1st page in SERP.

•••
I use whois in Linux terminal to query registries directly...
And sometimes Whoisology service to see previous records...

•••
Looks that discounted price at 1and1 is available again...
Today I see $5... should work for transfers as well...

Last edited:
•••
My current 2019 stats:
3 inquiries from: UK, Ukraine, Russia...

•••
Sold this .pro names a past week, the buyer is from the USA & he was only interested in one but I convinced him to buy more.

Cannabinoid (that where I got the buyer)

Roasted

Gpay

Counterfeit

$2xxx

•••
This year .PRO will celebrate its 15th anniversary...
And 7 years elapsed recently since it was purchased by Afilias...

•••
My oldest .PROs:
Pantyhose (2005)
Bikini (2005)
Medic (2006)
Berlin (2006)
EURO (2008)

•••
•••
I have noticed that ALL (not only my) .PRO domains which were registered in the 2nd half of December'2016 - were NOT dropped by ELB but renewed and alive... even WHOIS contacts weren't changed.

So you may even try to contact ELB (Netissime) to get your AUTH codes and to transfer them...
LOL... they still renew them (all were renewed again up to Dec'2019)... no drops.
Never saw so buggy registrar.

Last edited:
•••
•••
~3.3K netgain in January = ~294K

•••
Regarding ELB (Netissime)...
They rebranded, and now CP access is here: https://cp.magic.fr

•••
LosAngeles (2012-2020)
If somebody wants - decent offers will be considered, DM me...

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back