NameSilo
Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
It seems .PRO is slowly coming out of the cage with cheaper reg prices than they were a year ago and major registrars like netsol taking notice of the extension and promoting it. B-)

Here are some that I picked up in last couple of days:

Alexandria.pro

Anchorage.pro

Arlington.pro

Belfast.pro

Birmingham.pro

Budapest.pro

Durham.pro

Fairfax.pro

Italian.pro

Lisbon.pro

Fire away with your regs after the relaunch on September 8th, 2008.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Dynadot backorder auction on COINS:
Bidders: 11
Winning bid: $1,475

•••
I'm finishing this year with ~540 domains .PROfolio...

•••
5xx domains netgain last month.

Total 2018 change: ~278K >>> ~290.4K

•••
This was started in 2008. If those posters had bought and held the best of what was available in 2008 dot com 11 years versus the best of what was available in 2008 dot pro they would have made much better money with the dot com portfolio.

Given the cost of renewal on a dot pro times 11 years I can’t imagine any way to have made money by holding long term a dot pro portfolio of any real size.

It’s the same concept of why real estate developers who pay premium to buy oceanfront homes end up with much more appreciation than those who put in less money to buy slum apartments. Penny wise pound foolish.

Last edited:
•••
•••
11 years???
Almost all .PRO domains sold by me - were within 1-2 years since I have regged or caught them.

Last edited:
•••
The point of my post is that versus jumping on some oddball new extension if you’d just bought the best of what was available dot com and held both a decade you’d be underwater with the oddball extension versus now be holding some great dot coms from 2008.

This thread is 11 years old. Those guys who jumped on dot pro 11 years ago would have done better to buy and hold 11 years the best of what was available in 2008 dot com.

So next time another oddball extension comes out - think about whether it’s worth jumping on it.

Last edited:
•••
Tons of good .PRO domains are available right now...
I have 1,XXX names in my todo-list.

•••
•••
And overall, in all TLDs below 5M you can always find many good names which can be resold...
This depends only on your intelligence and how many languages you know...

•••
It’s obvious that you know what you’re doing and can’t understand (or don’t want to understand) the point of what I have said. Good luck.

•••
I really don't understand what you are trying to say regarding 2008... how it matters here...
And .PRO was launched in 2004... and the very best .PROs were regged no later than beginning of 2005 by Michael Silver.

•••
I’m just saying that if I’d hand registered a bunch of dot pro in 2008 and had held until today I’d be much worse off versus all the dot com I did in fact acquire in 2008 and held until today.

So next time a new extension comes out - over the long term it might be better to just buy the old traditional dot com versus the new extension.

The Original and Best usually ends up being the best investment over the long term.

Last edited:
•••
After 11 years I can say the same thing for any other field. No one know what will happen after a decade.

•••
I invest in .PRO since 2010 and I don't see the significant change of average .PRO aftermarket prices...
It is relatively stable... because too much domains are available + nTLDs were added in 2014.

•••
From what I see and including own experience:
Majority of .PROs are selling within $500-$2K range...
Strong keywords - up to $5K...
The best - up to $25K...

•••
And .PRO is not competing against .com
This is just another niche, another category of buyers... It is in demand for those endusers who definitely want to be in .PRO

•••
And .PRO is not competing against .com
This is just another niche, another category of buyers... It is in demand for those endusers who definitely want to be in .PRO
That is a pure BS, just like the user with .top.

•••
•••
Don't fight guys, I forget to share that I have this nice .Pro name

Canna.png

•••
In 2018 I had up to 3 inbound inquiries on this "BS" weekly...
And without any venues... just from parking at Bodis and ParkingCrew...

Last edited:
•••
BS are your posts here.
Why? Because you don't like them? That's childish. Grow up. Again, saying that you have to have a .pro domain to show that you are a pro is such a BS, especially in the time where top keywords are TLDs. So what, any business have to get the keyword just based on the same principle? Seriously?

•••
In 2018 I had up to 3 inbound inquiries on this "BS" weekly...
And without any venues... just from parking .PRO at Bodis and ParkingCrew...
Just read again my two last posts. It's clear that you live in your own bubble and what you read from inside the bubble gets distorted somehow lol.

•••
•••
PRO is widely used for product/service branding...
Even in .com there are thousands running endusers where PRO is prepended or added...

And Yes...
I really live from this "bubble"... it pays my bills and other expenses...

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back