Dynadot
Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
It seems .PRO is slowly coming out of the cage with cheaper reg prices than they were a year ago and major registrars like netsol taking notice of the extension and promoting it. B-)

Here are some that I picked up in last couple of days:

Alexandria.pro

Anchorage.pro

Arlington.pro

Belfast.pro

Birmingham.pro

Budapest.pro

Durham.pro

Fairfax.pro

Italian.pro

Lisbon.pro

Fire away with your regs after the relaunch on September 8th, 2008.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
someone dropped bug.pro domain today...

•••
It is impossible to catch such exclusive drops... they will be reserved automatically.
Minimum allowed length in GA is 4...
7+ years elapsed since Afilias purchased .PRO and no any moves to cancel this idiotic rule.

Last edited:
•••
Today I have finished my negotiations at symbolic 2019 EUR.
Now awaiting for their payment to Sedo escrow...

That First Name was paid today.
And they want to transfer it (strictly)... but due to 60 days lock after previous transfer - it is impossible.
So I will complete this transaction no earlier than April'7... unfortunately.
I have closed this sale today.
Name: GEORGE

•••
•••
It is impossible to catch such exclusive drops... they will be reserved automatically.
Minimum allowed length in GA is 4...
That explains the very weird domain name length pattern in .PRO. It wasn't quite like a gTLD with heavy discounting but most of the domain names are concentrated over 4 to 10 character lengths.

Regards...jmcc

•••
•••
Prior this Austrian company I had 2 another incoming buyers on that domain - and I rejected their offers...
So keep your domains until you meet the right buyer.

•••
How April performs for you?
Almost silence for me...

•••
•••
Last month sold Gorilla in afternic for 2250.

•••
Yes, 4Q and 1Q are usually good in terms of sales...

•••
•••
One rejected xxx offer on Sedo in April, lots of interest in some of my .pro-s lately

•••
.PRO was visible on GoDaddy's main page in March... that's why was sold via AfternicDLS.

Last edited:
•••
Last edited:
•••
They said that some startup is planned on it...
But almost 6 months elapsed already - still nothing, even nameservers weren't changed.

•••
Is it better to get one-word dictionary .PRO domains or names that make sense as a "profession" or "professional" ? I have about a dozen and get lots of real user views, but very few offers or sales.

•••
I invest in 4L, 1word and personal/geo names...

•••
•••
Is it better to get one-word dictionary .PRO domains or names that make sense as a "profession" or "professional" ? I have about a dozen and get lots of real user views, but very few offers or sales.
Imo, in general, names that work as a complete brand name together with .pro extension are most wanted (including professions).
I have really small portfolio but decent 1-word and 4Ls. You're welcome to DM me if you need info about some specific pro names that get the most attention/offers/sales in my case.

•••
I have about a dozen and get lots of real user views, but very few offers or sales.
Where? Undeveloped/Sedo etc.???
Try Bodis/ParkingCrew or own contact form...

•••
And as mentioned above, this month is really weak in terms of inquiries/sales... not only for you...
Even regvolume is lower than dropvolume...

•••
Regarding professions from those I can recall...
I sold plural English for $1K to the buyer from Qazaqstan and singular Ukrainian for $888.

•••
+ had inquiry on some profession in Deutsch... but it wasn't enough high to sell.

•••
From my long observation, the highest enduser activity (inquiries) - when .PRO is advertised on GoDaddy/Uniregistry/name.com main page...
Regarding @Dynadot - never saw .PRO banner on their main page.

Last edited:
•••
Back