NameSilo
Spaceship
Watch

Untitled

ThE POwEr oF An IDeAEstablished Member
Impact
Last edited by a moderator:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I have app.co.in on sedo auction ending in a day or so.
Current bid is $610

•••
registered candlesupplies.in

Cheers
Corey

•••
•••
Deleted

Last edited:
•••
Looks like .in promo is ending tomorrow, received an email from Directi

"Owing to certain issues being faced by the .IN Registry – NIXI, we will unfortunately have to discontinue the .IN Promo for the time being."

•••

"Owing to certain issues being faced by the .IN Registry – NIXI, we will unfortunately have to discontinue the .IN Promo for the time being."

Do you mean the registration or the renewal promo?

•••
How the Sedo .in/.co.in auction do? Last time I checked it was a few days before closing and only one name had met reserve.

•••
•••
How the Sedo .in/.co.in auction do? Last time I checked it was a few days before closing and only one name had met reserve.

7 hit reserve or more but a VERY disappointing result.

•••

Does anyone know what type of issues is facing the .in registry?

•••
Does anyone know what type of issues is facing the .in registry?

Quoting the email:

According to a statement we received from the Registry, NIXI is investigating claims of a large number of fraudulent Domains under the .IN Domain Name space and have therefore decided to withhold .IN rebates to all Registrars at the moment.

This unfortunate turn of events has left us with no other option but to terminate the existing .IN Promo for all our Resellers.

Last edited:
•••
I now own Cardboard.co.in and Saint.co.in. Anyone see any value in either of these?

Thanks,
Dave

•••
Received an update from reseller Club:

While we cannot offer you the same discount, we have put together another promotion for you:

.IN @ $3.39

A 55% discount on .IN and Third Level .IN Domains, which will go live on the 11th of June, 2012.

Please Note: The promotion is already available in the promo engine and you can set your prices today.

•••
7 hit reserve or more but a VERY disappointing result.

Yeah - no interest for .in and .co.in.

I think this auction was indicative for the future of these extensions.

•••

I do not believe that to be true. It's not the right time to try and push .in, .co.in into the mainstream market. Deals have been reported to happen a lot in this scene behind closed doors, but I feel its still not the right time.

If you are into .in, you should be a forward thinking individual.

•••

I have sold over $300K worth of .co.in/.in in the past so I am guessing other factors came in to play for this auction.

Economic downturn,failure to effectively market the auction by Sedo.com,it appears that the Sedo site is blocked in India etc?

8 names were sold.34 individual names were bid on but the "second bidders" that make good auctions were not there.

Rather disappointed with Sedo themselves in fact.

They were not obliged to but there was no mention of the auction on their homepage during the whole 7 days of the auction which is pretty poor marketing,not just from my point of view but from theirs as well.

Normally during auctions my wife (separate Sedo account) & I get an email to advise about the auction which we did not get,how about you?

Whilst the .in auction was running Sedo were advertising their .me auction on their homepage that had finished the week before! I did manage to get them to remove it on Tuesday which was replaced with a listing of "buy now" .co and still no reference to the .in auction!

•••
...Rather disappointed with Sedo themselves in fact.

They were not obliged to but there was no mention of the auction on their homepage during the whole 7 days of the auction which is pretty poor marketing,not just from my point of view but from theirs as well...

...I liken sedo to the two judges that fixed the Pacquiao fight. They are waterboys for .com and will strangle any attempts made by other popular extensions (.in, .me, ad infinitum)

I have zero confidence in their staff as they have always seemed to maintain a complacent and lackadaisical attitude to their jobs and marketing. They are only there to collect yer fees, which are way too high, but they can laugh all the way to the bank as people keep paying them...

I only see the .in extensions(.in. co.in etc.) getting hotter and it really does not need sedo to push it as it is doing very well on its own. Time will demonstrate that .in can play with the "big boys" just fine...

•••
does anyone know where to backorder .in & .co.in names? Thanks.

•••

I think it's really a big error to doubt of the future of .co.in/.in :imho:

Just looking at the Indian population clearly shows that these extensions will become one of the most powerful ccTLD.

Even with two extensions: all good keywords are available two times, both in .in and .co.in but there is more than 600 millions people behind each of them :)

•••
I am still very bullish on .IN/.CO.IN domains. Very good.Ins are slowly being sucked out of the market while people underestimate the extension. The number of registrations year over year tells you this extension isn't going anywhere anytime soon. We are either in the preparation phase for the after market OR in the beginning phase of the aftermarket. I still get at least 1-2 inquiry emails per month so there is demand. If you invest in .in domains, you KNOW there is demand(As JeanClaude stated too).Go llls.

•••
I have mentioned before, .in market is going to be huge, but it will rise slowly. You need to have real patience with this extension. If you are targeting Indian END USER then its going to take some time.

Here people dont understand the real value of EXACT name, Once they will know the value sales will go up, here still people look for alternative's once they dont find there excat domain available.

Time will tell, Or else DEVELOPMENT is an Evergreen option...

•••
registered
browsers.co.in
cursors.co.in
boxers.co.in
trimmer.co.in
screwdriver.co.in
jihad.co.in
barometer.co.in
jlt.in

Reviews guys?

•••
congrats on your new registrations ^

will you be developing the names?

Cheers
Corey

•••
Yes, Thinking to develop if not able to sell in 3 months :D :P

•••
Go Daddy, the world's largest provider of Web hosting, domain name registrations and new SSL Certificates, today announced that India has been identified as a priority market for Go Daddy's global expansion. Read more...

Big news!

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back