NameSilo

The New NamePros, Reported Issues

Namecheap AuctionsNamecheap Auctions
SpaceshipSpaceship
SpaceshipSpaceship
Watch
Status
Not open for further replies.
Last edited:
9
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
GoDaddyGoDaddy
The user count (snapshot next to the user profile) says x members,x visitors and x robots. Is that an infusion of much needed humor? :)
 
1
•••
Hi Eric & Paul,
Is there any possibility that we are going to get the "Users Currently Viewing This Thread" feature back??
+
Being able to see underneath the Display Picture of Members, whether they are offline or online.
+
The Current Time which we used to have earlier, was strange that it was showing fine while mobile browsing.

Thanks.
 
Last edited:
2
•••
Issue: can't seem to close my own threads anymore with the new namepros... as a result I can't post any domains for sale as I have 2 open sales threads.
 
1
•••
Mobile is waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay better. Did I mention mobile is waaaaaaaaaaaaa better.
I guess thats a matter of opinion, I browse via iphone almost exclusively here and am now stuck in adaptive site hell, knowing there are features available to my fellow PC users that we mobile users no longer see. Am I correct in assuming I will no longer have access to a PC version via my iphone?

Some things I miss specifically at the moment:
-have no clue where to find my subscribed threads;
-threads no longer display 'oldest post first' which was my user setting, is that gone for everyone or just mobile users?
 
2
•••
One more thing I would like to report is, Friends/Contacts sounds way better than Followers.
 
3
•••
Is current thread viewers gone only for mobile users?
 
1
•••
Is current thread viewers gone only for mobile users?
No, it is gone for PC users too.
I notified paul about it, and he said he will look into it. They din't remove it intentionally.
So we might get it back soon.
 
2
•••
My trade reviews vanished...

Great job on the new looks !
 
Last edited:
1
•••
I like the upgrade and am looking around as I type this message. One of the concerns I have is literally the layout is too White....any chance of the ability to adjust either theme or color to background at least?

Great job none the less!
 
1
•••
Is the Trader Rating the same as we previously had...and is it the Trader Score now?
Just wondering cause I don't recall ever getting a Negative TR, yet I only have a score of 84% :-/
 
2
•••
Is the Trader Rating the same as we previously had...and is it the Trader Score now?
Just wondering cause I don't recall ever getting a Negative TR, yet I only have a score of 84% :-/

I think that's Canadian exchange rate .....
 
1
•••
I guess thats a matter of opinion, I browse via iphone almost exclusively here and am now stuck in adaptive site hell, knowing there are features available to my fellow PC users uthat we mobile users no longer see.

Tell your phone to view it in desktop mode and you get the same as the PC viewers. Change theme to be "max width" and you lose adaptive hell. You can now view this site in EITHER mobile or pc whereas before you had to use the desktop view with all the fiddly lit buttons and drops downs. Even the widgets are better. I'm going to go out on a limb and say it's a fact not an opinion but I won't get hung up on it :)
 
0
•••
not a bug, or an issue, just a suggestion. is there a way to change font to something more readable, less curly at least in posts text-area? After being here almost for 9 years this current one is very unusual to read and to get used to. thanks.
 
1
•••
How do I set my viewing so I get the latest post on the first page. I can't seem to find that as I always get the first post and I have to click to get to the last page, which was the first page on the old board. Thanks for your help.
 
1
•••
Under My account -> Contact Details
Most of the links are not working.

Are these working now? I think this was a temporary issue due to DNS problems. Should work now.

All permalinks are broken, massive volume of 404 errors are coming you should setup some mayor redirections

Fixed.

Just made a reply in the Shawn Hogan thread, not showing up in New Posts.
Now this thread isn't showing up under New Posts for me, after I made this post.

New Posts only shows new posts that are "new" to you. If you've seen a post, it is no longer considered new. I think you want Recent Posts: https://www.namepros.com/find-new/posts?recent=1

Recent Posts will show you all recent posts, including the ones you've already seen, like your own.

Keep in mind that both of these pages generate a cached page each time you click them. They will not update again until you click "New Posts" or "Recent Posts" again.

In my account though my trade reviews decreased from more than 10 to 4 can you fix it?
My trade reviews vanished...

Will get this fixed soon.

It also seems I have a ridiculous amount of alerts every 5 minutes..lol

You can edit those here: https://www.namepros.com/account/alert-preferences

I am not sure I understand the " points " thing now...sorry. Is there an updated FAQ somewhere?

https://www.namepros.com/help/trophies

I browse via iphone almost exclusively here and am now stuck in adaptive site hell, knowing there are features available to my fellow PC users that we mobile users no longer see.

The mobile version should have everything that the desktop version does. To access those extra features that PC users see, tap on the icon with three horizontal bars. The new site is still missing some features for everyone.

Tell your phone to view it in desktop mode and you get the same as the PC viewers. Change theme to be "max width" and you lose adaptive hell.

Max Width is still responsive up to a maximum width. We could make a "Fixed Width" style, which would prevent it from being responsive, but there isn't a reason to do that since all the features are also available on mobile.

Any chance of the ability to adjust either theme or color to background at least?
is there a way to change font to something more readable, less curly at least in posts text-area?

We will create more styles for everyone to choose from.
 
2
•••
Thanks for clarifying Paul,

So at this point I'm not figuring out how to find the threads I've posted in that have new posts, is that now covered by alerts?

Also is viewing new posts first in a thread one of those things still missing?
 
1
•••
Not sure if it is my error or not. I posted a new thread and it did not appear within the new posts
 
Last edited by a moderator:
1
•••
New Posts only shows new posts that are "new" to you. If you've seen a post, it is no longer considered new. I think you want Recent Posts: https://www.namepros.com/find-new/posts?recent=1

Recent Posts will show you all recent posts, including the ones you've already seen, like your own.

Keep in mind that both of these pages generate a cached page each time you click them. They will not update again until you click "New Posts" or "Recent Posts" again.

Can you guys put the link to Recent Posts in the nav bar? It's the way the previous forum worked (and most others on the internet) and probably the link people click the most. Don't even know where to find that link here. I could bookmark it I guess, but it would be easier to have the link right in the nav bar.

Wanted to add, if I open another browser where I'm not logged in, I see the Recent Posts link, so it can be added to nav bar. Just now, when I wanted to come and edit this post, I have to take extra steps to find the thread.
 
Last edited:
1
•••
Update, yeah, I'm missing posts with the current setup. Heynow just posted in the Shawn Hogan thread, that's a new post. That thread/post isn't showing up for me when I click New Posts. In my other browser, where I'm signed out, that post/thread is showing up under Recent Posts.
 
1
•••
Wanted to add, if I open another browser where I'm not logged in, I see the Recent Posts link, so it can be added to nav bar. Just now, when I wanted to come and edit this post, I have to take extra steps to find the thread.

May I ask why you want Recent Posts? New Posts is the same thing minus what you've already seen.

The link for Recent Posts is on the same page as New Posts (above "Last Message" on the right).

Update, yeah, I'm missing posts with the current setup. Heynow just posted in the Shawn Hogan thread, that's a new post. That thread/post isn't showing up for me when I click New Posts. In my other browser, where I'm signed out, that post/thread is showing up.

I see it there. Try this link: https://www.namepros.com/find-new/posts
 
1
•••
Status
Not open for further replies.
DomainEasy: white label portfolios are live. Enable yours.

We're social

Escrow.com
Spaceship
Escrowly
CryptoExchange.com
Domain Recover

NamePros updates

New in Parking: updated way to act on many domains or inquiries at once
Your domain list and inquiry list now have a bar above and below the list. Check the items you want, then choose an action in the bar...
AIVikings
Catchy
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back