IT.COM
Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
The Government of Montenegro recognized the potential worldwide appeal that .ME could have and decided it should be operated as a generic name space to gain the maximum benefit for Montenegro. The Government issued a public RFP in November 2007. The goal of the RFP was to find a Registration Agent that could operate an international registry, provide world class backend registry services, and provide the marketing and promotional muscle needed to make .ME a worldwide success. Ultimately, we believe they made an excellent choice!

The contract was awarded to doMEn, d.o.o., a Montenegro based joint venture (doing business as .ME Registry) whose partners are Afilias Limited, GoDaddy.com, Inc., and ME-net d.o.o.

Landrush will start June 6 till June 26, domain names with more than 2 applications will go into Auction.

Go Live on July 17.

SO, what do you all think about the coming .me?

Last edited by a moderator:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
they dont have jay.me :P

defaultuser, what you developing?

•••
i'm starting getting trickle google.de traffic for "handy me" to my Handy.me (guess who's the number 1 in SERPs:notme:)

what can be more pleasant . lol
i attribute it to the ever rising trend of "me" branding of many-many sites, for example, german mobile apps site dailyme.tv

Last edited:
•••
i'm starting getting trickle google.de traffic for "handy me" to my Handy.me (guess who's the number 1 in SERPs:notme:)

what can be more pleasant . lol
i attribute it to the ever rising trend of "me" branding of many-many sites, for example, german mobile apps site dailyme.tv

Nice pic. I live on that street

•••
•••
looks like the dotme auction on Namejet was a major success, with many personal names fetching low xxxx, and some nice prices for wager.me, austin.me, etc --

actually surprised at the prices - christian.me also went for a high sale

looks like ME has legs, even in this abysmal economy --

•••
looks like the dotme auction on Namejet was a major success, with many personal names fetching low xxxx, and some nice prices for wager.me, austin.me, etc --

actually surprised at the prices - christian.me also went for a high sale
Is there a place where we can see all the results?

•••
Is there a place where we can see all the results?

I'm sure there will be a press release soon, and DNJ will publish some of the high results next week

I know steven.me went for over $2 K
nicole.me over 1800

and there were high sales for names such as james, robert, jasmin, savannah, etc -- wager.me sold for $1800, I think -- maybe more, or a little less -- not sure

we will know next week

I predict the sales total for those personal names will be about $200 K
but let's see

•••
nice sales :)

good thing I grabbed toni.me before this auction :D

Seems like renewal is coming up for a few of my .me's...

Can anyone beat 14.99 transfer pricing to Name.com??

ALLABOUTYOU/ALLABOUTU - .ME registrations $7.99, renewals $14.99, and transfers $14.99

Let me know :)
Toni

•••
•••
If you're looking to make a quick buck off reselling, dot MEs aren't where it's at.

The extension however is very brandable and great if you plan on developing an actual site.

•••
interestingly prices were decent enough for all firstname.me names, but I'd still like to see how many were hoarded by us domainers :P

•••
•••
•••
Thanks for the link. It has been good to see the new activity in the .me market. Reps added

Came across Tungle.me - Scheduling Made Easy while looking at something else today.

•••
me.me goes directly to yahoo social networking page
pretty cool
.me should be picking up soon

•••
me.me goes directly to yahoo social networking page
pretty cool
.me should be picking up soon

I came across this source today, which took me to yahoo's new service branded as MEME, not really sure what it is but they have a cool domain name for it with an awesome ccTLD supporting it, check it out yourself: ME.ME

yes that's right, big push for .me extension IMHO :gn:

•••
•••
IMO, it would be good for .me if this url (me.me) was advertised like no_url_shorteners by facebook. so far, i have heard no announcement talked by blogs, etc. as of now, no exposure -> nothing positive for the .me promotion.

•••
Selling TWO dot MEs at Bido.

Bido.com - Domain Name Auctions

---------- Post added at 06:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:37 PM ----------

IMO, it would be good for .me if this url (me.me) was advertised like no_url_shorteners by facebook. so far, i have heard no announcement talked by blogs, etc. as of now, no exposure -> nothing positive for the .me promotion.

It's not going to sell itself as me dot me but as meme: the transmission of ideas in cultural kind of way.

•••
I picked up CreditReports.me recently. any thoughts on this one? i only own a few .me

•••
Yahoo purchased me.me via a Sedo broker, and due to an "essential branding strategy" - according to a few reports I read, with a quote from Yahoo's product manager

what does this mean? not a whole lot - but it shows that Yahoo went after the name (me.me), and was willing to pay

•••
•••
•••
Guys anyone knows of a working code for .me renewals (Godaddy)?

Or where is it best to transfer the Lot?

I see Name.com let's me save a dollar each but thats not really worth the hassle..

Thanks..

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back