Dynadot
Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
The Government of Montenegro recognized the potential worldwide appeal that .ME could have and decided it should be operated as a generic name space to gain the maximum benefit for Montenegro. The Government issued a public RFP in November 2007. The goal of the RFP was to find a Registration Agent that could operate an international registry, provide world class backend registry services, and provide the marketing and promotional muscle needed to make .ME a worldwide success. Ultimately, we believe they made an excellent choice!

The contract was awarded to doMEn, d.o.o., a Montenegro based joint venture (doing business as .ME Registry) whose partners are Afilias Limited, GoDaddy.com, Inc., and ME-net d.o.o.

Landrush will start June 6 till June 26, domain names with more than 2 applications will go into Auction.

Go Live on July 17.

SO, what do you all think about the coming .me?

Last edited by a moderator:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I listed 4 MEs - 2 former auction.

One has 13 UV to the page in 2 days (not a lot) but the domain has NEVER BEEN MENTIONED anywhere until now. xref*me.

It was going to be my personal landing page.... (the info is listed for 2.5k ? )

I found that interesting as I expected all to be 0. Was thinking of dropping it...now I'm thinking its just time to switch from wannabe domainer to actual developer.

•••
NameJet is auctioning 313 previously unreleased first name and surname .ME domains.

•••
Most popular up to now with 5 bids is the first in the list

Adam .me - over $500

•••
.ME domains names

Hello,

What are you thinking of .me domains names

Do you believe these dn have great future?

Are they wanted for the moment, and so on ....

What are they for commercial use , or targeted to blog like website

Thanks anf regards,

Fastburning ( 3wdn)

•••
IMO, only quality domain hack has value. e.g. Call.me, Help.me.

•••
They already have a bright present though maybe not in a domainer's perspective but that's because domain.me played it smart (and unethical?) and kept all the good ones for themselves.

Those are no hacks... h.elp.me that's a hack.

•••
I agree.

Ani.me, Fla.me, and among others are also valuable.

•••
•••
•••
•••
•••
--removed--domains moved to make an offer section. sorry.

Last edited:
•••
Just registered..
lifestyle.me

•••
NameJet is auctioning 313 previously unreleased first name and surname .ME domains.
How much would you be willing to pay for your name in dot me? I am thinking about bidding on my name, but of course it would be held by me and not resold. Are these names worth the $400-$500 that they are seeing or is this just not worth it?

•••
How much would you be willing to pay for your name in dot me? I am thinking about bidding on my name, but of course it would be held by me and not resold. Are these names worth the $400-$500 that they are seeing or is this just not worth it?

Not worth it. Register IAMXXX.COM or XXXXISME.COM. i don't think the .ME even adds anything in this context.

Depends how Vain you are .. lol

•••

The more common my name, the more I'd pay.

•••
The more common my name, the more I'd pay.

You could always change your name to match the domain.

My name is going to be "asdjngle.me"

•••
My name is already over $600,and it ends on Friday, so I'll pass. My prediction - it will sell for over 3K (no thanks)

I saw where christian.me sold for over 2 K today today.

•••
You could always change your name to match the domain.

My name is going to be "asdjngle.me"

Thanks, but No Thanks!
I've already got myname.me. :sold:

•••
call.me just proved it had value - as it sold for near $30,000
I'm a big fan of .me myself got some hacks like Supre.me and Regi.me (had Fearso.me but sold it)

•••
Ditto. There are few .me domains of that caliber that are truly valuable, and they are all auctioned off by the registry. As usual, domainers will pick up the crumbs and dream :gl:

•••
The only thing holding .me back is the recession IMO.
There are some good names out there in the .me extension and as type in traffic continues to decline, people will realise that rather than paying stupendous amounts of money for overpriced .coms which are just sat on a parking page i.e. America.com, they can utilize cctlds just as well for branding purposes. For 2 quarters of 2009, for example, the average selling price for .co.uk exceded the average selling price for .com at Sedo, which is one of the biggest marketplaces.

•••
I wonder if thingslike that movie dispicable me with their .me promotion will make any .me hype...

•••
Yes the game is to find the best tdl according to our dn

easy dot net sounds greater easy dot com

Or find dot us or strike dot me sounds greater than find dot com and son on

Strike dot me an new sa*omas*chis* new website

I was joking .... but the marketability is not high in comparison of the dot com though their dev potential is high somtimes...

Great to hearing from you buddies, tell us a max of your experience on .me tdl

---------- Post added at 12:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:07 PM ----------

Sorry , i mean tld ( top level domain) not tdl as written

•••
The only thing holding .me back is the recession IMO.
It has already overtaken .name gTLD as a "personal" TLD. I posted the latest stats for .me a few days ago. While a lot of the domains would be bubble type domains, it is doing remarkably well for a domain hack type domain and is very brandable.

There are some good names out there in the .me extension and as type in traffic continues to decline, people will realise that rather than paying stupendous amounts of money for overpriced .coms which are just sat on a parking page i.e. America.com, they can utilize cctlds just as well for branding purposes.
The .com TLD has the mindshare in that everyone has heard of it and immediately recognises it. However I think that over the last year or so there has been a shift towards ccTLDs as these markets focus inwards because of the recession.

For 2 quarters of 2009, for example, the average selling price for .co.uk exceded the average selling price for .com at Sedo, which is one of the biggest marketplaces.
The ccTLD prices will be the ones to watch in the next twelve months. Some of them will do well but a few are going to find it very difficult going. The .co.uk and .de ccTLDs would be the obvious leaders as they are effectively super ccTLDs. What will be interesting to see is if the .cn ccTLD domain count goes below the number of .uk domains (currently around 8 million).

Regards...jmcc

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back