IT.COM
NameSilo
Watch

McDuke

Top Member
Impact
Tired of annoying web extensions?

Wish it was a .com only world?

Feeling negative, cynical, grumpy, or you just want to join the fun?

Well here is the place for you.

The I Hate gTLD's Thread

pitchforks-torches-mob.jpg

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Did you ever stop to think that maybe YOU'RE the one here who might need a time out and maybe a little seed money for a .MATURE

hi there.. nearly all your posts are confusing.

•••
Did you ever stop to think that maybe YOU'RE the one here who might need a time out and maybe a little seed money for a .MATURE

I thought the last post was quite cogent. Just because something isn't a good investment doesn't mean that the idea is dead on arrival.

Some people get too invested in their beliefs making reasonable discussion impossible, It's quite possible for there to be a sea change in the internet without the domainers being the driver.

These things are just names. The idea that one name is and will forever remain superior is simply not going to hold. Once upon a time people ran around the US with names like Gertrude, Nellie, and Eleanor. They used to dressed their boys in dresses:
pink-and-blue-Franklin-Roosevelt-2.jpg
. Even until recently nice girls didn't get tattoos:
TattooGirl1.jpg

•••
slow down folks ……you have the rest of your life to hate all these new fandaggled gtld's

•••
slow down folks ……you have the rest of your life to hate all these new fandaggled gtld's

yup everyone is suffering from asymmetric insight :D

There is no right, no wrong, just actions that time will either reward or make a domainer feel like they have a fork stuck in their eye.

•••
People are still allowed to hate gTLD's though. :)

•••
i hate .xyz What's the point i wonder ?

•••
Actually it might be one of the smarter new gTLDs in that it inherently differentiates itself from the rest by not being like the rest. :) Of course it could end up with minimal registrations but it has the capability to go viral with the right marketing.

Regards...jmcc

•••

"Hate" seems to be a bit strong when it comes to gTLDs.

:)

I have to say that I'm definitely lukewarm toward .xyz; it looks funny and connotes "bringing up the rear," not where I would want to be (except in war, maybe).

It's also a bit clunky to type in.

It could become one of those "cultish" trends that pop up, but I'm not betting on that.

I tend to over think things, but my gut tells me that this one will be a loser.

•••
xyz can mean the three axis, which is so important in computer modeling

•••
I have been doing some outbound marketing lately on some premium keyword .TV domains. There have been several reported sales where the .COM owner did buy the corresponding .TV. Now I'm sure these are end users - not investors buying lesser extensions. Anyway, so I check to see if the .COM is developed or parked. Usually the .COM, .Net, .Org and a couple CCTLDs are also parked. True, premium .COM owners often price their domains in the stratosphere which could be beyond the budget of many small businesses. But if all these other extensions which have been around for a decade or longer still haven't found an end user that wants their domain for a lesser price, what does that say about the demand in general for alt TLDs? There is absolutely no need for all these new extensions. It will take years for end user demand to soak up the existing alternatives much less move on to tier ten alternatives that up to now noone has even heard of.

•••
xyz can mean the three axis, which is so important in computer modeling

Most potential end users are not into computer modeling.

So I would call this a "niche" market.

•••
Last edited:
•••
•••
Those what is my .whatever worth questions will get really annoying.

There should be a forum just for that.

Reg'd dotwhatev.com :D

•••

The registry says .xyz will be a success because the alphabet ends in xyz and so should domain names (?). Sounds weak to me lol.

They also claim .xyz will succeed because .guru did. There are days when .com registrations for one or two days equate to all of the .guru regs so far though.

---------- Post added at 11:37 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:35 AM ----------

Those what is my .whatever worth questions will get really annoying.

There should be a forum just for that.

Reg'd dotwhatev.com :D

Eww, just as awful as the Registrar you used... GoDaddy. Why don't you use hexonet.net... a lot better and cheaper.

•••
[/COLOR] hexonet.net... a lot better and cheaper.

Never heard of it, i guess that's why i didn't use it. Plus GoDaddy has smokin hot babes on the payroll.

•••
For those who are changing faith and need help finding a new gTLD name I know of a site that can help.

Last edited:
•••
•••
If I had the money, I would def bring out a .HATE extension. Lots of demand for it, lol.

•••
If I had the money, I would def bring out a .HATE extension. Lots of demand for it, lol.

lol, you'd probably get a few good customers here by the look of it !

•••

you would be stealing all the .sucks people , but at their prices that seems fair

•••
For those who are changing faith and need help finding a new gTLD name I know of a site that can help.
Maybe time for you to register a .spammy

•••
•••
Only one case but what one can probably expect from most new TLDs - StockMarket.guru sells for $155 at Flippa while the .COM is for sale for 5 million euros at SEDO. At Godaddy .GURU renewals are $28/year and it wouldn't surprise me if this domain was acquired for $XXX. Take out the listing fee & commission and what do you get... But at least the registrant doesn't get stuck paying renewals...

•••
Only one case but what one can probably expect from most new TLDs - StockMarket.guru sells for $155 at Flippa while the .COM is for sale for 5 million euros at SEDO. At Godaddy .GURU renewals are $28/year and it wouldn't surprise me if this domain was acquired for $XXX. Take out the listing fee & commission and what do you get... But at least the registrant doesn't get stuck paying renewals...

ludicrous, what are these people thinking ? The earth is flat and it will and shall be flat ! ;)

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back