Dynadot

alert The fund can't be withdrawal from Epik.com via Masterbucks wallet

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

enamebroker

Top Member
Impact
It happened on 23rd Aug 2022 and this matter lasted almost one month without any process. Masterbucks.com declined my fund withdrawal and disabled the button of fund withdrawal. And I contacted Epik.com and got no further action even if Rob Monster got involved in it for two weeks. All the time I was told in email by management review.

What is wrong with Epik.com? Do you think it is normal to disable fund withdrawal? How can I get back my fund from Epik.com? Thanks for your suggestion.

Capture4.JPG

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
George Kirikos in his NP posts, twitter and freespeech dot com ( https://freespeech.com/category/icann/ ) has a lot of useful info / findings about the industry in general and ICANN in particular.

I'd say that ICANN should be considered as a pure business. They issued a breach notice only after a number of their invoices were unpaid. So, as in any business, their income is the amount they have available after paying for necessary expenses. In Epik context, their expenses are probably time/money spent processing various complaints (and, maintaining the "public image" if it matters). They made a separate blog post about Epik, which is uncommon. Or, in other words, they probably found (or are close to find) that it is no more profitable to maintain the registrar with 617 IANA ID in accredited status. Just imho.

•••
Let me translate...

The company that has spent the last year scamming people will retain these garbage assets and liabilities, while everything of any potential value will be transferred to some week old company using the same "brand" name.

This deal is designed to split the assets and liabilities, especially to customers.

Any asset transfer should require the assets AND liabilities.

Maybe Epik should be forced to actually sell an asset like TerraHost, to make these victims whole. It seems like it is about the only thing of any actual value in the asset transfer.

Brad
Epik Holdings Inc is owned by Rob Monster, and Kingdom Ventures LLC is owned by Rob Monster.

Epik Escrow customers that got Masterbucks should be paid from Rob Monster's private equity interests. Rob will be getting paid from these.

•••
•••
Over the last couple decades I have been a part of dozens of ops, maybe a hundred or more, taking down and putting away, in one way or another, very bad people. You can always feel when the end is coming, the momentum picks up and the wave builds and once that happens there is no stopping it. Now all that remains is making as big a dent in these evil and greedy actors as possible.

If anyone else like Gabriele is out there please post your story.
i have 62284usd still can't get cashout .
new ceo give me 5% or no payment at all = choosen .

epik-broyce.png

•••

Show attachment 240056
Wow! I am very sorry to hear this. it is disgusting what they did to you and how they tried to force you to settle. Brian Royce is a despicable liar. He continued to claim that there were no more escrow creditors due knowing you and Gabriele and Igor and others existed. Hopefully we can all go after Rob Monster and his wife's assets and get everyone paid back. Thank you for posting this.

Last edited:
•••
Epik still hasn’t released my 15281.25k USD. What to do?

•••
So that shitty offensive letter wasn't even a one off, personalised, genuine piece. It's just a "type name here" template. Shows how much they really care about customers and also gives an idea of how many victims there are they couldn't even take the time to type honest, heartfelt letters to individuals. Absolutely shocking.

•••
So that shitty offensive letter wasn't even a one off, personalised, genuine piece. It's just a "type name here" template. Shows how much they really care about customers and also gives an idea of how many victims there are they couldn't even take the time to type honest, heartfelt letters to individuals. Absolutely shocking.
The customers are the ones expected to lose money because of Epik's mismanagement. >:(

No only that, but Brian Royce and Rob Monster want praise for their efforts to "save" Epik.

Normally the escrow company receives around a 5% commission and you keep 95%.

With Epik's "escrow" they keep 95% and you might get 5%.

Or, you might get a full refund a year later, only after filing a RICO lawsuit.

This asset transfer is simply designed to benefit certain creditors and cover for Epik's blatant abuse of customers.

Brad

Last edited:
•••
I have a domain that's still under lease with Epik. It's a 5-year lease with over a year remaining. I tried contacting the buyer to move the domain (and the payments... ) but they're not responding. I'm wondering what will happen to this domain when Epik finally goes under. Taking bets! :)
Update:
The situation is worse and more hilarious than I could ever have anticipated. This month's installment is straight up just gone. I didn't even get useless masterbucks for it, I suppose this is because masterbucks and epik are now separate entities. No masterbucks, no account credit, no notification that they received payment, nothing. The buyer's installments go straight into the pockets of @Epik Domains
https://www.namepros.com/threads/ic...ch-to-epik-inc-iana-617.1303398/#post-8940309

So now we have yet another level of Epik victims.

Brad

Last edited:
•••

Show attachment 240056

wow seriously 5percent..what a deal..one might consider settling for 5percent less in extreme cases but to offer 5percent of total is the ultimate of insults and abominations

•••
I don't remember without looking but the total for ICANN and registries I think was like $1.6M The timing is all very suspicious.
There were entries other than registry/ICANN debts on that list. Read the attachment section of the breach notice. ( https://www.icann.org/uploads/compliance_notice/attachment/1205/hedlund-to-royce-1jun2023.pdf ). It looks like Epik had been ignoring its obligations under the registrar agreement (RAA). It also gives a timeline of events.

I'm not sure what Epik managment thinks it is doing but Epik is facing being deaccredited as a gTLD registrar if it does not comply with the RAA and cure the breach. It doesn't matter if it is Epik Holdings or Epik. These problems have to be addressed and if they are not then Epik will be terminated as a gTLD registrar. It doesn't get more serious than this for Epik because most of Epik's registrations are gTLD registrations.

"If by 22 June 2023 Epik fails to take the action and provide the information described in items 1
through 4 above and cure the breach, ICANN shall commence the RAA termination process."

Regards...jmcc

•••
Going by the actual breach notice, it didn't seem like anyone at Epik really responded in a serious manner.
It looks like Epik management (perhaps apart from Monster who was replaced by Royce) didn't understand the situation.

I think ICANN realizes the difficult situation they have been put in.
ICANN can only act on complaints and within the registrar agreement. It was foolish of Epik management to underestimate it.

Issuing a detailed statement like they did, is not something you normally see.
The blog post also addresses the payments issues:
"If customers of this registrar have concerns about services that Epik provides outside of the RAA (e.g., transactions related to the sale or purchase of domain names through Epik's auction site), they may consider seeking legal advice as to how they might obtain relief."

Regards...jmcc

Last edited:
•••
If Brian Royce wasn't a giant POS he would have made a list of all the victims, the customer victims, and published that total amount and said we need to pay all these people back, first. Then sold off assets with no concern for anything else. Screw ICANN, the registries and everything and everyone else. You pay back customers first. When he says he was just worried about the company or fiduciary responsibility BS what he really meant was he won't get anything if there is no sale. I really hope the feds don't miss this simple fact and stick his lying ass to wall.

•••
•••
RM says he is back, and strong Epik coming. I want to believe it is true, and I will help them with small sales (initially), and registrations/renewals. My only requirement: my balance in instore and masterbucks should be usable for registration and renewal. For big sales, my requirement would be , withdrawability.

Since Afternic is getting worse for no explainable reason (hidden fixed price), we need working alternatives. Competition is good.

Last edited:
•••
•••
Since Afternic is getting worse for no explainable reason (hidden fixed price), we need working alternatives. Competition is good.
Can you name one situation where Afternic misappropriated a customer's "escrow" funds for a year, or for any length of time? How about demanding customers settle for 5% of what they are actually owed?

My only requirement: my balance in instore and masterbucks should be usable for registration and renewal. For big sales, my requirement would be , withdrawability.
I think you need to read the last several pages of the thread.

Masterbucks and "In-store credit" are now supposedly two different things, at two different companies.

I can see where the confusion would come from, since Epik apparently shifted the funds around when it was convenient for them.

Brad

Last edited:
•••
It was foolish of Epik management to underestimate it.

There's nothing foolish about a "full rest" by shutting down E registrar. Purpose of __a new? CEO__ is now clear. imo

Regards

Last edited:
•••
RM says he is back, and strong Epik coming. I want to believe it is true, and I will help them with small sales (initially), and registrations/renewals. My only requirement: my balance in instore and masterbucks should be usable for registration and renewal. For big sales, my requirement would be , withdrawability.

Wake Up

•••

Bro are you serious? Are you blind? It is people like you that Rob prays on, come on, after all that has been said and done you still want to help them? Incredible! I do not know what to say to you, be safe man!

•••
•••
The customers are the ones expected to lose money because of Epik's mismanagement. >:(

No only that, but Brian Royce and Rob Monster want praise for their efforts to "save" Epik.

Normally the escrow company receives around a 5% commission and you keep 95%.

With Epik's "escrow" they keep 95% and you might get 5%.

Or, you might get a full refund a year later, only after filing a RICO lawsuit.

This asset transfer is simply designed to benefit certain creditors and cover for Epik's blatant abuse of customers.

Brad
The Monster has been loosed from the pit and his chains removed and he has 9 months of rage built up to let lose on those that have dared to defame his good name. Royce has taken his spoils and slunk back into his cave.

The Age of Grace has come to an end. The victims have been raptured and delivered from their tormentors. Now begins the age of judgement. (BTW - the Bible (Gospel) is and has always been ALL grace)

Never run an op if you have to hurt innocent people. If you're not smart enough to run it without collateral damage you don't run it. Looking at you Brian Royce. You should be ashamed of yourself but I know you are not able to so just don't do it again in my world.

Anyway. I for one am looking forward to phase 2.

Show attachment 239067
Brian was CEO of Unified Commerce Company for 3 years and 9 months and then Epik for 9 months. That's not a seasoned CEO.

Last edited:
•••
Am I reading this right? I don't have time to catch-up on 20 or so pages, but it appears that, after speed reading posts, Epik LLC acknowledges that Rob Monster is BACK, with a shiny new LLC, and literally dumped off his creditors (i.e. honest domainers/customers who used his services, and Rob never paid) with his old Incorporation and sold the assets of that old INC to his shiny new LLC?

My GOD someone needs to make a documentary of this BS...We need governmental re-form in the domain industry.

On the flip side, it does appear Kathleen Kalaf was finally paid in full, as well as another domainer for their sales of their domain names via Epik INC. BUT it also appears there are some lesser-known customers of Epik who have NOT been given their USD, which was owed to them...

•••
There's nothing foolish about a "full rest" by shutting down E registrar. Purpose of __a new? CEO__ is now clear. imo
Epik management underestimated ICANN's resolve on this issue. That was foolish. There was no "full rest".

Regards...jmcc

•••
Bro are you serious? Are you blind? It is people like you that Rob prays on, come on, after all that has been said and done you still want to help them? Incredible! I do not know what to say to you, be safe man!
Rob doesn't prey on people like this guy, he partners with them. Ask him...I didn't bother because I already know.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back