IT.COM

news ICANN Sends Notice of Breach to Epik Inc. (IANA #617)

NameSilo
Watch

Bipul

Established Member
Impact
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Hat tip, my friend, @bmugford first to report.
https://www.namepros.com/threads/th...terbucks-wallet.1284050/page-294#post-8932543

Epik has until June 22, 2023 for D-Day (worst case)
IMG_4886.jpeg

Last edited:
•••
Last edited:
•••
opps don't notice. can be merged or removed if needed.
Nooo!!! It’s not like that, but i like you.

I just didnt like DNW didnt credit @bmugford and they are my favorite blog; when they reported it; after him : )) I thought taking that to DNW comments; but thought better of it. I come in peace; let’s all hold hands and look at the bigger picture.

Hope mods dont move this.

Last edited:
•••
opps didn't notice. can be merged or removed if needed.
I think it is such an important piece of news that this separate thread is welcomed.

So thanks for creating it @Bipul.

Last edited:
•••
I think it is such an important piece of news that this separate thread is welcomed.
Indeed, just so I can get my head around the processes - what actually happens to all the domains at Epik ?. If compliance (or buyer) isn't secured.

Last edited:
•••
•••
Epik did not respond to previous notice(s) from ICANN.

I think we can all agree that this is not a smart thing to do.

From the PDF mentioned above:

1685738227445.png

•••
•••
Thank you very much for the update. But I want the registrar not to close like this.

There are many resellers. Those who have resell domains from epik.

As for Epik's problems, it could have a negative impact on their business.

Last edited:
•••
Thank you very much for the update. But I want the registrar not to close like this.

There are many resellers. Those who have resell domains from epik.

As for Epik's problems, it could have a negative impact on their business.
That is a sad observation, but I am afraid that these resellers will also be seriously affected by this - or perhaps already are.

•••
That is a sad observation, but I am afraid that these resellers will also be seriously affected by this - or perhaps already are.
Yes right, many are already facing problems. Even their customer support is not getting any response.

Last edited:
•••
I have a domain that's still under lease with Epik. It's a 5-year lease with over a year remaining. I tried contacting the buyer to move the domain (and the payments... ) but they're not responding. I'm wondering what will happen to this domain when Epik finally goes under. Taking bets! :)

•••
I have a domain that's still under lease with Epik. It's a 5-year lease with over a year remaining. I tried contacting the buyer to move the domain (and the payments... ) but they're not responding. I'm wondering what will happen to this domain when Epik finally goes under. Taking bets! :)
Are the payments still going smoothly for that lease? Good luck.

•••
Are the payments still going smoothly for that lease? Good luck.
Yeah, the buyer probably set up automatic payment. It would be best if they defaulted as that would allow me to move the domain elsewhere. I mean I don't want to screw them over, I'd be happy to resume the lease with another provider. I can't really do anything though if they're not going to respond. My name and contacts are in the whois, so theoretically I should be okay.

Last edited:
•••
They should go to jail for Fraud!!

•••
funny how there is no mention of the Registry's in this letter, not the registrants, just ICANN fees.

•••
Update:
The situation is worse and more hilarious than I could ever have anticipated. This month's installment is straight up just gone. I didn't even get useless masterbucks for it, I suppose this is because masterbucks and epik are now separate entities. No masterbucks, no account credit, no notification that they received payment, nothing. The buyer's installments go straight into the pockets of @Epik Domains

•••
In March 2023, the Internet Corporation for Assigned Names and Numbers organization (ICANN org) began receiving complaints alleging that the registrar Epik Inc. (Epik) is not processing domain name renewals in a timely manner despite having collected payment. The complaints also alleged that Epik's customer support is not providing timely or substantive responses to customers inquiries. All complaints received by ICANN org have been, or are in the process of, being addressed. These include the complaints referenced in the formal breach notice ICANN org issued to this registrar on 1 June 2023.

https://www.icann.org/en/blogs/deta...egistrants-impacted-by-epik-inc-09-06-2023-en

Last edited:
•••

Attachments

• screenshot-www.namepros.com-2023.06.11-00_20_46.png
    screenshot-www.namepros.com-2023.06.11-00_20_46.png
    285.3 KB · Views: 66
•••
Back