IT.COM

alert The fund can't be withdrawal from Epik.com via Masterbucks wallet

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

enamebroker

Top Member
Impact
It happened on 23rd Aug 2022 and this matter lasted almost one month without any process. Masterbucks.com declined my fund withdrawal and disabled the button of fund withdrawal. And I contacted Epik.com and got no further action even if Rob Monster got involved in it for two weeks. All the time I was told in email by management review.

What is wrong with Epik.com? Do you think it is normal to disable fund withdrawal? How can I get back my fund from Epik.com? Thanks for your suggestion.

Capture4.JPG

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Look at this comment on DomainNameWire.com, trying to blame the victim. Unbelievable.

dnw.jpg

Here is my response, that hasn't posted yet -

Sorry, but there are many victims other than Matthew Adkisson. He is just one of the people who was scammed by Epik's unlicensed "escrow" service.

Kathleen Kalaf was scammed out of $100K via Epik's "escrow" services as well.

https://domainnamewire.com/2022/12/05/an-epik-victim-tells-her-story/

There are many other customers who would not get a dime if this transfer went through.

This deal is clearly about shifting assets and liabilities.

Epik (Washington) wants to shift the assets of value to Epik LLC in Wyoming to an unknown buyer.

Why Wyoming? To shield assets.

3. Asset Protection & High Privacy
There are several benefits in incorporating in Wyoming for small businesses. The first time entrepreneurs and asset protection along with high privacy are two of the foremost advantages. Wyoming has one of the strongest asset protection laws in the nation. Unlike some states like California; in Wyoming, creditors will be unable to force sale of assets. Once you incorporate in Wyoming, you will also be able to take advantage of the limited liability protection under which business owners will not be responsible for any business debts or liabilities. The state also ensures businesses can enjoy privacy. The law ensures that business owner, manager or member information is not required to be listed on the state’s public database.

At the same time Epik is specifically excluding assets like Masterbucks, and trying to leave those debts behind in Washington...in a company with no valuable assets left.

The plaintiff did not ruin anything.

Escrow funds are supposed to be separated. They are not a companies to do with as they please. There is no excuse for taking a $300,000+ escrow payment and not transferring the domain or returning the money for a year.

The people who ruined Epik were Rob Monster, Brian Royce, and anyone else involved in this scheme.

Brad

Last edited:
•••
In the old days, i would have believed it was a coordinated attempt at epik; but the evidence of fraud and legitimate money owed to victims is too much.

Last edited:
•••
In the old days, i would have believed it was a coordinated attempt at epik; but the evidence of fraud and legitimate money owed to victims is too much.
Yeah, this has nothing to do with any broad conspiracy.

Epik/Rob took a $327,000 "escrow" payment in May 2022 and didn't transfer the domain or return the money for a year.

Epik took a $100K "escrow" payment in September 2022 for Kathleen's domain, and kept the real money while sticking her with worthless fake currency (Masterbucks).

These never were Epik's funds in the first place. If the escrow funds were held separately, as appropriate, none of this could have ever happened.

It is only possible because of corporate abuse, otherwise the escrow funds would still be there.

These transactions are straightforward. There is no one else to blame.

Brad

Last edited:
•••
•••
Nice find! If anyone reports this; they better cite you; were first to report.
You have until June 22, 2023 for D-Day (Worst Case)

Her Department is redacted; but name isnt.
The Signature is redacted; but name isnt.

Wacky ICANN email! Good Security habits i guess. : )) Surprised Cc: Portion is not redacted! Nice find, again.
IMG_4886.jpeg

Last edited:
•••
Precisely. The main thing Icann gets excited about is getting paid. With respect to compliance issues, Epik has been fixing the ones that complain, but, as noted previously, eventually ICANN will tell the registrar it must fix the systemic problem.

So, whoever wants the Good Ship Epik to stay above the waves is going to have to shell out some cash between now and June 22 or it’s game over.

The ICANN process takes time, but once they have their teeth in, it can be hard to shake them off.

•••
As much as I would love to see discovery and watch Royce and Monster deposed it really would be best for everyone to get paid -- customers first, secured creditors next and Royce and other share holders NOT. And then shareholders and creditors left short can sue Monster and his wife into oblivion until feds come and take him away for a long vacation in a cold cell, like so many others are right now because of this POS.

But if it's not possible bring on the discovery! Let's go!!

•••
lt has begun.

Last edited:
•••
Steps to take ASAP if you have ANY domains at Epik that you WANT to keep. Remember the 21-day countdown has ALREADY started (started June 1st) till Epik has to prove they FIXED their financial issues (egarding ICANN fees & domain renewals / transfers -- which is unlikely -- or ICANN starts the termination process. Transfers typically take 5-7 days to complete + time to gather the domain info needed to start the process, remember auth codes have to be obtained individually at Epik.

#1. REMOVE WHOIS Privacy on ALL your domains at Epik and VERIFY the Registrant / domain ownership info is accurate, so it is easy to tell who owns the domain. Use an authoritative WHOIS to check the current registrant info.
lookup.icann. org/en (remove the space BEFORE org to get link to work)

(If Epik loses ICAAN accreditation, gTLDs will likely be taken over by another registrar and you will NEED to PROVE ownership of your domain(s). Do NOT assume that Epik has kept accurate records of domain ownership for ANY domain with them. (Search the pheenix. com registrar takeover for how bad things can get in this regard).

#2. Start the transfer-out process for ALL the domains you want to save ASAP (and by that I mean get the transfer process started within a few days if at all possible). If you can't afford to transfer out ALL the domains you want to keep, transfer out the most valuable / important domains ASAP followed by domains that are closest to expiration. REMEMBER you will have to get auth codes one at a time, so this may take significant time if you have many domains.

#3. Once the domain transfer out process has been started at the receiving registrar, keep an eye out for any issues with the transfer process. 24 hours after the transfers were started, use an authoritative WHOIS to check the current domain status.

Status SHOULD show "pending transfer", if it does NOT, check the receiving registrar for any issues they mention, ie invalid auth code, etc. If none are mentioned, attempt to contact Epik customer support.

#4. Wait another 24 hours (2 days from when transfers started). Check the authoritative WHOIS again. If it STILL does not show "pending transfer" status, double check your receiving registrar for any issues they mention (also check spam folder, etc). If no issues are found and Epik support hasn't fixed the issue, file a complaint with ICANN listing ALL the gTLD domains you are having issues transferring out of Epik.
icann. org/compliance/complaint (remove the space BEFORE org to get link to work)
NOTE: ccTLD's are NOT covered by ICANN policies, but still advisable to transfer them out too.

#5.
It goes without saying do NOT ATTEMPT to RENEW any domains at Epik since they have a history of taking the money without renewing the domain in a timely manner OR in some cases never renewing the domain at all!!!

#6. Regardless of the above, there is NO guarantee that the above will work and/or for how long it will work, especially steps 2-5. So far, Epik is ensuring domains with ICANN complaints transfer out, but as the ICANN deadline gets closer and closer, the odds become higher & higher that this method will NOT keep working. As a result, the SOONER you start the transfer process, the HIGHER the odds you will succeed in transferring your domains.

Wishing everyone the best in getting out of this Epik failure.

Last edited:
•••
Folks, without getting too hung up on obsessive sovereign citizen legal principles, if you make a mark on a piece of paper and intend it as your signature, then it is your signature.

For example, as you might imagine, my blind daughter's signature never looks the same twice either.

It's not an issue.

hmm I don't get it when I go my bank and I sign different they ask me try again. i guess one day we all go cyber with iris or fingerprint or facials.. but we not there yeyt

•••
Steps to take ASAP if you have ANY domains at Epik that you WANT to keep. Remember the 21-day countdown (started June 1st) till Epik has to FIX everything (very unlikely) or ICANN starts the termination process has ALREADY started. Transfers typically take 5-7 days to complete + time to gather the domain info needed to start the process, remember auth codes have to be obtained individually.

#1. REMOVE WHOIS Privacy on ALL your domains at Epik and VERIFY the domain ownership info is accurate, so it is easy to tell who owns the domain. (If Epik loses ICAAN accreditation, the domains will likely be taken over by another registrar and you will NEED to PROVE ownership of the domain. Do NOT assume that Epik has kept accurate records of domain ownership for ANY domain with them. (Search the pheenix. com registrar takeover for how bad things can get in this regard).

#2. Start the transfer-out process for ALL the domains you want to save ASAP (and by that I mean get the transfer process started within a few days if at all possible). If you can't afford to transfer out ALL the domains you want to keep, transfer out the most valuable / important domains ASAP. REMEMBER you will have to get auth codes one at a time, so this will take a LOT of time if you have many domains.

#3. Once the domain transfer out process has been started at the receiving registrar, keep an eye out for any issues with the transfer process. 24 hours after the transfers were started, use an authoritative WHOIS to check the current domain status.

Status SHOULD show "pending transfer", if it does NOT, check the receiving registrar for any issues they mention, ie invalid auth code, etc. If none are mentioned, attempt to contact Epik customer support.

#4. Wait another 24 hours (2 days from when transfers started). Check the authoritative WHOIS again. If it STILL does not show "pending transfer" status, double check your receiving registrar for any issues they mention (also check spam folder, etc). If no issues are found and Epik support hasn't fixed the issue, file a complaint with ICANN listing ALL the domains you are having issues transferring out of Epik.
icann. org/compliance/complaint (remove the space BEFORE org to get link to work)

#5. It goes without saying do NOT ATTEMPT to RENEW domains at Epik since they have a history of taking the money without actually renewing the domain in a timely manner or even never renewing it at all.

#6. Regardless of the above, there is NO guarantee that the above will work and/or how long it will work, especially steps 2-5. So far, Epik is ensuring domains with ICANN complaints transfer out, but as the ICANN deadline gets closer and closer, the odds become higher & higher that this method will NOT keep working. The earlier you start the transfer process, the higher the odds you will succeed in transferring your domains.
Right, imagine 21 days to evacuate being the best case scenario. Worst case is your domains are transferred to new company run by a anonymous person tomorrow or first thing next week.

Monster turning over all his "conservative" customers to some anonymous person proves that he never cared. A part of me really hopes the buyer is George Soros.

•••
Right, imagine 21 days to evacuate being the best case scenario. Worst case is your domains are transferred to new company run by a anonymous person tomorrow or first thing next week.
Very unlikely, since the judge seems to be fast-tracking the Temporary Restraining Order which would seem very likely to be approved tomorrow (Friday).

Last edited:
•••
It’s worth mentioning that ICANN is not just requiring that they get paid, but that Epik settle its accounts with other service providers necessary to its registrar services. If you look at the debt list from the litigation, they owe Identity Digital (one of the new tld registries) over $350k.

That chowderhead Royce has been there since last September. He’s got 22 days to find some tall cash, and I doubt he could find his own ass with both hands.

•••
As for transfers, country code domains (.co, .me, .io, .ai just to name a few) are outside ICANN umbrella. If you have such domains @ Epik - then the potential termination of ICANN accreditation would not necessary have direct impact on these domains @ Epik, nor would they be transferred to another registrar as a part of ICANN termination process. It still makes sense to transfer these away as well. In .ai case, transferaways are NOT free and the transfer by itself does not extend the domain registration.

•••
Very unlikely, since the judge seems to be fast-tracking the Temporary Restraining Order which would seem very likely to be approved tomorrow (Friday).
Yeah, until they all renegotiate payouts and remove TRO and do deal. Highly likely as this point.

•••
Very unlikely, since the judge seems to be fast-tracking the Temporary Restraining Order
That’s sort of the point of a TRO, so I wouldn’t read too much into that.

The zoom video from Rob will be priceless:

•••
That’s sort of the point of a TRO, so I wouldn’t read too much into that.
The point is a TRO + a 21-day countdown by ICANN that started a day before the TRO.

Epik is going to be spending their time & money on the lawsuit NOT ICANN and based on the ICANN complaint Epik will have to properly fund ALL the gTLDs within 21 days or else get terminated. We already know Epik doesn't have the money and the musical chairs game Epik was trying to play is UNLIKELY to be with a NEW buyer. Even in the unlikely event it was a new buyer, now that ICANN has started their 21-day countdown, WHOEVER owns Epik will have to pay ALL the gTLD registry bills just to keep their accreditation (rather than being able to leave the liability in the old company).

Last edited:
•••
•••
Steps to take ASAP if you have ANY domains at Epik that you WANT to keep. Remember the 21-day countdown has ALREADY started (started June 1st) till Epik has to prove they FIXED their financial issues (egarding ICANN fees & domain renewals / transfers -- which is unlikely -- or ICANN starts the termination process. Transfers typically take 5-7 days to complete + time to gather the domain info needed to start the process, remember auth codes have to be obtained individually at Epik.

#1. REMOVE WHOIS Privacy on ALL your domains at Epik and VERIFY the Registrant / domain ownership info is accurate, so it is easy to tell who owns the domain. Use an authoritative WHOIS to check the current registrant info.

(If Epik loses ICAAN accreditation, gTLDs will likely be taken over by another registrar and you will NEED to PROVE ownership of your domain(s). Do NOT assume that Epik has kept accurate records of domain ownership for ANY domain with them. (Search the pheenix. com registrar takeover for how bad things can get in this regard).

#2. Start the transfer-out process for ALL the domains you want to save ASAP (and by that I mean get the transfer process started within a few days if at all possible). If you can't afford to transfer out ALL the domains you want to keep, transfer out the most valuable / important domains ASAP followed by domains that are closest to expiration. REMEMBER you will have to get auth codes one at a time, so this may take significant time if you have many domains.

#4. Wait another 24 hours (2 days from when transfers started). Check the authoritative WHOIS again. If it STILL does not show "pending transfer" status, double check your receiving registrar for any issues they mention (also check spam folder, etc). If no issues are found and Epik support hasn't fixed the issue, file a complaint with ICANN listing ALL the gTLD domains you are having issues transferring out of Epik.
NOTE: ccTLD's are NOT covered by ICANN policies, but still advisable to transfer them out too.

#5.
It goes without saying do NOT ATTEMPT to RENEW any domains at Epik since they have a history of taking the money without renewing the domain in a timely manner OR in some cases never renewing the domain at all!!!

#6. Regardless of the above, there is NO guarantee that the above will work and/or for how long it will work, especially steps 2-5. So far, Epik is ensuring domains with ICANN complaints transfer out, but as the ICANN deadline gets closer and closer, the odds become higher & higher that this method will NOT keep working. As a result, the SOONER you start the transfer process, the HIGHER the odds you will succeed in transferring your domains.

Wishing everyone the best in getting out of this Epik failure.
I think it goes without saying that holding any domains at Epik is a risk at this point.

The company is in massive debt to both other companies and customers.✅

Is facing a serious lawsuit.✅

Is attempting to transfer assets to an unknown "buyer" in Wyoming.✅

Is attempting to exclude many assets like Masterbucks, in order to leave customers holding the bag.✅

Is facing an ICANN breach notice.✅

Is unable to process renewals in a timely manner, if at all.✅

Brad

Last edited:
•••
wait what how come I missed it... so icann acted after all and now it's a. countdown? wow did u see her coming.. sheeee goooone.
il
ok so what's the process??? if folk dont transfer then icann forces everyone to one single register icann picks ??? which could be any transfer fee right?
if I remember correct that's how it went down with alphanames

•••
Typically, when you file a motion, you also file a "proposed order" that the judge can just sign if she agrees with the motion and the order. Sometimes the judge will make handwritten changes or revisions on the proposed order. Normally, it is done for relatively simple things, and not a complex multi-pager, but you can always try.
Ah, thanks for setting me straight. I can certainly see why you’d do that, to try and get things pushed through nice and quickly.

•••
•••
like wow and wtf. just came on and found all this drama after one of my friends whom I recommended Epik to years ago had issues renewing his domain. More specifically, he renewed his domain but it still dropped off and missing. A name he had for over 20 years.

So not to read 294 pages into this... can someone sum up exactly what I missed in the last year or so it seems?

After seeing that ICAN noticed transferred out 50 of my most valuable names and domains we use for our developed sites. About 50 more names left that debating on.

•••
That chowderhead Royce has been there since last September. He’s got 22 days to find some tall cash, and I doubt he could find his own ass with both hands.
You have a way with words. Thanks for the chuckle. Even the truth can be amusing.

•••
like wow and wtf. just came on and found all this drama after one of my friends whom I recommended Epik to years ago had issues renewing his domain. More specifically, he renewed his domain but it still dropped off and missing. A name he had for over 20 years.

So not to read 294 pages into this... can someone sum up exactly what I missed in the last year or so it seems?

After seeing that ICAN noticed transferred out 50 of my most valuable names and domains we use for our developed sites. About 50 more names left that debating on.
Read Brad's post @bmugford about 3 about yours. That will give you a very quick run-down. Monster left, new CEO came in, bills not getting paid, they're scamming customers of millions of $ in total (not paying out escrow funds), not renewing domains, wire fraud, the list goes on and on. Get your domains out ASAP. They'll likely be gone in 3 weeks.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back