Dynadot

alert The fund can't be withdrawal from Epik.com via Masterbucks wallet

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

enamebroker

Top Member
Impact
It happened on 23rd Aug 2022 and this matter lasted almost one month without any process. Masterbucks.com declined my fund withdrawal and disabled the button of fund withdrawal. And I contacted Epik.com and got no further action even if Rob Monster got involved in it for two weeks. All the time I was told in email by management review.

What is wrong with Epik.com? Do you think it is normal to disable fund withdrawal? How can I get back my fund from Epik.com? Thanks for your suggestion.

Capture4.JPG

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
It is doubtful that Brian wants to create something.

•••
It is doubtful that Brian wants to create something.
He stated candidly that in his first interview with domain name wire that he was rebuilding masterbucks into full fledged fintech. The way Monster and Brian met was Brian pitching his dream fintech project to Monster's Kingdom ventures asking for $25K. Brian has sold millions in Epik assets and hasn't made any payments on 2 largest creditors, what else is your money being spent on?

•••
Hello, I have not been able to get my money from epic for three months now. We are talking about 5 thousand. They all the time say chat tech support that they will contact me, but they are silent, and the mail is not responding

Can you tell me how to get my money back?

Mine is over 100 days old and $26,144

Sadly, there are MANY customers around the world that are having the same issues.
The short answer is Epik.com has had a critical cash shortage for MONTHS already, since it is alleged that Epik mixed company & escrow money (if not personal money too).
They do NOT have the money to pay (everyone/anyone?) the money they are owed.
The total amount owed to customers is unknown, but likely in the millions of USD.
As for what they are doing with the money they are receiving -- since they don't seem to be using it to pay their escrow obligations -- is anyone's guess.

The sad truth is there is NO guarantee you will receive any/all of the money you are owed.
Yes, you could have a US-based lawyer -- preferably one specializing in domain names / intellectual property -- sue them for the money + damages, etc. HOWEVER that would take a LONG time (months/year+) and there is NO guarantee you will receive the money, even if you win the case, ie if Epik declares bankruptcy, etc. If you decide to hire a US-based lawyer to help, make sure it is done on a contingency fee arrangement (the lawyer ONLY gets paid if/when money is recovered).

Another option is to try Washington State Small Claims court (lawsuits have a $5k or $10k limit), but that typically requires YOU to do the simplified filings yourself -- in person -- so is only cost-effective, if you already live in Washington state or a nearby state. (And even if you won, you still would likely need to pay for assistance to collect the debt.)

(I am NOT a lawyer, so the above is my opinion, NOT expert legal advice. I strongly recommend everyone owed money by epik do their own due diligence.)

Last edited:
•••
This is really a serious event.

•••
He stated candidly that in his first interview with domain name wire that he was rebuilding masterbucks into full fledged fintech. The way Monster and Brian met was Brian pitching his dream fintech project to Monster's Kingdom ventures asking for $25K. Brian has sold millions in Epik assets and hasn't made any payments on 2 largest creditors, what else is your money being spent on?
As for Masterbooks and their competition with Paypal, it was empty talk and lies on Brian's part. Perhaps they put money into children's accounts since it is not easy to take money from children.

•••
What is the official address of Masterbucks/Epik?

•••
What is the official address of Masterbucks/Epik?
If you go to their website(s) there should be a "Contact Us" Section that has their updated address. I believe Epik is based in WA state and Masterbucks is/was based in WY state.

Last edited:
•••
If you go to their website(s) there should be a "Contact Us" Section that has their updated address. I believe Epik is based in WA state and Masterbucks is/was based in WY state.
They use this, which is used by other scammers just by doing some basic research
30 N Gould Ste Ste N Sheridan, WY 82801

•••
They use this, which is used by other scammers just by doing some basic research
Yeah, WY, is one of the best or maybe even the best state used for anon LLCs.

Wyoming allows the establishment of anonymous LLCs through state-registered agents. Through these services, business owners wouldn't need to list their information on public paperwork when registering their business

•••
The address they use now for Epik / Masterbucks is basically a commercial registered agent service.
In Epik's case they are using Northwest Registered Agent Service.

Epik's address in the past was a UPS Store box. It is not much difference.
Both are just a place to receive mail. Not a physical office.

As far as I know Epik is only registered in Washington.

Now that Rob has disappeared, I don't think anyone physically works in Washington state.

Brad

•••
The address they use now for Epik / Masterbucks is basically a commercial registered agent service.
In Epik's case they are using Northwest Registered Agent Service.

Epik's address in the past was a UPS Store box. It is not much difference.
Both are just a place to receive mail. Not a physical office.

As far as I know Epik is only registered in Washington.

Now that Rob has disappeared, I don't think anyone physically works in Washington state.

Brad
Actually big difference between UPS store and registered agent. The registered agent is place to legally serve and for others, aside from Rob, to get mail.

Masterbucks is a WY LLC. Epik is still based in WA.

•••
We are programmed to receive You can check out any time you like But you can never leave

Untitledsdfegf.jpg

•••
Actually big difference between UPS store and registered agent. The registered agent is place to legally serve and for others, aside from Rob, to get mail.

Masterbucks is a WY LLC. Epik is still based in WA.
In the past Epik used The UPS Store box (1100 BELLEVUE WAY NE STE 8A-601, BELLEVUE, WA) for their business address on the website, but their principal office and registered agent address listed on the business filing was a personal residence.

I think it is safe to assume whose residence it was. I won't post that address here.

So, it makes sense that they would need a valid address to receive legal and other correspondence.
It is kind of unusual having a personal residence on the business filing to start with.

Most reasonable size companies use physical business offices, RA services, or lawyers, not personal residences to receive this type of mail.

Brad

Last edited:
•••
In the past Epik used The UPS Store box (1100 BELLEVUE WAY NE STE 8A-601, BELLEVUE, WA) for their business address on the website, but their principal office and registered agent address listed on the business filing was a personal residence.

I think it is safe to assume whose residence it was. I won't post that address here.

So, it makes sense that they would need a valid address to receive legal and other correspondence.
It is kind of unusual having a personal residence on the business filing to start with.

Most reasonable size companies use physical business offices, RA services, or lawyers, not personal residences to receive this type of mail.

Brad

What is interesting is the timing. I have no idea why he did it, I have my suspicions, but I do know it would not have been first choice.

I have heard from many sources that he is MIA. None of them know why or where and I have been too busy to bother to find out. I might later this week or next week but honestly don't really care. All I want to see is formal civil or criminal paperwork, there isn't any civil nationwide as of last week.

•••
Epik is incredibly helpful these days. I have the same issue as many others - you try and transfer names out and that option is inactive. I tried their chat service and got this:

1676982703509.png

Quite remarkable really - no mention of email at all, yet that's where their bot went. I was getting better responses form bots 10 years ago.

Anyway, has anyone found a way to get auths from Epik, or do you just keep emailing their support and hope they fix their 'technical issues' that continue to plague them. Oh they have such bad luck those guys, with all their technical issues. lol

•••
Anyway, has anyone found a way to get auths from Epik, or do you just keep emailing their support and hope they fix their 'technical issues' that continue to plague them. Oh they have such bad luck those guys, with all their technical issues. lol
Did you sell the domain names YOURSELF direct or through a 3rd party marketplace OR were the domains sold through Epik (or a related company)???
I ask because if the domain(s) were sold through Epik / NameLiquidate, etc, sellers are NOT being paid out for those sales even when the buyer receives the domain. Seller just receives Masterbucks "credit" that is NOT withdrawable (and hasn't been withdrawable for MONTHS already in many cases).

Does your Epik account have 2FA turned on?
I don't know about it currently, but in the recent past at least, if 2FA was turned on people could access the auth codes themselves.

Last edited:
•••
•••
Epik is incredibly helpful these days. I have the same issue as many others - you try and transfer names out and that option is inactive. I tried their chat service and got this:

Show attachment 232618

Quite remarkable really - no mention of email at all, yet that's where their bot went. I was getting better responses form bots 10 years ago.

many or most
registrar offer download your names in excel option...
often bit hidden..
and when they do almost always u get codes there....ionos...sav...gd.. etc....gl

•••

Show attachment 232618

Did you try to obtain the Auth code for multiple domains at once? This will cause the transfer option to be blanked out.

Select one domain at a time and it should be working, in my experience.

Last edited:
•••
Did you sell the domain names YOURSELF direct or through a 3rd party marketplace OR were the domains sold through Epik (or a related company)???
I ask because if the domain(s) were sold through Epik / NameLiquidate, etc, sellers are NOT being paid out for those sales even when the buyer receives the domain. Seller just receives Masterbucks "credit" that is NOT withdrawable (and hasn't been withdrawable for MONTHS already in many cases).

Does your Epik account have 2FA turned on?
I don't know about it currently, but in the recent past at least, if 2FA was turned on people could access the auth codes themselves.
I sold directly, not through Epik.
Thanks for the heads-up, but I have been following this thread from the start (all 206 pages) so am well aware of the issues. I have 2FA on.

Anyway, I did some more testing and discovered that you can get auths for individual domains but not for multiples at one time. So at least I have been able to get these auths, even though it was a bit time-consuming.

•••
many or most
registrar offer download your names in excel option...
often bit hidden..
and when they do almost always u get codes there....ionos...sav...gd.. etc....gl
Yeah, Epik used to offer that, but now the CSV export does not include the auth.

Did you try to obtain the Auth code for multiple domains at once? This will cause the transfer option to be blanked out.

Select one domain at a time and it should be working, in my experience.
Thanks. I discovered that earlier after a bit more playing around. I can confirm - it was the same for me, so anyone following along, that will at least get you individual auths.

•••
Anyway, I did some more testing and discovered that you can get auths for individual domains but not for multiples at one time. So at least I have been able to get these auths, even though it was a bit time-consuming.
If you want to transfer several domains out, that is quite the resource drain.

Brad

•••
Glad it worked out and thanks for letting everyone know about your solution.

•••
If you want to transfer several domains out, that is quite the resource drain.

Brad
Yeah. It was bad enough for the 14 domains I sold. When it comes to the other 700 I have to transfer out very soon, it'll be a full-time job for a day or two! I am trying to get a complete list from Epik support, but of course expectations aren't real high. Time will tell.

•••
it is necessory to transfer all out from Epik to protect our asset.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back