Dynadot

alert The fund can't be withdrawal from Epik.com via Masterbucks wallet

Spaceship
Watch

enamebroker

Top Member
Impact
It happened on 23rd Aug 2022 and this matter lasted almost one month without any process. Masterbucks.com declined my fund withdrawal and disabled the button of fund withdrawal. And I contacted Epik.com and got no further action even if Rob Monster got involved in it for two weeks. All the time I was told in email by management review.

What is wrong with Epik.com? Do you think it is normal to disable fund withdrawal? How can I get back my fund from Epik.com? Thanks for your suggestion.

Capture4.JPG

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I have around 2183 .xyz top keywords in Epik.
Holding and renewing them for a long time.
One week back I got an email showing ROB as a registrant.
I thought something was wrong and I moved all of them to Dynadot.
I would suggest you check your domains whois.

Show attachment 229881
Looks very odd. Were they under Epik's version of WHOIS privacy?

Regards...jmcc

•••
On the same day i got 2 whois reminders.

2 domains are on rob's name. And 10 more domains on my name. @jmcc

Yes, they were under epik privacy.

1673007193649.png

Last edited:
•••
On the same day i got 2 whois reminders.

2 domains are on rob's name. And 10 more domains on my name. @jmcc

Yes, they were under epik privacy.

Show attachment 229884
Unless Epik was using Rob's details as some kind of WHOIS privacy details, it is not something that one would expect to see with a registrar. The registration date in the image above predates the introduction of GDPR in May 2018 so this might have been some strange implementation of WHOIS privacy. With GDPR, a lot of registrars started redacting ownership data from the public WHOIS. As you had admin access and were able to move them to Dynadot, it was a lucky escape. If they were kept fully paid and active, they should not have had Rob's details as the registrant.

In the past and on other registrars, I've seen WHOIS data change when a domain name expired and was not renewed and then, when the registrant renewed, the WHOIS data changed back to the original WHOIS but they were domain names in other gTLDs. Some of those non-renewed expired domain names would move to the registrar's auction site or auction partner rather than go through the normal renew/expire/drop lifecycle.

Regards...jmcc

•••
Just wanted to comment on renewals and transfers. I have done both recently multiple times since this mess and everything (both renewals and transfers) has been immediate if you:

Have 2factor ON (for fast approval in panel)
And if you use PayPal to pay.

•••
My current attempts of regging are all made using fresh crypto funding and on my last attempt at 1st January, the name remains unregged till now. It's already approaching Thursday, US time. Goes to show that the Ediot is still co-mingling funds from ALL departments.

Another irony here is that currently every reg from fresh funds, tasting or not, is going to give E a guaranteed profit, yet E won't accept it.

The way E keeps getting worse makes me think they might be trying to run at full speed now. Maybe people should've sent bounty hunters to hunt them down.

Hours after my last post name got regged. But today's new attempt failed again. So it's now $50 Verisign funding per week, unless one is willing to sacrifice their latest phone number to a shady, data-leaking company :xf.rolleyes:

•••
•••
I do not know why the DNProtect website was taken offline.
Weren't you partial owner? Did you ask them why they took it down?

•••
Wow, this would really concern me as a domain registrant.

First a commingling of escrow funds now a commingling of domains?

Brad
I recall @jberryhill advising us against using Epik's privacy on our domain names because it could run into possible commingling ownership issues.

•••
As for the usage of rob's email/name. This has been going on for domains under privacy for a long time.

If you look up UDRP filings you will see the email pop up plenty where he definitely wasn't the owner.

Same with payments/invoices. Straight to rob@e.

The reasoning behind this was, as I recall from previous conversations, to obfuscate the real owner so in case there is an UDRP filing it's 'easier' to protect defendant. It's a smoke screen deliberately put up and could actually endanger the real owner.

If you analyse their leaked dB there's probably plenty to find about the what/how/when and why.

Last edited:
•••
As for the usage of rob's email/name. This has been going on for domains under privacy for a long time.

If you look up UDRP filings you will see the email pop up plenty where he definitely wasn't the owner.

Same with payments/invoices. Straight to rob@e.

The reasoning behind this was, as I recall from previous conversations, to obfuscate the real owner so in case there is an UDRP filing it's 'easier' to protect defendant. It's a smoke screen deliberately put up and could actually endanger the real owner.

If you analyse their leaked dB there's probably plenty to find about the what/how/when and why.
Exactly.

https://www.wipo.int/amc/en/domains/search/text.jsp?case=D2021-1050

•••
•••
Yes, that is a great read.

In the UDRP case involving the domain VOCL.com, Epik Inc. had been determined by the panel to have inherent conflicts of interest, provided materially inaccurate information and disclosures regarding domain ownership, and engaged in misconduct.
A good read indeed, if you like reading about all things related to Epik and Rob Monster (who doesn't?).

The wipo case was mentioned in this meeting, https://community.icann.org/m/mobile.action#page/180027622

•••
You know who despises Rob Monster more than all of his financial victims? All the innocent people sitting in jail right now on trumped up charges because of Monster's treachery. Happy Jan 6th @Rob Monster. Hopefully this time next year you will be there and they will be free.

Last edited:
•••
•••
Last edited:
•••
Rather, the liquidation of assets to escape away.

•••
Epik is currently selling the DNProtect.com domain.

Maybe to pay their Masterbucks customers with the proceeds?

https://www.namepros.com/threads/dnprotect-back-online.1292419/
Commingling funds...now commingling domains.

When you factor in the inability to pay customer debts, slow registrations and renewals, the WHOIS issue @DNGear brought up, this type of reclaiming of a domain, and the general hostile nature of CEO Brian Royce to domain investors, I would get my domains out of there ASAP.

Their use of WHOIS privacy (Anonymize) could make it very confusing to unravel who actually owns what domains.

Brad

•••
So, do you think Epik the registrar is likely to survive?

Commingling funds...now commingling domains.

When you factor in the inability to pay customer debts, slow registrations and renewals, the WHOIS issue @DNGear brought up, this type of reclaiming of a domain, and the general hostile nature of CEO Brian Royce to domain investors, I would get my domains out of there ASAP.

Their use of WHOIS privacy (Anonymize) could make it very confusing to unravel who actually owns what domains.

Brad

•••
•••
It is hard to know what the future of Epik holds because no one knows what is actually going on.
All we know is they are still not able to pay these existing customer debts, months later.

I mean are they even making an effort to pay these anymore? It doesn't seem like they have made any substantial payments in quite some time.

Brad

•••
Hi all. I have a question. I just want to get your opinion on. I have not been paid yet for my sale of Candida.com, and the transaction occurred on Sept 27th, for $100,000, and I was supposed to be paid out through Epik Escrow to my bank account for $91000.00. I went back to the original offer, which actually came into my email on 9-26 (had been stuck in junk mail). The offer was made at $75000, and I countered with $125,000. The buyer responded, and met me halfway at 100,000 fairly quickly, said they were going to the bank to wire funds that day, and the transaction completed on the 27th. I thought the buyer indicated they were from New Zealand, and they indicated they were going to go to the bank that night. It was a really fast transaction, and pretty easy. If you look at the email in the offer below, could it be that [email protected] was the buyer? I have been wondering about this because my domain is still showing on Epik's site, waiting to be adopted. I have asked Epik who it sold to, and was told it may have been sold to an existing customer. I asked if it was someone in New Zealand, and was told that they have not been getting any calls from anyone in New Zealand. Is it possible that my domain was sold to Tony Blessed at Epik and it is in the process of being resold? I just wanted to get your thoughts on this.
Candida Capture.PNG

•••
If Monster sells dnprotect.com through Epik, then he will receive the money after Kathleen and me.

•••
Hi all. I have a question. I just want to get your opinion on. I have not been paid yet for my sale of Candida.com, and the transaction occurred on Sept 27th, for $100,000, and I was supposed to be paid out through Epik Escrow to my bank account for $91000.00. I went back to the original offer, which actually came into my email on 9-26 (had been stuck in junk mail). The offer was made at $75000, and I countered with $125,000. The buyer responded, and met me halfway at 100,000 fairly quickly, said they were going to the bank to wire funds that day, and the transaction completed on the 27th. I thought the buyer indicated they were from New Zealand, and they indicated they were going to go to the bank that night. It was a really fast transaction, and pretty easy. If you look at the email in the offer below, could it be that [email protected] was the buyer? I have been wondering about this because my domain is still showing on Epik's site, waiting to be adopted. I have asked Epik who it sold to, and was told it may have been sold to an existing customer. I asked if it was someone in New Zealand, and was told that they have not been getting any calls from anyone in New Zealand. Is it possible that my domain was sold to Tony Blessed at Epik and it is in the process of being resold? I just wanted to get your thoughts on this.Show attachment 230075

It is extremely unlikely that a $100K wire transfer from New Zealand is going to clear to the US the same day.

I mean absolute best case scenario Epik took a $100K payment for your domain in actual real currency.
While they were supposed to keep $9K and send you the other $91K, essentially they just kept all $100K.

Because at this point the value of Masterbucks that can't be withdrawn is $0 USD.

Did something else shady happen? Who knows...but anything is possible.

Brad

•••
Hi all. I have a question. I just want to get your opinion on. I have not been paid yet for my sale of Candida.com, and the transaction occurred on Sept 27th, for $100,000, and I was supposed to be paid out through Epik Escrow to my bank account for $91000.00. I went back to the original offer, which actually came into my email on 9-26 (had been stuck in junk mail). The offer was made at $75000, and I countered with $125,000. The buyer responded, and met me halfway at 100,000 fairly quickly, said they were going to the bank to wire funds that day, and the transaction completed on the 27th. I thought the buyer indicated they were from New Zealand, and they indicated they were going to go to the bank that night. It was a really fast transaction, and pretty easy. If you look at the email in the offer below, could it be that [email protected] was the buyer? I have been wondering about this because my domain is still showing on Epik's site, waiting to be adopted. I have asked Epik who it sold to, and was told it may have been sold to an existing customer. I asked if it was someone in New Zealand, and was told that they have not been getting any calls from anyone in New Zealand. Is it possible that my domain was sold to Tony Blessed at Epik and it is in the process of being resold? I just wanted to get your thoughts on this.Show attachment 230075
I think you are the only one left in US that is unpaid so I would suspect that there is something unique about your case. It is very possible that Epik only pretended to sell the domain, probably because they had another buyer lined up for more money, wanted to resell it themselves for more money and just have you waiting until they do or wanted it in their portfolio to boost valuation for investors or actually sold it and kept money for themselves, maybe kept domain also. All things are possible?

Epik people certainly know who actually owns this domain. Have you tried to ask them directly who owns this domain?

•••
It is extremely unlikely that a $100K wire transfer from New Zealand is going to clear to the US the same day.

I mean absolute best case scenario Epik took a $100K payment for your domain in actual real currency.
While they were supposed to keep $9K and send you the other $91K, essentially they just kept all $100K.

Because at this point the value of Masterbucks that can't be withdrawn is $0 USD.

Did something else shady happen? Who knows...but anything is possible.

Brad
Thanks for the input Brad.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back