NameSilo

discuss The End For .WS?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Silentptnr

Domains88.comTop Member
Impact
I just read this statement by Domain Shane.....I wonder if this will be true?

"Dot .ws officially collapsed today. Ok it didn’t really collapse, but a tremendous amount of keyword.ws domains are on the expired list. Words that combined would be tens of millions if they were dot com. They’re not even getting $12 bids. I’m not even sure how the ccTLD stays open other than me renewing my LL.ws domains. It’s a lot of pressure on me keeping the whole thing afloat."

Source: https://dsad.com/domain-shanes-daily-list-domains-auction-thursday-april-6th/

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
if they are horrible, why do you still have an interest in buying them?

I was being silly with that "horrible" comment. I thought it came across that way. Sorry, I guess not.
I have done very well in dot tv and have a very big interest in dot ws as well, so that's it.

•••
PLEASE CHANGE THE TITLE of this thread here, because .ws is not ending. The only right title for this thread is "Begin april lots of .WS-domains appeared in the Aftermarket of Godaddy or another Aftermarket."
I already saw something copying the title as a "fact" in anoher thread. It stated => " and now ....and with .ws ending"......
.WS is NOT ENDING as extention. The title of this thread is deceives people.

•••
The title is not deceptive in anyway! There is a question mark after the title, which opens it up for discussion! Stop trying to dampen posters freedom of speech, press or opinion, otherwise this forum would not be very informative!

•••
The title is not deceptive in anyway! There is a question mark after the title, which opens it up for discussion! Stop trying to dampen posters freedom of speech, press or opinion, otherwise this forum would not be very informative!
I know there's a questionmark. But if you read the content the title would preferrably be changed. Now it suggests the end of the extention al together, with a questionmark. I mentioned this because other people begin writing this in other threads as a fact. That's all. I don't mention there's no freedom of speech.
It's my reaction, => "There is NO end of .WS for the moment", there's no talkl by the registry that this would be the case. There have only appeared on a particular day lots of .WS-domains in an aftermarket, what the article explains in post 1.

•••
I just read this statement by Domain Shane.....I wonder if this will be true?

"Dot .ws officially collapsed today. Ok it didn’t really collapse, but a tremendous amount of keyword.ws domains are on the expired list. Words that combined would be tens of millions if they were dot com. They’re not even getting $12 bids. I’m not even sure how the ccTLD stays open other than me renewing my LL.ws domains. It’s a lot of pressure on me keeping the whole thing afloat."

Source: https://dsad.com/domain-shanes-daily-list-domains-auction-thursday-april-6th/

Around 400 of them were mine

•••
•••
A year ago I reg'd many of them at $3/ea at GD. What a lesson.

•••
•••
I think the only problem for .WS will be .WebSite

.ws Have never been able to market and brand their extention in a way that domainers would see it as shorthand for DoubleUebSite

Unlike .tv which speaks for itself.

They also have a strict policy agains backordering.

Which one would you rather have filament.ws or filament.website?

•••
•••

You will not be able to get a backorder on a .ws domain on GD for example, which means that you will not be able to secure a chance to grab the Domain the INSTANT it becomes available.

You will have to wait till it's deleted or in some cases brought to auction.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back