IT.COM

showcase Showcase domains with the prefix/suffix "X"

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Digital Nomad

Top Member
Impact
Twitter's new owner Elon Musk created a holding company "X Holdings" which he used to buy Twitter recently. He officially acquired Twitter for $44 billion. Elon wants to create an everything app (just like WeChat in China) called "X" mixing in cryptocurrency with his future vision of Twitter 2.0. He may use his awesome domain X.com, which stands for everything or anything. This increases the value and recognition among the public and businesses for the letter X, thus increasing the value of X domain names even more.

X is universally known in most languages, and is a most valuable letter.

There are also many huge websites, some with the most traffic of all starting/ending with the prefix/suffix "X" such as XVideos XHamster XNXX and other well known brands like XGames XBox SpaceX etc. Check out a list of the top 100 most visited websites in the USA at https://www.semrush.com/blog/most-visited-websites/ and three of them start with "X".

Now that Elon bought Twitter and the news is talking about X even more, this may be a great opportunity for domain investors to buy domain names with the prefix/suffix "X" in it. We do not know for certain what the future holds, but it's worth investing right now in "X", even more than before.

Just like Meta (Facebook) bought many "Meta" domain names when they created the parent company Meta Platforms, Inc., doing business as Meta for its subsidiaries Facebook, WhatsApp, Instagram etc. Domainers really benefited from this, because Mark Zuckerberg bought many Meta domains to protect their new brand Meta.com.

What domains do you own with the prefix/suffix "X" in it? Please showcase, thanks. I'll start with mine, I own XNetwork (dot) com which stands for everything too, the keyword "network" is broad and the X stands for anything, for example Social Network, Business Network, VR Network, TV Network, News Network, Sports Network, Phone Network, Computer Network etc.

What Twitter 2.0 Could Look Like Under Musk: CryptoCurrency and X.​

How is Mr. Musk taking Twitter private?​

As part of buying Twitter, Mr. Musk is merging the social media company with X Holdings, a corporate entity that he established in Delaware to handle the deal. X is buying out all of Twitter’s stock and will control the service, and Mr. Musk will control the holding company.

Source: https://www.nytimes.com/2022/10/28/technology/twitter-changes.html

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
We've got four "X" domains, both end in .com

xLeader
xLeather
xDefinition
xDuDu

Last edited:
•••
•••
•••
Here are some huge companies/brands:

• XPlace.com one of the world’s leading freelance marketplaces, connecting thousands of freelancers and businesses every day
  • XVentures.com Consulting and Legal Representation in Asia and the U.S.
  • TEDx a grassroots initiative, created in the spirit of TED’s overall mission to research and discover “ideas worth spreading.”
  • XVideos (NSFW)
  • XHamster (NSFW)
  • XNXX (NSFW)
  • XGames The X Games are an annual extreme sports event organized, produced and broadcast by ESPN
  • XBox Gaming console by Microsoft
  • SpaceX The most innovative rocket company ever
  • X Holdings (by Elon Musk) owns Twitter under X

Here is a nice article by Business Insider, it's an old article from 2012, but still relevant today:

The Indisputable Power Of Starting Your Brand Name With An 'X'​

The letter X has become one of the most commonly used letters in branding. Some examples include:
  • Xerox
  • Xbox 360
  • X-Factor
  • X-files
  • Motorola Xoom
  • Gas-X
  • X-Men
What is it about the letter that fascinates people and triggers different meanings in their brains?

Universal variable

Any school kid that learned algebra has been introduced to X as the consummate symbol for a variable. This gives the letter an ambiguity that allows for a variety of meanings and values.

Mystery or unknown

On a 50’s TV show called “What’s My Line” a celebrity panel sometimes had to guess the profession of guests that had famous names but not well-known faces. This guests signed is as Mr. or Ms. X.

Generic brand or unnamed competitor

Brand X typically refers to a generic brand. In a comparison test, brand X also refers to an unnamed competitor. Some say that Microsoft created the name Xbox 360 to promote the idea that it is a generic console that could play a lot of game software. Others say they derived the name from looking at the game controller of the Sony Playstation, where the X, the square, and the circle translate to Xbox 360.

Prevention or elimination

As in the product, Gas-X, the X refers to elimination or prevention of something. In this context X refers to erasing or crossing out of gas.

Superheroes

In the Marvel comics or movie by the same name, X-men are a collection of superheroes that started out as mutants that had the x-gene, and as a result had extra powers.

Experimental or edgy

The X-15 program was an experimental program that led to the American Space Program. Top pilots were enlisted to fly the experimental rocket-powered space planes to break speed records and measure the effect of high-altitude, high-speed flight on these planes and the pilots that flew them.

Former relationship

It can also stand for a former relationship, such as an ex-wife, ex-husband, ex-CEO, ex-friend, or ex-band member. To make the prefix shorter, some substitute the letter X, and in conversation, they typically say my X when referring to ex-spouse, boyfriend, or girlfriend

Label of a Generation

In recent times, Generation X has been used to describe the generation born between 1964 and 1981. It is the generation that officially marks the end of the Baby Boom generation. In contrast to Baby Boomers, some have referred to Generation X as the Baby Bust generation because it marked a declining birth rate that began in 1964.

Marking the spot

The letter X can also mark a spot that serves as a target for skydivers to land, a place where actors should be on a stage, or a place where a document should be signed and dated.

Making a selection

When people vote for a candidate or make a selection by checking a pre-printed box, they often indicate their selection by putting an X inside the box.

Placeholder

Similar to marking a spot or target, it can also be a placeholder to be filled in later. It can also mark the place for someone to drill a hole or place a nail.

Universal signature

For those that cannot read or write, X is often used as a universal mark to indicate approval, identity, or agreement on a document or contract.

Shortened version of Ex

The letter “X” is often a shorthand version of a longer prefix, such as ex.

Least number of words beginning with it

Because the least number of words in the English alphabet begin with X, this adds to its uniqueness and cachet. It also adds to X’s power. Less becomes more because it carries more weight.

Versatility and power for brand marketers

The versatility of “X” makes it interesting, mysterious, fascinating, and universal as a symbol that can be used very effectively in branding of companies, products, and ideas. This versatility contrasts with its uniqueness to give X a lot of power that brand marketers can use to their advantage.

Source: BusinessInsider.com

Last edited:
•••
•••
own only one: x/fulfillment in king

•••
•••
Check this Wikipedia page, the X stands for allot of things.
My top domain with X (arx.xyz) also dropcatched recently (arx.company).

•••
•••
DeSciX .com.
DeSci means Decentralized Science

Last edited:
•••
•••
Awesome list, thanks!!!
You welcome, I knew about X thing but when I searched I found out all the best versions are taken from 1992 so I dropped the idea, of course even today can be found some versions, but they are not strong enough to hand reg.

•••
You welcome, I knew about X thing but when I searched I found out all the best versions are taken from 1992 so I dropped the idea, of course even today can be found some versions, but they are not strong enough to hand reg.
I agree, the very very best ones are already taken many many years ago indeed, but there are always some gems laying around or that are getting dropped. Always register one which makes sense. Not just any keyword with X is good.

•••
Hi

caught x-box-360.com, xburger.com and xfries.com from drops in 2006-2007 and later let them expire

sold xdirectory.com years ago on another forum > now it's listed for sale @ $26K

only have 'ZeFX.com" left

imo...

•••
Hi

caught x-box-360.com, xburger.com and xfries.com from drops in 2006-2007 and later let them expire

sold xdirectory.com years ago on another forum > now it's listed for sale @ $26K

only have 'ZeFX.com" left

imo...
The xbox360 is a TM, good to have dropped that one, xdirectory is a very good one.

•••
My best is undoubtedly -

EV-X .com

Also

xyzanite.xyz
xyzanite .com
X-D-M.com
X-ETH.com
X-R4Y.com
XRb4.com
XR-b4.com
XR-V.com
XR-V1.com

Rgrds,

Reddstagg

•••
•••
PWRX/

It's a Handshake. The dude that owns X/ , man, ultimate.

BTW, there is also an .x crypto extension by Unstoppable. Too bad it's by Unstoppable though.

Looking forward to see what Musk is gearing up to for x.com.

•••
PWRX/

It's a Handshake. The dude that owns X/ , man, ultimate.

BTW, there is also an .x crypto extension by Unstoppable. Too bad it's by Unstoppable though.

Looking forward to see what Musk is gearing up to for x.com.
Did not know unstoppabledomains.com is offering the ".X" extension, too bad it's not an official extension indeed, but still cool to see, because they also see the value in X, thanks.

•••
•••
Last edited:
•••
•••
•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back