Domain Empire

discuss The after effects of "showcase" threads

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

biggie

GreenFriendly.comTop Member
Impact
:talk:

look around the forum and you'll see dozens of 'showcase' threads.

for a newbie, on the surface they seem like new opportunities to get in on a perceived latest trend or an opp to register keyword domains in new extensions, etc and hopefully make some sales.

for the experienced....their non supportive comments relating to the "faults" in/of such plans, from what I've seen, aren't really welcome.

so, if feedback is restricted, along with viewpoints from a different perspective.

then, the net result are threads full of consecutive back pats on/for speculative domain registrations without guidance.

the after effect is/are, those who will benefit from creating these threads and those who loose out thru "participation registrations".

if/when the potential ramifications of those actions, cannot be addressed therein....then you are loosing more than you are aware of.

just saying, don't get 'caught up' in the show

understand who it's being "put on" for

know who the actors are and what "impression" the plan is, to impress upon you.

always seek, and never fear, the most critical advice.

now how many have of you have made profits and how many have yet to make a dime?

share if you dare!

imo...

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
@ Biggie

Amazing at the number of posts and PM's you directed at me to "Cool it" and be the better person, asking me to take the first step, and here you are flaming a well respected member.

Do us all a favor and take your flaming trash back to DNF, you'll not only fit in but you'll make more friends.

•••
and there are some who have their secret societies where you got to fit in and conform with the norm

not all are geniuses but if they all have to agree with each other to fit in, then in that type of environment, in their own minds they will always be right.

to me, if you can't put your ego aside, to share knowledge and understanding, then you will always get offended by contrasting viewpoints.

imo...

Excellent post. :tu:

"Being real", as you said yesterday, is important to keep "true to the game".

We know who the actors are. We know what they want to impress upon us.

•••
getting back to the topic - the after effects..
i love showcase threads - i learned a lot from many experienced members posting there their opinions, sharing sales, etc.
..nothing helped me more than showcase threads in my learning, indeed - i started 2 years ago with hand regs like webcloudservices.biz and the likes...
nowadays i often feel sorry for 5+ years old members posting their wearable/nfc/bigdata/etc fresh regs but that sometimes also makes me proud of my own regs, at least some of them (not necessarily related to the thread topic - i dont have any nfc or wearables e.g.).. i like that feeling, and it helps me gauge my progress (i'm far from being happy with my portfolio, nor do i rate myself anywhere close to being an expert)
on the other hand good quality regs that still happen to occur do give me a lot of inspiration and new ideas for totally different niches. that's an indispensable thing

in short: naysayers and positivists alike - please keep posting and sharing in showcase threads, you've got readers, you add a lot of value to this forum :) peace

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back