IT.COM

showcase THAT’S ONE “HACK” OF A DOMAIN!

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

QUAD DOMAINS

Established Member
Impact
😎 Simply put, hacked domains are cool. Yeah, they don’t meet the criteria some domainers/investors have as it relates to readability and the radio-test; but they’re appealing nonetheless. At least to some.

💪 If you think about it, hacked domains are the closest thing to owning a TLD in the centralized domain space. Imagine if there was a centralized “.om” extension. “c.om” would have immense value and appeal. It would be the proverbial “king of the king” in a sense.

💎 It’s something about a hacked domain that screams creativity and breaks away from the status-quo of naming. Be it for branding, or simply because you can, domain hacks are a cool option when you can snag one.

😏 What cool domain hacks have you come across or do you hold? On this end, they’re “Aristocr.at” and “UAEDub.ai”. Drop your creative domain hacks/views below.

🗣Mel
QUAD DOMAINS

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Don’t know if counts as a domain hack , but I’ve got Coinstinct dawt com

•••
•••
I have clever.me. I consider that a domain hack.

I also have runti.me and script.me. I'm a developer so these appealed to me...

Last edited:
•••
I have clever.me. I consider that a domain hack.

I also have runti.me and script.me. I'm a developer so these appealed to me...

💎 Nice! “ Runti.me “ definitely stands out a lot. Congrats on snagging those jewels!

•••
Don’t know if counts as a domain hack , but I’ve got Coinstinct dawt com
👋 Hey @Yanosh!

Thanks for commenting. “Coinstinct.com” wouldn’t necessarily constitute the type of domain hack being referenced in the post.

The hacks being referenced are a combination of before the dot letters, words or phrases pairing with the TLD to make a word or phrase. (Ex: “inter.com = intercom”, “inter.net = internet, “cyb.org = cyborg” and “coveted.info = coveted info”.) You likely get the gist.

Nevertheless, the creative pairing of Coin + Instinct to get “coinstinct” is clever. Kudos; and thank you again for commenting!

•••
I think I only have this one:

Zodiacs (.) Club

•••
₿.ug

A double hack, combining the bitcoin symbol with an extension, forming a word ;)

Hacks are fun. A fugly ccTLD this one. I've resolved it to a sales lander.

•••
₿.ug

A double hack, combining the bitcoin symbol with an extension, forming a word ;)

This is definitely a cool double hack @HotKey! Believe it or not, this one has great prospects!

•••
t’s something about a hacked domain that screams creativity
Well seeing you've invited 'Views' as well. Personally I think they are a great play thing for those that it appeals to. Are businesses really going to want them, well I could imaging some 'Arty' studio type of business taking the plunge. Apart from that No I can't see any value. Business doesn't even like a hyphen between words, they're certainly not going to suffer a dot in the middle of a word.

I'm sure there could be a few out there that really create a smile but that becomes short-lived. Collect away, I say but don't ever expect a financial return. Treat them like that interesting pebble that you picked-up on the beach. Great for showing around - But, nobody really wants it.

Maybe a few dollars between collectors to be had

Last edited:
•••
Well seeing you've invited 'Views' as well. Personally I think they are a great play thing for those that it appeals to. Are businesses really going to want them, well I could imaging some 'Arty' studio type of business taking the plunge. Apart from that No I can't see any value. Business doesn't even like a hyphen between words, they're certainly not going to suffer a dot in the middle of a word.

I'm sure there could be a few out there that really create a smile but that becomes short-lived. Collect away, I say but don't ever expect a financial return. Treat them like that interesting pebble that you picked-up on the beach. Great for showing around - But, nobody really wants it.

Maybe a few dollars between collectors to be had

Thanks for commenting. It’s apparent hacked domains won’t appeal to all. That’s a given considering the culture of the domain industry at-large. It’s fair to say with every generation comes a new set of possibilities though.

Hacked domains definitely have their place and value. One could only imagine there are some businesses and individuals who are just fine with having a hacked domain. Hats off to them for being willing to embrace an alternative.

Thanks again for sharing your view.

•••
free.tax, not sure if this count as domain hack, I sold this for 3K via outbound few years ago.

•••
Here are my few hacks.

Araku . coffee (GI tag exists for Araku Valley Coffee, but Araku Coffee is used popularly)

Sri . jewelry (Sri is synonymous with wealth in Indian languages, and is also my short name)

enft . co . in (e NFT coin)

vlog . co . in (vlog coin)

Another favorite "suffix . tld" hack is *bullet . in => <any word> bulletin.
Registered "AIBullet . in" just now.

Thank you Mel for this thread, which prompted :xf.wink: me to go for an AI hack.

Then, I also have a slightly different take with:
24365 . info (obvious, isn't it?)

Business plans are in place for all.

•••
Image 22-5-23 at 12.32.jpeg

Last edited:
•••
Here are my few hacks.

Araku . coffee (GI tag exists for Araku Valley Coffee, but Araku Coffee is used popularly)

Sri . jewelry (Sri is synonymous with wealth in Indian languages, and is also my short name)

enft . co . in (e NFT coin)

vlog . co . in (vlog coin)

Another favorite "suffix . tld" hack is *bullet . in => <any word> bulletin.
Registered "AIBullet . in" just now.

Thank you Mel for this thread, which prompted :xf.wink: me to go for an AI hack.

Then, I also have a slightly different take with:
24365 . info (obvious, isn't it?)

Business plans are in place for all.
🤝 Nice names! Thanks for sharing! As for 24365.info, it’s obvious. “24 hours” (24) “365 days” (365) worth of “information” (.info). Accurate? That’s a cool one as well. Congrats on the .Ai hack you acquired too. Feel free to share it after you secure the sell. Wishing you much success.

•••
free.tax, not sure if this count as domain hack, I sold this for 3K via outbound few years ago.

Nice name and sale! “Free Tax” is “Tax free”. Gotta love it! Thanks for sharing.

•••
Hi

what most think are hacks, are just crap.

imo...

•••
•••
😎 Simply put, hacked domains are cool. Yeah, they don’t meet the criteria some domainers/investors have as it relates to readability and the radio-test; but they’re appealing nonetheless. At least to some.

💪 If you think about it, hacked domains are the closest thing to owning a TLD in the centralized domain space. Imagine if there was a centralized “.om” extension. “c.om” would have immense value and appeal. It would be the proverbial “king of the king” in a sense.

💎 It’s something about a hacked domain that screams creativity and breaks away from the status-quo of naming. Be it for branding, or simply because you can, domain hacks are a cool option when you can snag one.

😏 What cool domain hacks have you come across or do you hold? On this end, they’re “Aristocr.at” and “UAEDub.ai”. Drop your creative domain hacks/views below.

🗣Mel
QUAD DOMAINS
Aristocr.at is super dope. I have "antisoci.al", "donotclickon.me", and "donotreply.me"

•••
₿.ug

It's a shame that the unicode doesn't stay. I have е.com (Cyrillic/Russian alphabet). When I first bought the domain, it didn't revert to the punycode. But, now it does which is likely due to Russian military aggression. I'm currently trying to get this resolved as it doesn't violate Google Chrome's IDN policy and can't be used to spoof e.com, because e.com isn't allowed to exist.

•••
Not hacks per se but talking of IDNs, I have two very "wealthy" 1L IDN names, if and when, the relevant Indian language keyboards or Google input tools are used popularly.

My short name "Sri" means wealth in Indian languages as well as in other cultures in South & Southeast Asia.
(https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sri)

It is represented by a single character as below.
శ్రీ in Telugu language (punycode: xn--rpcl5a0c)
श्री in Hindi language (punycode: xn--t2bl5a0c)

I have both of them in .COM, and they redirect to Sri . jewelry mentioned in my earlier post.

BTW, punycode of ₿ is xn--4zg.

•••
Flowers is my best, out of hundreds of hacks I own.

•••
•••
Aristocr.at is super dope. I have "antisoci.al", "donotclickon.me", and "donotreply.me"

🤯 “ Antisoci.al “. Love it!

•••
•••
Back