Termination of domain registrar MITSU INC by Nixi

NameSilo
Watch

dnk

Established Member
Impact
Received the following message from Nixi

Dear Registrant / Customer,

This is to inform that the registrar account of your current registrar – Mitsu Inc. has been terminated by National Internet Exchange of India(NIXI) which manages the .IN Registry.

In view of the termination, your registrar will not be able to provide you any domain management services for .IN or .भारत (in all supported languages).

In order to protect your rights and commercial interests,.IN Registry hereby informs you to transfer your domain(s) to an alternate Accredited Registrar of .IN Registry of your choice. Please view the link below for the list of registrars - https://registry.in/Accredited_Registrars

You may contact your preferred new registrar on your own for transferring your domain(s) and follow the process as may be advised by the new registrar.

Meanwhile to maintain continuity, .IN Registry is taking over the control of your domain names and if you require any changes to your existing contact details or Nameserver associated with your domain name, you are requested to send an email from your registrant email id, as reflecting in whois records to [email protected].

While moving to a new registrar, you are requested to contact .IN Registry to obtain your domain authorization or “AUTH CODE” – which will be required by the new registrar to initiate transfer of your domain(s).

You are requested to complete the transfer process in the next 15 days from the date of this email. If not, .IN Registry will initiate its own process to transfer your domain to another registrar as may be determined by .IN Registry.

Sincerely yours,
National Internet Exchange of India (NIXI)

Has anyone else received this email, and knows what is the real reason for termination of Mitsu, as it is causing a lot of inconvenience

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
email is definitely not fake. Mitsu have acknowledged that many of their customers have experienced the same thing we have.

On the positive side, the NS have not changed BUT we are not in the deadline yet (15 days)... no idea what will happen after the deadline has passed.

edit: I should also note that NIXI is a legitimate entity. Try and visit their site on nixi dot in

Last edited:
•••
What I don't get is why you are both waiting the 15 days out instead of transferring to a registrar of your own choosing, ASAP. I'd be on it immediately and transferring my domains to my preferred registrar, and not to NIXI's preferred registrar. For fear of losing control of my domains. Even if for a short time.

•••
I think @Hypersot said that we can no longer control our domains. If NIXI is currently the registrar on record, then it's too late to request an EPP from Mitsu.in (although I haven't tried). NIXI is not a true registrar but more of a registry/regulatory body in charge of .in domains. According to the email, all domain transactions in the interim have to be done by communicating with NIXI via email, which sounds like a real fucking nightmare. How the hell do they plan to authenticate people to verify that they are true domain owners? Waiting 15 days for this to blow over doesn't sound fantastic, but it feels a lot less messy to deal with an actual registrar than with NIXI's (probably inept) customer service. Either way, it's a sucky situation.

Last edited:
•••
According to the original email, we can request a transfer via contacting NIXI. It's just I believe that there is a risk of complicating things more. As I said, Mitsu might be in the process of sorting out a solution. It's true though that they could have communicated things in a more professional way instead of staying silent.

I will wait until a couple days before the deadline and then I'll contact NIXI. I'm only interested in one domain really. A few months back I transferred almost all my domains from any logicboxes registrar I used (ie. Mitsu, ResellerClub, etc.) so, what's left on Mitsu is not that important to me.

•••
I guess this would be an appropriate thread for .in registar recommendations. Mitsu.in was cheap and worked well, although their interface was terrible.

•••
Are members with domains at mitsu moving all their domains away or are waiting for the registrar transfer by NIXI to take place?

•••
All other details are not for public discussion... but all experienced domainers in this niche - perfectly understand me...

I cannot comment on the specifics.

I assume this is the discussion on "other forums" people are referring to:

https://www.INF/threads/lessons-from-history-pick-your-registrar-carefully.22041/

I still don't get what's with the fucking secrecy. Our domains may end up being held hostage. If you know something that may benefit other members, say it here. This is not a good time to play mystery man.

•••
I assume this is the discussion on "other forums" people are referring to:

https://www.INF/threads/lessons-from-history-pick-your-registrar-carefully.22041/

I still don't get what's with the f*cking secrecy. Our domains may end up being held hostage. If you know something that may benefit other members, say it here. This is not a good time to play mystery man.
There is no transparency in the indian internet sector, everything is kept top secret by a select few , who then greatly benefit from the secrecy. NIXI should declare the official reason why they terminated Mitsu as a registrar

Last edited:
•••
I think some Indian domainer should send RTI request to NIXI asking for the reason to terminate Mitsu. Foreigners can't do that. And share the outcome here.

•••
•••
Experienced domainers are aware of Mitsu's dropcatching/selling activities, but they are not the only registrar who used their registrar capabilities to profit from dropcatching. Yet only Mitsu got terminated. We need formal statement from NIXI.

•••
Yellow card was also shown for Hexonet a few years ago - and Hex stopped such "activity" immediately.
That's why their accreditation was not terminated.

•••
Well Hexonet was different story, they offered public backorders and stopped after someone complained about their backorder tool to NIXI - this is "official" version. Mitsu didn't offer public backorder services at the moment of termination.

•••
Mitsu's activity was unpublic... for themselves and for some of their customers/insiders like Raj G...

•••
Right, but they are not the only one who were doing that. But only they got terminated.

•••
Someone should be the first...

•••
•••
Refraining from speculation, termination is a termination, NIXI does not have to publicly elaborate.... however, here is a domain under transfer(USD.in) and another(DEX.in) which has not yet initiated transfer 😁

•••
They probably will if got RTI request ;)

•••
Did you try to use the auth code from the mitsu control panel for transfer
yes i tried, but the domain cannot be unlocked, no no use of that auth code because the transfer cannot happen without unlocking. and even after repeated emails, NIXI support has not unlocked my domains.

•••
•••
It's interesting, so little is known about this situation and yet it must effect a lot of people. Mitsu.in is a significant India registrar, holding 100+ portfolios, this is going to cost a lot of $ to transfer all at once. What will happen if we don't transfer out ourselves? Where will nixi put names we are the registrant for? No word from mitsu.in to their customers. It's all a bit of an unknown and yet it's pretty quite on the forums about this, I'm surprised.

•••
There is a lot of fraud going on with .in domain names, with ntro employees falsely claiming that their relatives, girlfriends, who do not spend any money, own the domain names of other women domain investors to get their girlfriends, relatives, R&AW/CBI jobs . The Mitsu termination is likely to be related to this fraud also . Those involved in the .in domain fraud are very good at ensuring that these issues are not discussed on forums or anywhere else, as the forum owners are relying on the domain fraudsters, who have indian government jobs .

It is very expensive to transfer all the domains at a time, and unplanned also.

Last edited:
•••
So what happens if you don't transfer your domains to another register and NIXI picks a registrar of its choice and transfers them for you? Do you have to pay the renewal/transfer fee? Because if you transfer them yourself, you are up for the renewal/transfer fee.

I've just renewed the bulk of my domains and It's not fair that I have to pay a further renewal fee just because the registrar is dodgy, and has been rubbed out. I realise that the expiry date is extended accordingly, but that is not the issue. The issue is the extra expense, which should not be happening.

•••
If you do nothing a bulk transfer will take place to a registrar designated by Nixi. But then no extra time will be added to the registration term. So if you have names expiring very soon, it's best not to wait. Transfer now to a registrar of your choosing if you can.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back