NameSilo

Ten Year Renewal In Advance of Domain Name Fee Increases Is Inadequate Protection

Labeled as analysis in Domain Industry News started by GeorgeK, May 2, 2019.

Replies:
Views:

1. GeorgeK

GeorgeK Leap.com PRO VIP ★★★★★★★★★★

The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
  2. Drongy

Drongy Upgraded Member Gold Account

Wait, there has been no verdict yet, right?

3. Jv1999

Jv1999 New Adventures: Learned Squire of the Exo-Tower VIP

are we even goign to be alive in 10 years? :tightlyclosedeyes:

4. GeorgeK

GeorgeK Leap.com PRO VIP ★★★★★★★★★★

The ICANN comment period for .org just ended (was supposed to end) a few days ago, although a few late comments are still trickling in. I don't think anything will get decided for a couple of months. (needs to be a summary of public comments, and then maybe they'll revise the contract, and/or send it to the Board).

5. Bob Hawkes

Bob Hawkes formerly MetBob NameTalent VIP

A well written post, @GeorgeK - thank you!

I can't believe that they and some have used the following argument seriously, and I agree entirely with your take on it.

"ICANN and PIR’s argument is silly, arguing that simply allowing one’s domain name to be repossessed, just like a home owner walking away from a mortgage contract with bad terms by defaulting on the loan, is an acceptable “compromise.” It’s simply not. It’s really insulting people’s intelligence to even suggest that."
    from https://freespeech.com/2019/05/02/t...-name-fee-increases-is-inadequate-protection/

6. dande

dande Premium Domain Names VIP

Good article. I've been thinking of making all my domain names 10years instead of 1yr

Want to reply or ask your own question?

It only takes a minute to sign up – and it's free!
Topics / Tags: