Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

gorilla_bob

VIP Member
FreshDrop Staff
Pheenix.com
Impact
Hello everyone,

The reason why I wanted to post was I wanted to share to everyone about something that I just built that will help the TDNAM Firesale community. Everyone has been requesting to see if there was a better way to search TDNam's firesale database for their choice domains. Well, I think your prayers have been answered. I just built a program that searches TDNam's database for several hot domain's.

Some of the quick searches are: CVCV, VCVC, CVVC, VCCV, NNNN, NNNNN domains. The scans are updated every hour for now so it's pretty much almost real time, cause it scans TDNam's entire database... saving everyone the hassle of doing it.

In the future, I'm planning on adding more types of hot domain searches that can be easily accessible.

If anyone has any suggestions on searches/scans they would like to see from the site, please PM so that I can possibly add the custom scans to the program.

Hope everyone enjoys the new program....and if you are feeling generous, I'm always accepting donations.

The free TDNAM Firesale Tool can be found here: www.freshdrop.net

BTW: I just checked the freshdrop.net scanner and saw that ozzy.biz is available...sound very juicy for any ozzy osbourne lovers out there. I was actually tempted to take it myself but I think I will give it to the TDNAM Firesale community as a gift.

Many thanks,

Bob

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Hello Bob,

I have a list of 5000 domains that I'm monitoring manually. I want to know if any of them goes to tdnam expired domain auction.

What I want is this:

1. There should membership and a user interface for members.
2. In member area I want a page where I can copy my 5000 domains (including extension) from my excel file and paste it there.
3. If there are any exact matches I want to receive an email notification (and a referrer link to register).

Can you provide such a service? I would pay for this.

I also want the same monitoring service for snapnames.

I have been discussion this service in this topic but havent found anything smillar to what I want. I've lost my hope on this.

I want also another feature. I will explain with an example:

Step 1. Find me all .COM domains
that start with the keywords 'cheap, easy, find, good, learn, my ,new, online, speak' OR
that end with 'central, dictionary, forum, forums, lesson, lessons, online, world'.

(I want to edit my starts, ends, contains lists in my account. These must be editable. I have many non-English keywords and suffixes.)

Step 2. Don't email me that list. It will be too long. Now check if the .NET version of these dot coms is taken.

Why? Because any good dot com domain has its dot net version taken. If the dot net version is sitting there empty, forget about that dot com.

After you have checked the dot net versions only return a list of dot coms where the dot net is taken (and optionally where the dot org/co.uk/ca/whatever is taken as well).

Step 3. Email me that list.

Bob,
I have been getting crazy with snapnames lists. Tdnam is already unmanagable for me without the "exact match monitoring" and "multiple keyword search function for com domains with .net extension filtering" features that I want.

Please check these two great programs that another member created after my suggestion. On the other hand all these work manually. I spend hours every 3 days.

I will tell you everything on how the system should work and what needs to be improved etc. I don't want anything in return. Just save me from spending hours with expired domain lists.

We can talk further with emails if you think you can apply some of my ideas.

Last edited:
•••
Marcello,

Thanks for your input. Alot of them were actually on our list of things to do. I think the next step for us is to create a login section. There will be lots of goodies once a user is able to log onto the site that can't be done without a user being logged into the system.

So before we tackle any other 'user' specific functionalities, we have to have that in place. Once that is done, I'll review more your requests to see where it could benefit everyone as a whole.

- Bob

Freshdrop.net UPDATE:

Added several powerful filters:

PR Range Filter
Fake PR Filter
Last Regged Domain Age Filter
Auction End Day Filter

Enjoy and happy hunting!

- Bob

Last edited:
•••
Can you add "dot net version taken filter for coms". I want to see only the coms where the net is taken. The majority of useless domains will be eliminated with that filter. This is the best feature you can ever imagine and nobody has done that so far except domaintools.com with their paid membership.

•••
Freshdrop.net UPDATE:

Added new language quick searches:

French
German
Dutch

Enjoy and happy hunting!

- Bob

•••
Problem....

While on FreshDrop.net I have noticed in IE7 that when you click EXP Names (box), the list does not change off of the Fire Sale names?

Great tool, and people, please make sure you help out and use the BUY button. This in no way affects the buyer, and only gives credit to Bob, who created this great free tool.

•••
Yofie,

Thanks for the headsup. Would you try it again to see if you are having difficulties? The last few days we have been running a significant amount of processing to get the backlink analytics online and it could be that the server is running a little slower so the expiring_names pages did not load fast enough.

- Bob

•••
gorilla_bob said:
Yofie,

Thanks for the headsup. Would you try it again to see if you are having difficulties? The last few days we have been running a significant amount of processing to get the backlink analytics online and it could be that the server is running a little slower so the expiring_names pages did not load fast enough.

- Bob
Worked this time Bob. I think it is a load issue. Seems kind of slow and that's probally why it didn't load. Even after you type FreshDrop.com/net it seems to take awhile for the page to open.

•••
Freshdrop.net UPDATE:

Big Upgrade

Added new quick searches:

Keys (We took the last 1 million most searched key word/phrases and scan our databases to find any match)

Names (We scan all our database for any domains that match somebodies first name)

Added new database:

Sedo Auctions (Now see analytics for all domains in Sedo Auctions)

Let me know what you guys think about this. I'm really excited about this upgrade.

Enjoy and happy hunting!

- Bob

•••
Hello gorilla_bob,

You are doing very well so far. Because you actually listen what people say I have more feedback for you.

#1: On the columns panel we have these columns:
1. PR
2. Fake
3. Age
4. GR
5. Traffic
6. Bid(s)
7. Price
8. Time Left

On the right panel I can select these:
1. PR
2. Fake
3. Age
8. Time left

I can also select these:
> extension
> # of characters.

What I would like to see is a complete match between the columns and the right panel.

You should add these to the columns:
> extension
> # of characters.

You should add these to the right panel:
> GR
> Traffic
> Bid(s)
> Price

#2:
On top I can select these:
1. Closeouts
2. exp names
3. sedo auctions
With the current system it is impossible to seach all at once. I suggest these tabs to be converted to tickboxes.

#3 bug report:
When I sort according # of bids moon.org with 71 bids, is listed under domains that have 8 bids. The system counts only first digit.

#4:
When I sort a column I want to see some graphical feedback. I want to see a small arrow on that column point up or down.

#5: I don't think the domain name freshdrop.net is as good as your website is. Can you find a better domain?

#6: Can you add snapnames?

I'm looking forward for membership feature and email reports.

I have also some questions: If I click on the green buy button it redirects me to tdnam. I see that I'm not logged in at tdnam, so I login. Do you still get the commission?

Is the commission rising according the final auction price or is it a fixed amounth per domain? I'm asking because I want it the way best helpful for your website.

Last edited:
•••
Freshdrop.net UPDATE:

Added new analytic (WBR - Wayback Results)

Now you see how many archive records a domain has. For the next few days the scans will be running to update our current domains but you will start seeing data populate.

Enjoy and happy hunting!

- Bob

Great questions Marcello,

I'll try to answer them as best as possible.

#1: For right now, the amount of columns is limited. The reason why it is limited is because we have only so many spaces in the main body to put columns. We have already allocated several very powerful analytics that we are working on for these columns.

Once the main body fills up with analytic columns, then we'll do a brainstorm to see how we can add more analytics into the crowded area. It will be a big design issue that we'll have to work out.

The filter box will have many more features to come...right now we are concentrating on adding more powerful analytics and will return to the filter box when the analytics are in place.

#2: We will be adding many more databases in the near future. After all the databases are added we'll come back and do some type of consolidation.

#3: Thank you, we'll take care of that within the next 24 hours.

#4: Yes, that is a good feature. We'll look into it.

#5: We'll have to take vote on that someday. Already people know our site as 'freshdrop' so to change it may risk to lose alot of name brand recognition that we already have.

#6: At this point snapnames we do not have an agreement with snapnames, so it would be difficult for us to find a way to monetize this area. If people would like to see snapnames, then we may have to charge a subscription to see this type of data. If I can get more people to say that they would be willing to pay a subscription fee for this type of data, then we will go ahead and build it into our system.

Button Clicking
---------------
We get a set commission rate for every domain bought. If you buy a domain for $5 or even $50,000 ... we would get the same commission for it. So it is better that you purchase more domains to help us.

Hope the above answers your questions and feel free to post more questions in the thread and we'll try to get back to you.

Many thanks.

- Bob

marcello said:
Hello gorilla_bob,

You are doing very well so far. Because you actually listen what people say I have more feedback for you.

#1: On the columns panel we have these columns:
1. PR
2. Fake
3. Age
4. GR
5. Traffic
6. Bid(s)
7. Price
8. Time Left

On the right panel I can select these:
1. PR
2. Fake
3. Age
8. Time left

I can also select these:
> extension
> # of characters.

What I would like to see is a complete match between the columns and the right panel.

You should add these to the columns:
> extension
> # of characters.

You should add these to the right panel:
> GR
> Traffic
> Bid(s)
> Price

#2:
On top I can select these:
1. Closeouts
2. exp names
3. sedo auctions
With the current system it is impossible to seach all at once. I suggest these tabs to be converted to tickboxes.

#3 bug report:
When I sort according # of bids moon.org with 71 bids, is listed under domains that have 8 bids. The system counts only first digit.

#4:
When I sort a column I want to see some graphical feedback. I want to see a small arrow on that column point up or down.

#5: I don't think the domain name freshdrop.net is as good as your website is. Can you find a better domain?

#6: Can you add snapnames?

I'm looking forward for membership feature and email reports.

I have also some questions: If I click on the green buy button it redirects me to tdnam. I see that I'm not logged in at tdnam, so I login. Do you still get the commission?

Is the commission rising according the final auction price or is it a fixed amounth per domain? I'm asking because I want it the way best helpful for your website.

•••
Hey guys, thanks for all your patience as we moved freshdrop.net to our new server. Not sure if you noticed, but performance is "FAST AS LIGHTNING" now! So we have spent the last 2 weeks in addressing any and all PERFORMANCE issues.

For the first time today, we experienced our first D.o.S. attack on our server. Which can only mean that there are entities out there that don't want you to use the services at Freshdrop.net. Rest assured, our technical teams are working around the clock to make sure that this won't happen anymore.

Some more good updates...in the next few months we will be launching our premium monthly subscription services. I'll drop in and give more hints on what's in stored for freshdrop.net as we get closer and closer to launch date of our premium services. But I know for professional domainers, what we have in store will really be useful.

- Bob

•••
Hello Friends,

It's time to show your support for FRESHDROP.NET

We ask that you go vote for the domainer's choice awards and choose FRESHDROP.NET as the Best Domainer Tools.

Go here to show your support and vote for freshdrop.net to be the best domaining tool in the industry.

http://domainerschoiceawards.com/polls.php

Scroll all the way to the bottom until you find the 'Best Domainer Tool' category. For now, you will need to select 'YOUR CHOICE' and then type in FRESHDROP.NET.

I also urge you to show your support by emailing [email protected] and petitioning domainerschoiceawards to add FRESHDROP.NET to the category so people can see the option.

Thank you so much for showing your support for us.

Many thanks and we are working the midnight clock to bring you even more good things to come from www.freshdrop.net.

- Bob

•••
Voted for you.

Did you buy freshdrop.com?

•••
Thanks for the vote Marcello,

Hopefully there are others that will be voting for FRESHDROP.net as well.

Yes, we picked up FRESHDROP.com.

- Bob

•••
Freshdrop.net UPDATE:
Dec 05, 2007

Added new analytic (DZ - Listed in DMOZ Directory)

Ok, as promised. We finally got the DMOZ Directory analytic up and running. It is 2:00 AM here so the scans may not get done until a few more hours. I would suggest waiting until 4:00 AM before you start sorting my 'DZ' or else you may get an error.

Enjoy and happy hunting!

Don't forget to vote for freshdrop.net as the 'Best Domain Tool' : http://domainerschoiceawards.com/polls.php

- Bob

•••
marcello said:
Voted for you.

Did you buy freshdrop.com?
Thats great news, but the .net is in my minds :)

•••
getting this error :(

Warning: mysql_error(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL-Link resource in /home/freshdrop/domains/freshdrop.net/public_html/inc/db_tdexpire.php on line 365

•••
sorry if that has been said before but what are the traffic estimates based on ?
are they based on domain stats or is it a keyword analysis ?

here's my suggestion for a feature:
I would like to sort tables by more than just one criteria, I'd like to sort by time and by traffic for example

•••
sOliver,

The traffic estimates come from the auction house. So for the TDNAM auctions, the traffic estimates come from TDNAM/GODADDY. Basically, each of the domains are parked with godaddy and they put in an algorithm that predicts monthly traffic based upon the current amount of traffic the domain gets while parked with Godaddy.

Hope that helps.

- Bob

•••
gorilla_bob said:
sOliver,

The traffic estimates come from the auction house. So for the TDNAM auctions, the traffic estimates come from TDNAM/GODADDY. Basically, each of the domains are parked with godaddy and they put in an algorithm that predicts monthly traffic based upon the current amount of traffic the domain gets while parked with Godaddy.

Hope that helps.

- Bob
Here I thought Bob P. just shouted out random numbers when he was counting out his money he makes every second. Then his little elfs just put a traffic number in for certain domains...... :sold:

The bad thing about those "so called" traffic est. is they were gauged when a site was up. As the site is gone, and the domain sites with a parked page on it and people revisit and see that, they leave right away. So picking up the domain because of a traffic number you see would be dumb.

Base the value of the keyword.
Use www.MarketLeap.com to see how many backlinks a domain has. Make sure to break them down (click on the number) to see if the links are "good" and not just a bunch from a forum or some site that gets no traffic etc.
Use wordtracker to check Term Popularity http://freekeywords.wordtracker.com/
Use www.NameBio.com to compare recent sales of domains with those keywords.

It seems like a lot of work, but you are making an investment and you want it to be the best it can be, for the least amount of money!

•••
Wow, I'm impressed that you bought freshdrop.com. This is the best thing you have ever done regarding this project.

While freshdrop.com was somebody elses I thought fresdrop.net was a nice site but it was born death. I thought all the advertisement was worthless because you didn't own freshdrop.com. If you are a domainer and you build a website you don't expect other domainers to take you serious if you build it on .net and the .com isn't yours.

This project was almost worthless but now that you freshdrop.com -which is a very nice domain- it is a brilliant project.

•••
marcello said:
Wow, I'm impressed that you bought freshdrop.com. This is the best thing you have ever done regarding this project.
That wasn't nice Marcello! Basically you are saying the tool is bad, and now he just has a nice domain!

It's a Free tool, and a great one at that, and it doesn't matter what domain he puts it on. A budget is a budget. If he could only afford the .net at start-up, then that was the case.

Give Bob a break!

•••
I think you guys are both right. When we first started up, actually I saw the domain FRESHDROP.com up for sale on namepros. When I saw the name, I came up with the concept for the website. After talking and trying to negotiate with the seller of FRESHDROP.com, negotiations broke down because of my limited budget. It was at that time that I saw FRESHDROP.net was available to register for reg fee. I decided that my budget was better spent for development than it was to purchase the .COM.

Knowing though that in the back of my head, any marketing that I do for the site could possibly stream into the .COM ... this is when I really realized the power behind .COM and why it is KING. As a developer, not having the .COM means that you run the risk of another entity getting the benefits of your marketing. It was a bane in our future growth. So at the first opportunity, when I had available funds, I quickly bought up the .COM via negotiations. I paid a little more than I wanted to at the time...but to take away any worries that I would have about the future development and growth of the site, was worth every penny.

How that gives a little insight about the history. So far, we have been in development for about a good 3-4 montsh now. We are constantly coming up with really good things for the site. Right now we are testing the data conduits with Pool, Snapnames, and Namejet. We are testing this because we are planning on launching our premium services sometime in early 2008... which will give premium members access to data feeds from Pool, Snapnames, Namejet, All, and also 'Reg Fee' domains.

I've been testing the data feeds for the last few weeks, and I gotta tell you, you could spend hours upon hours going through all the feeds and find some fantastic names. I've got my eyes on some really good ones now.

Rest assured, once we get everything to work properly, we'll open it up to the public.

If you have any questions, please feel free to post here or PM me and we can talk more.

- Bob

•••
gorilla_bob said:
I've been testing the data feeds for the last few weeks, and I gotta tell you, you could spend hours upon hours going through all the feeds and find some fantastic names. I've got my eyes on some really good ones now.
Oh no. I am already spending hours upon hours on freshdrop, that is bad news. My fiancée is going to kill me :)

•••
Freshdrop.net UPDATE:
Dec 19, 2007

Added new quick scan (GEO - Geographic)

Ok, as promised. We finally got the GEO scan up and running. Our GEO scan has over 2 million geographic locations: countries, cities, states, etc.

Initial scans may take a few hours, right now 'Closeouts' is working. 'Expiring Names' may not be ready for another few hours.

Enjoy and happy hunting!

Please also to make sure to vote for FRESHDROP.NET in the final round of voting on DomainersChoiceAwards.com.

- Bob

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back