Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

gorilla_bob

VIP Member
FreshDrop Staff
Pheenix.com
Impact
Hello everyone,

The reason why I wanted to post was I wanted to share to everyone about something that I just built that will help the TDNAM Firesale community. Everyone has been requesting to see if there was a better way to search TDNam's firesale database for their choice domains. Well, I think your prayers have been answered. I just built a program that searches TDNam's database for several hot domain's.

Some of the quick searches are: CVCV, VCVC, CVVC, VCCV, NNNN, NNNNN domains. The scans are updated every hour for now so it's pretty much almost real time, cause it scans TDNam's entire database... saving everyone the hassle of doing it.

In the future, I'm planning on adding more types of hot domain searches that can be easily accessible.

If anyone has any suggestions on searches/scans they would like to see from the site, please PM so that I can possibly add the custom scans to the program.

Hope everyone enjoys the new program....and if you are feeling generous, I'm always accepting donations.

The free TDNAM Firesale Tool can be found here: www.freshdrop.net

BTW: I just checked the freshdrop.net scanner and saw that ozzy.biz is available...sound very juicy for any ozzy osbourne lovers out there. I was actually tempted to take it myself but I think I will give it to the TDNAM Firesale community as a gift.

Many thanks,

Bob

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Freshdrop.net UPDATE:
Dec 23, 2007

EBAY Database now publicly available for FREE!

Ok guys. This is a first. Everyone knows how difficult it is to search for domains on EBAY. But because of this, time and time again, you find some of the greatest domain deals on there. So now we've made your searches a whole lot easier with our EBAY scans.

Because the naming convention of the Ebay auctions are not constant, they'll be some times when the scanner picks up only part of a domain name...so just keep that in mind... but I think it's probably the best thing so far.

Enjoy and happy hunting!

Please also to make sure to vote for FRESHDROP.NET in the final round of voting on DomainersChoiceAwards.com.

- Bob

•••
this is toooooooooo coooooooool dude :)

:xf.love:

•••
That's very cool! Thanks Again!

•••
•••
Lonely,

Thanks for the headsup. We added some additional filters for this scenario.

- Bob

•••
Freshdrop.net UPDATE:
Jan 18, 2008

Google Results without TLD analytic now available!
Yahoo Backlinks now available!

Some great stuff just added to freshdrop.net. Google Results without TDL scans are online and Yahoo Backlinks scans are running and may take a few days to propogate.

Also we now have a contact page which you can use to contact us if you need to get a hold of us faster.

Happy Hunting.

- Bob

•••
:)
THANKXXXX So much !!
:)
You have done a great job with this.!​

Last edited:
•••
thanks for the kind words allis.

Lots of more good things to come.

Bob

•••
gorilla_bob said:
thanks for the kind words allis.

Lots of more good things to come.

Bob
when are the SNAP results going to be out in public?

•••
We are putting the final touches on it now. Will be released within one week if things go well!

We want to add one more good surprise before we launch it.

Stay Tuned for more good stuff!

Bob

•••
Bob, what happaned to my suggestion? Do you remember that I suggested a feature that would search if other extensions of a com are taken?

I recently sold extravaganja dot com for 300 USD at sedo. This is not a very high sale but I picked this domain from the tdnam 5 USD firesale! All the other criteria others are using failed to pick that domain.

What I did was to get a list of all coms and then check if other extensions are taken. Thats how I found that domain. If there is one average domain among thousand crap names, I can find it but I don't have the energy to check manually every day.

Bob, I have another idea how to process namejet and snapnames files but we need to have the zone files. Can you get your hands on those zone files including all domains on Earth on major extensions?

•••
marcello said:
Bob, what happaned to my suggestion? Do you remember that I suggested a feature that would search if other extensions of a com are taken?

I also suggested this to him, as always, he is very courteous and caring of his customers needs and kindly advised me that he was working on such a project that would be released soon. Thanks!

•••
when can we expect the other sections, about the pro membership available? i can't wait to see it :) hehe

•••
Freshdrop.net UPDATE:
Feb 05, 2008

Dear Friends,

For the past few months we have all been able to enjoy the great services of FreshDrop.net. I am proud to announce that on Feb 10, 2008 FreshDrop.net will release PRO Subscriptions to the public. With it, all will continue to enjoy the great services that we offer extended to Pool, Namejet, and Snapnames datafeed.

This is a gigantic leap for all domainers and I wish all of you the very best in your further domaining career.

Warmest Regards,

- Bob

•••
FreshDrop.net PRO Subscriptions is now open to the public.

Thanks for all your support guys.

Our development team now will be working on the task of creating FreshDrop.net version 3.0 which will be jaw dropping phenominal.

Many thanks for believing in us!!

Bob

•••
Freshdrop.net UPDATE:
Feb 17, 2008

Overture Popularity Results!!!

Alright, you all have been waiting a long time for this. I'm finally glad to say that it's here! Took us awhile but i think you will agree that it's worth the wait.

Happy Hunting.

- Bob

•••
OVT tool is working great, Thanks!

•••
Freshdrop.net UPDATE:
Feb 19, 2008

Snapnames Auctions Data Feed Added for PRO SUBSCRIPTIONS!!

We are on a roll now. Just added the Snapnames Auctions Data Feed for PRO Subscriptions. Over 90,000 domains starting from $9 that Snapnames offers in their private auctions.

Happy Hunting.

- Bob

•••
Hello gorilla_bob,

Can you please make the trial access easier? I just want to see how it works and if it works good enough. I need to see a few results before I decide to pay for it.

You need to demonstrate the service in some way. I suggest that you make a free two day trial per email address that is both limited in number of results per search and number of total searches.

Also, your websites looks broken in IE 6.0. (the most common web browser among Internet users). I had to scroll down a lot to find where the join button is. There was broken blank space bigger than a whole page size and under that space was the join button. Obviously the pictures are causing problems.

I guess you are using photoshops slice technique to create the website which is not a good way. These days modern websites are build with CSS. I can help you with that if you need help.

Another thing is that I want exact match alert. I have lists containing thousands of domains. As you know I have send you the database for one of the languages on your website. I'm working all the time on those lists. Sometimes reviewing 50.000 names to get 5.000 quality names from it.

I'm not so sure if the pro service is worth it. It looks expensive. But then again, I'm not sure how the pro service is because I couldn't test it because you are asking for payment info just to see it working which I'm not going to give as a matter of principle.

On the other hand, if there was an exact match service I would definately pay for it (of course after I see how it works). The thing I want is very much like putting my own language database file but in a smaller size. Lets say 2000 domains or 5000 domains.

Another service I would be more willing to pay is bulk search namejet, snapnames etc. This is a little different than exact match. I would like to enter 10 terms and see all domains starting with any of these terms.

The pro thing you are doing right now is a good start. I wish it was cheaper and easier to test. I don't want to give my name or address either. I'm not giving these details on any small website on the internet. I gave some fake info to try it. But couldn't continue because of paypal thing.

If it was around 10 USD, if a normal paypal payment was possible, if no private info was requested, if testing the service was possible much easier than now, then I would consider your service.

You are doing a few good things but I wish you would listen more.

Last edited:
•••
Thanks for the comments Marcelo,

We will put this up for more thought in our design for version 3.0.
As for the paypal thing, if you sign up, you would not be providing freshdrop.net with your payment information. That information is guarded by paypal and we do not have access to it. By setting up a recurring subscription via paypal, money is only deducted from your account only if you decide not to cancel during the first 10 days.

We feel that this is a very good way of doing it by the large numbers of people that have already signed up for PRO Subscriptions.

I think you will agree that 10 days of free trial without having to pay a dime and your information is safe is the way to go. If you need help with this, feel free to PM me and I can help you set it up.

Warm Regards,

Bob

•••
Freshdrop.net UPDATE:
Feb 22, 2008

TUCOWS Auctions Data Feed Added for PRO SUBSCRIPTIONS!!

One of the most widely unknown auctions in the industry which means that not alot of people are going to compete with you on the auctions. Always good place to find hidden gems.

Happy Hunting.

- Bob

Last edited:
•••
Freshdrop.net UPDATE:
Feb 24, 2008

AFTERNIC Auctions Data Feed open to PUBLIC USE!!

We have just added analytics for all AFTERNIC auctions. These analytics are open free to the public. Enjoy!!

Happy Hunting.

- Bob

•••
Freshdrop.net UPDATE:
Mar 04, 2008

INC Quick Scan Open to the Public!

Another first in the industry. FreshDrop.net has done it again by pushing the boundaries of domain searching. By far the best buyers in the industry are end-users. They constitute the bulk of the largely priced sales. Our "Inc" Quick Scan scans all domains to see if there are any domains that are the name of any US Incorporated company.

This is not necessary trademark violating... to give you an example, the scan would have picked up: NEXTSTAGE.com . If you google nextstage you will find that there are various end users that have the name nextstage in their names. So essentially you have a good pool of endusers that would do anything possible to get this valuable domain.

We thought this scan was very powerful because I've run across many examples of these generic/brandable names that can be sold to multiple end-users. BTW, NEXTSTAGE.com is at pre-bidding value of $4100 now!!

Imagine if you were a company that was in need of a better internet presence but your name was already taken by some other person on the internet. Then one day a domainer comes to you and offers to sell you the name? Wouldn't you be likely to pay a good fee for that name to better establish your webpresence?

That's why the "Inc" quickscan is so powerful!

Happy Hunting!!

- Bob

Last edited:
•••
Freshdrop.net UPDATE:
Jul 29, 2008

Reg Fee Data Feed Open to the Public!

Ok, by popular demand we have made the Reg Fee Data Feed open to the public. These are domains that have recently been dropped and are now available to register for just registration fee costs. We scan the list nightly.

As well, there is on average over half a million domains in this scan!

Happy Hunting!!

- Bob

•••
I don't quite get how the "Reg Fee" feature works.

When I click "buy" it just takes me to the GoDaddy homepage.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back